Student declared valedictorian despite actual grades

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Student declared valedictorian despite actual grades

(Olympia- SP) After a long battle within Richard J. Daley Memorial high school, Greg Christoire will be named valedictorian. This comes amid controversy after another student, Ross Dean, was determined twice to have a higher GPA: a third hand-perusal of scan-tron tests, exams, and nine instances of newly discovered extra-credit homework, gave Christoire the .0000000000026 grade point advantage he needed for the high school's top honors.

Several classmates, however, allege that he did not deserve many of the marks he received. "I am not saying he cheated on his tests, but how can they count the 'A' given by Mary K. LeTourneau? She never taught here! And the A+ from Mr. Kennedy? He died two years ago!" said the editor of the school paper, "The Logger."
Another student observed, "I saw a teacher write Christoire's name on two tests because she couldn't find who turned 'em in. 32 tests, with 30 students in the class? I may not be an A student, but..."

Although admitting these allegations were true, when asked about the erroneous grades and test results from teachers dead or in jail, the principal patted this reporter on the head and responded: "Look, the tests have been checked, double-checked and triple-checked under the eyes of dozens of teachers, janitors, Christoire's parents and their employees and friends. This is the most accurate grading we've ever had."

When asked how it could possibly matter how many times tests are graded which should never have been included in the first place, she replied: "Nobody has proved the valedictorian-select cheated. It was a close one, but there are no do-overs. So this idea that we only count proper scores by employed or living teachers is ludicrous, preposterous."

courtesy of http://www.soundpolitics.org/

:D

Im not sure im following how he is valedictorian despite actual grades if they are saying his GPA is a smidge higher.

I am curious, how did he get a grade from a dead teacher and a someone who doesnt go there? that does make things suspect.

Also why on earth are janitors grading tests?

Does sound a bit suspect. Nine instances of newly discovered extra credit? How is that possible?

It seems like they really wanted to give it to this other kid. why on earth did they? Whats the real story behind this? I mean why did they even try to hand calculate the GPA after Ross had a higher GPA both of the initial counts.

Regardless i think we may have a future Al Gore on our hands here. Recount till you win.

Im not sure im following how he is valedictorian despite actual grades if they are saying his GPA is a smidge higher.

I am curious, how did he get a grade from a dead teacher and a someone who doesnt go there? that does make things suspect.

Also why on earth are janitors grading tests?

Does sound a bit suspect. Nine instances of newly discovered extra credit? How is that possible?

It seems like they really wanted to give it to this other kid. why on earth did they? Whats the real story behind this? I mean why did they even try to hand calculate the GPA after Ross had a higher GPA both of the initial counts.

Regardless i think we may have a future Al Gore on our hands here. Recount till you win.

It's a joke...;)

Greg Christoire? - Christine Gregoire..
Dean Ross? - Dino Rossi. ;)

Forum List

Back