Student loans may be the next bubble to burst.

Make sure you kids learn how to do something while in school.

Not just think about it or study it but do it.

If you can do something or make something then you will never be hungry.

Good advice. Schools will suck you dry. They will tell kids to take 3 years to decide what they want to 'be.' Then it will take them 8 years to get an undergrad degree. I told mine, you have 5 years to complete the Bachelor's. (I think I'm realistic. My own BSN wasn't doable in 4 years.) And I required them to come out with one marketable skill.

If they spend 8 years on a BS and do not get any marketable skills, you have been fleeded!

I got my BS in education in 3 1/2 years. Paid for every bit of it myself working. I was married and had one kid. I have more than enough money to pay for my sons eduction but I have told them I will not.

I am insisting they go to technical schools. One is in now getting a degree in engineering. He drives a coal truck in the summer to pay for next years tuition and books.

I'm pretty sure a BS in education can still be gotten in 3.5 years. A BSN, however, cannot fit into 4 years. Most go 5 or more for that. It took me 5 years. The clinicals in BSN programs are 3:1. You spend 3 hours in clinical for every 1 hour of credit.

That means if you have two 3 hour clinicals you will spend 9 hours working at the hospital two days a week. Your class for each of those will be 5 hours, sometimes more. Luckily classes count 1:1. When the education major was learning how to design bulletin boards, I was getting up and getting to the hospital in a town 1 hour away at 6:45 a.m. and leaving 9 hours later for another 1 hour drive home.

Sorry, a degree in education just doesn't equal everything else.

There is a reason that people who can't cut it in nursing turn to El Ed. :lol:

The GI bill pays pretty well. Why not give a couple of years of your important existance to your Country and get something back? You don't even have to get shot at. Join the Navy and see the world or the Air Force.

Dont be to sure lots of Navy and Airforce people get shot at and or die serving.

I saw 3 52's crash on takeoff or landing its not a pretty sight, God bless all who serve.

The GI bill pays pretty well. Why not give a couple of years of your important existance to your Country and get something back? You don't even have to get shot at. Join the Navy and see the world or the Air Force.

Dont be to sure lots of Navy and Airforce people get shot at and or die serving.

I saw 3 52's crash on takeoff or landing its not a pretty sight, God bless all who serve.

The ones who return make the MOST excellent nursing students I have ever seen. I had veterans every class and clinical I taught and they were all great!

Good advice. Schools will suck you dry. They will tell kids to take 3 years to decide what they want to 'be.' Then it will take them 8 years to get an undergrad degree. I told mine, you have 5 years to complete the Bachelor's. (I think I'm realistic. My own BSN wasn't doable in 4 years.) And I required them to come out with one marketable skill.

If they spend 8 years on a BS and do not get any marketable skills, you have been fleeded!

I got my BS in education in 3 1/2 years. Paid for every bit of it myself working. I was married and had one kid. I have more than enough money to pay for my sons eduction but I have told them I will not.

I am insisting they go to technical schools. One is in now getting a degree in engineering. He drives a coal truck in the summer to pay for next years tuition and books.

I'm pretty sure a BS in education can still be gotten in 3.5 years. A BSN, however, cannot fit into 4 years. Most go 5 or more for that. It took me 5 years. The clinicals in BSN programs are 3:1. You spend 3 hours in clinical for every 1 hour of credit.

That means if you have two 3 hour clinicals you will spend 9 hours working at the hospital two days a week. Your class for each of those will be 5 hours, sometimes more. Luckily classes count 1:1. When the education major was learning how to design bulletin boards, I was getting up and getting to the hospital in a town 1 hour away at 6:45 a.m. and leaving 9 hours later for another 1 hour drive home.

Sorry, a degree in education just doesn't equal everything else.

There is a reason that people who can't cut it in nursing turn to El Ed. :lol:

Do you make a lot of friends with that awful way of treating people.

Most higher education facilites in this country are liberal indoctrination camps.

74-1.gif

If liberal arts colleges taught students what the real world was like then it might be okay. They dont. Colleges are full of dreamy headed hippies looking for a free ride hoping for the day they can lord their advanced knowledge over the other buger makers at McDonalds.

This goes way beyond your hated liberal arts programs. Students have graduated with liberal arts degrees for generations and have managed to get jobs and be productive workers
Very few graduates are finding employment regardless of their degrees. Those that do are under employed

Don't blame the students for the collapsed job market

I am so glad that so far my two college age kids have no debt from school. We have paid cash the whole way. I hope that by the time my last one ( he will be in college next year) we have enough funds to get him through college without getting loans. But it is forecast that the next bubble to bust is the student loans because of the economy and people unable to get a job that they went to school for. So they are either getting low paid jobs or part time jobs

Here is the story STUDENT DEBT: America's Next Bubble? | FoxNews.com

My oldest son said one of his classmates used some of her grants to get a boob job. So our tax dollars are going to get someone boobs. This is so wrong. And what is wrong with society these days. I guess she got enough to pay for her schools and books and this is what is left over. It was pale grant so she doesnt have to pay it back

So one kid got a boob job so the whole system must be corrupt?

The bottom line is that school is overpriced and their are no jobs to pay off exorbitant loans

And of course you have no idea WHY tuition is so high...I seriously doubt you do.

If liberal arts colleges taught students what the real world was like then it might be okay. They dont. Colleges are full of dreamy headed hippies looking for a free ride hoping for the day they can lord their advanced knowledge over the other buger makers at McDonalds.

This goes way beyond your hated liberal arts programs. Students have graduated with liberal arts degrees for generations and have managed to get jobs and be productive workers
Very few graduates are finding employment regardless of their degrees. Those that do are under employed

Your right I should not blame the students. I blame our culture for convincing students that a BS or BA is the ticket to economic prosperity.

God bless 'em for sure but I saw two 747's crash into the WTT. That ain't a pretty sight either.

My oldest son said one of his classmates used some of her grants to get a boob job. So our tax dollars are going to get someone boobs. This is so wrong. And what is wrong with society these days. I guess she got enough to pay for her schools and books and this is what is left over. It was pale grant so she doesnt have to pay it back

So one kid got a boob job so the whole system must be corrupt?

The bottom line is that school is overpriced and their are no jobs to pay off exorbitant loans

Well, yeah, the Job picture is pretty bleak under the Community Organizer, isn't it? Oh, wait - IT'S BUSH'S FAULT.

This is a great case where government subsidies of the system has created a glut. A lot of cases, sending people to college is kind of a waste, but jobs that don't really need someone college educated to do them require them now.

When I went to college in the 1980's, I got a scholarship for the meager tuition by virtue of being in the National Guard, and worked two minimum wage jobs to pay for fees, books, transportation, etc.

The system has created this requirement that you have to have this to have any kind of career which doesn't involve flipping burgers. It's another example of how a useless set of people- in this case, Academia- have managed to manipulate the system to enrich themselves.

I know a lady who has been doing what I do for 30 years. When she started, College Degrees weren't required in this field. But she was darned good at it. Today, she can't find a job, because 90% of jobs in purchasing require a college degree.

I am so glad that so far my two college age kids have no debt from school. We have paid cash the whole way. I hope that by the time my last one ( he will be in college next year) we have enough funds to get him through college without getting loans. But it is forecast that the next bubble to bust is the student loans because of the economy and people unable to get a job that they went to school for. So they are either getting low paid jobs or part time jobs

Here is the story STUDENT DEBT: America's Next Bubble? | FoxNews.com

Tell them not to concern themselves with a piece of paper. Make sure they absorb languages. That means a future. Degrees are like dirty underwear. Most have some.

Everyone talks about that being an important skill, but not really.

We are pretty darn close to everyone having a phone app that does translations, like a Universal Translator on Star Trek.

You are right in that the piece of paper is meaningless, except that most jobs won't even look at your resume unless you have one.

Your right I should not blame the students. I blame our culture for convincing students that a BS or BA is the ticket to economic prosperity.

And you should also blame the government to be willing to toss out $100's millions every year paying for those pointless degrees.
Look at the growth of community colleges...we're talking quadruple growth in the past 10 years...a BOOMing business that waste taxpayer dollars as easy as piling it up and setting it on fire. Many of these schools have over 50% drop-out rates and as high as 70% of the student population paid by feceral grants. Makes great politics...terrible practical sense.

Sad.....that used to be part of the American Dream

Send your kids to college so they can do better than you. My father sent four kids to college working climbing telephone poles. My mom never had to work

Sad.....that used to be part of the American Dream

Send your kids to college so they can do better than you. My father sent four kids to college working climbing telephone poles. My mom never had to work

And when you and I were growing up (I'm assuming we are about contemporaries) we didn't have WII and I-Phones and designer jeans and Air Jordans that light up. Yeah, maybe Dad put a roof over our heads, but he wasn't expected to pay money for bullshit.

But I grant your point that the generation of our parents saw a college degree as a ticket to a better life. But at that time, very few people had them. There wasn't an institution like UIC which made them accessable to everyone.

When you produce a lot of something that's valuable, it ceases to be valueable.

The other end of the problem is that you liberals, in your defense of the NEA-ATM, have made a high school diploma next to useless. Heck, there's a 20% chance you can't even read it if you got it from a public school. So all a college degree says is "I'm not retarded and I can work towards something without strict supervision". It doesn't mean as much as it used to.

Obama can bail them all out to ensure they vote Democrat for the rest of their lives... He can tell them that they will just tax the rich!~ Of course if you ask Obama to end a fucking war he will pretend he didn't hear you...

This is what you get when dumb people like Obama, who are very smart, just do dumb shit everyday of their life... You get people trying to fix problems from the ass end of it. This is also what you get when someone who has probably never worked an honest day in their life manages to becomes President.

Obama can bail them all out to ensure they vote Democrat for the rest of their lives... He can tell them that they will just tax the rich!~ Of course if you ask Obama to end a fucking war he will pretend he didn't hear you...

This is what you get when dumb people like Obama, who are very smart, just do dumb shit everyday of their life... You get people trying to fix problems from the ass end of it. This is also what you get when someone who has probably never worked an honest day in their life manages to becomes President.

President Obama has never said he would "just tax the rich". He has offered up serious spending cuts across the board

It is the Republicans who insist that everyone in the country sacrifice......except for a chosen few

The scam IMO, is to tell people that greater technology and higher education is the only way to make good money. You might be able to build a !mega program for a computer! all on your own but you still need food, water and a roof over your head and fact is farming and building a house is not easy… In fact it might be harder than 98% of all professions people go to college for. Schools have helped people believe that if you work hard and produce a lot then you’re a grunt who is wasting your life, right?

Point is, the goal in life should be to be productive and happy... Schools aim has been to create incredibly less productive people (literally) who want to be paid more to produce less. I'm not a hater of schooling as it has its place but if schools produced more productive people that add so much to our country/world, why are we amid collapse??? Who do you think helped fuck this country, high school drop outs or college kids that found a way to scam hard working grunts out of a lifetime of savings?

President Obama has never said he would "just tax the rich". He has offered up serious spending cuts across the board

It is the Republicans who insist that everyone in the country sacrifice......except for a chosen few

The only people that took spending seriously was the Tea Party, you know, the guys you try and pin the horrible budget Bonehard, Reid and Obama all voted yes for?

Obama has never offered anything other than "tax the rich," that's why the economy is in the dumps. People hear Obama give out short term deficit building "tax credits “but then says we need to tax the rich to close a near 15-20 Trillion dollars added to the deficit in the next 10 years. I know you can't understand how that would affect business but it does not change the reality that people won't invest when they have no fucking clue what they will owe in taxes (one of their BIGGEST costs that produces ZEEEEROO)...

When was the last time you heard Obama offer any meaningful cuts? When Obama still talks about ending wars does it upset you that he is busy starting new wars?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back