Student loan debt can haunt you until you die

Sadly the whole problem has been caused by our federal government. By guaranteeing student loans without any standard for the type of degree and the potential income to service the loan.

this is scary!

The government regulations don't allow borrowers to be denied even if they don't have a viable plan to pay it back.

If a young person wants to borrow $100K to go to school for 5 years to become an expert in Lesbian Studies, the loan officer doesn't have the power to say "no, that's stupid".

Sadly the whole problem has been caused by our federal government. By guaranteeing student loans without any standard for the type of degree and the potential income to service the loan.
unrecoverable.. As soon as FedGov started loaning out money for college, the institution s started offering worthless degrees like hotcakes. And sky jacked their prices across the board.

Working as intended. Tell an entire generation they'll be losers if they don't get a 4-6 year degree and then convince them all to go into severe debt at the beginning of their adult lives.

Last edited:

Working as intended. Tell an entire generation they'll be losers if they don't get a 4-6 years degree and then convince them all to go into severe debt at the beginning of their adult lives.
Debt is the new slavery. Ones credit score is their bond.

Working as intended. Tell an entire generation they'll be losers if they don't get a 4-6 years degree and then convince them all to go into severe debt at the beginning of their adult lives.

Nothing "new" about it.

The good book discussed this, way back in the day.

"The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender."- Almighty God

Perform well in high school and get scholarships.....pays for a lot of tuition. This thread gives me zero reason to advise my grandkids not to go to college. None zero zippo. A great work ethic and willingness will not garner a high wage. That comes from a degree.

Perform well in high school and get scholarships.....pays for a lot of tuition. This thread gives me zero reason to advise my grandkids not to go to college. None zero zippo. A great work ethic and willingness will not garner a high wage. That comes from a degree.
Lol. You've never owned any businesses, or property I take it...

If someone is a lazy bum, they better have some pretty mean skills to qualify for a top wage regardless of what their degree is in. And if they wasted their misspent youths getting a degree in africana studies or german lesbian dance theatre, they better be able to show me a lot to show that they have seen the errors of their ways

Nothing "new" about it.

The good book discussed this, way back in the day.

"The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender."- Almighty God
Other than maybe war spending, overall government spending, and HC costs what has gone up faster than the cost of higher education?

Like so many sectors of our economy, higher education has become a scam and a fraud.

Forum List

Back