Struggling to survive

randyjohnson

Rookie
Sep 23, 2008
Because of George Bush, my parents are struggling to survive. My dad lost his weekly bonus at work and sometimes he's only able to work four days a week because of this recession.

I give my parents some money once a month but they're still struggling. My mom is having to use the little spending money she has to pay bills. They're barely able to make it.

If things get worse, my dad may be out of a job altogether and he may go under. Bush may have high hopes of getting us out of this recession but I have serious doubts.

Bush got us into this recession and many people like my dad are suffering. I doubt that John McCain can end this recession either.

Bush's dad also got us in a recession and it took a democrat to get us out of it. Republican Presidents tend to get us into recessions. Democrat Presidents don't.

President Hoover was a republican and he was the President when the Great Depression began. At the moment George Bush is as popular as Hoover and that's not very popular.

I doubt that McCain can do a better job than Bush. On November the 4th Obama is going to be my choice.

Attachments

• $SM-43998-3556_MEDIA_IMAGE_.jpg
    $SM-43998-3556_MEDIA_IMAGE_.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
So what you're saying is: you come from a bunch of snivelling whiners who are upset they don't have AS MUCH disposable income at the moment as hey would like to have.

there are real people, in the real every day world, that are in a much worse situation, than they were before president bush took office, that's a fact...and unlike what phil gramm has said and also in this thread, Americans work harder than the rest of the western world's workforce and are not whiners for no reason at all...

for the most part, when the going gets tough, the tough get going.... with Americans....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

randy....
times are tough now, but we will make it through it, including your parents randy...they may need more help from you now...maybe you need to get another part time job, to help them out more....after all, they have supported you for the last 18 years or so....

Things are not going to be much better for whoever takes over the presidency, our country is in a real mess financially and it is on a road to only getting worse for quite a while, unless there are some drastic changes where we all learn to live with less....

Care

Oh FFS!

He's moaning "struggling to survive" as if they're begging for stale bread when the body of the post reveals they just aren't spending as much on luxuries as they're used to.
he's a kid....i doubt he has ever voted before....he views things from this perspective....

though young, he still can recognize that his family has some real worries, which have been passed down to him, whether his parents meant to or not...

there is a place for compassion in this world that we live in you know?

Gas and heating oil has more than doubled in price the past few years, healthcare, even our share with employers paying the most has doubled in price the last 8 years, with less coverage too....unemployment is also up, illegal immigration is up which hurts us all, the average family makes less and buys less with the DOLLAR because of this administration's policy to DEVALUE it through low interest rates and borrowing and spending, more than doubling our history's cummilated national debt in just 8 years, the devaluation of homes making our borrowing power less, a shitty stock market...making our future retirement's and savings less....college costs have doubled, food prices are way up....we are bailing out crooks on wall street with his father's tax monies and this kids future tax monies....

There ARE valid things to bitch about....that's not whining, that's telling it like it is....imo.

Regardless, we are strong people and we will make it through this slump, as we always do...

Care

Last edited:
how do you know his father wasn't before his hours got cut and gasoline doubled etc? are you psychic?

"Weekly bonus"? For one thing, if you're figuring a "bonus" as part of your income, that's problem number one. A bonus should NEVER be counted on to pay bills, or make ends meet. It's extra income that could disappear at any time (as evidenced above). Calculating a bonus as part of your weekly income is not living within your means.

I fear that the economy might get worse too. But not so sure Obama's economic plan is the best we can get. Generally (Bush aside) Republicans are better with the economy then republicans with few exceptions. Clinton did ok but he was more conservative then Obama.

Honestly I think our focus should be the economy!

how do you know his father wasn't before his hours got cut and gasoline doubled etc? are you psychic?

Are you really going to fight over a post from some anon poster's sob story...a poster who has only posted two times on this board. I wouldn't get to worked up Care...you are probably getting played.

I fear that the economy might get worse too. But not so sure Obama's economic plan is the best we can get. Generally (Bush aside) Republicans are better with the economy then republicans with few exceptions. Clinton did ok but he was more conservative then Obama.

Honestly I think our focus should be the economy!
actually and generally, through our history as witness, republicans do worse with the economy than Democrats have done....it is only a facade that Republicans do better with it....they just don't....and maybe there is a thousand legitimate reasons for such, but this is where the chips have fallen....especially in recent history.

Care

actually and generally, through our history as witness, republicans do worse with the economy than Democrats have done....it is only a facade that Republicans do better with it....they just don't....and maybe there is a thousand legitimate reasons for such, but this is where the chips have fallen....especially in recent history.

Care

Really? I'm doing better than I was when Clinton was in office...

*shrug*

"Weekly bonus"? For one thing, if you're figuring a "bonus" as part of your income, that's problem number one. A bonus should NEVER be counted on to pay bills, or make ends meet. It's extra income that could disappear at any time (as evidenced above). Calculating a bonus as part of your weekly income is not living within your means.
you don't know that about his weekly bonus or weekly commission, again, you are speculating...and if you get a weekly commission and get such for over a year in the job and continue with that job, commision or weekly bonus is counted as part of one's salary, even when applying for a conventional mortgage.

you may be correct in your negative assumptions, but you may also be wrong, you have no way of knowing....???

you don't know that about his weekly bonus or weekly commission, again, you are speculating...and if you get a weekly commission and get such for over a year in the job and continue with that job, commision or weekly bonus is counted as part of one's salary, even when applying for a conventional mortgage.

you may be correct in your negative assumptions, but you may also be wrong, you have no way of knowing....???

Have it your way, but if you're going to count it, then don't whine when you lose it and you have to "struggle" to make ends meet. I, personally, wouldn't put that as part of my income on a mortgage application. That's just plain stupid. And even if you DO put it down, nobody FORCES you to spend that much money.

I've had good days and bad days for over 50 years now. I don't give credit or assign blame to any president for any of it. Some clichés really need to die.

Because of George Bush, my parents are struggling to survive. My dad lost his weekly bonus at work and sometimes he's only able to work four days a week because of this recession.

I give my parents some money once a month but they're still struggling. My mom is having to use the little spending money she has to pay bills. They're barely able to make it.

If things get worse, my dad may be out of a job altogether and he may go under. Bush may have high hopes of getting us out of this recession but I have serious doubts.

Bush got us into this recession and many people like my dad are suffering. I doubt that John McCain can end this recession either.

Bush's dad also got us in a recession and it took a democrat to get us out of it. Republican Presidents tend to get us into recessions. Democrat Presidents don't.

President Hoover was a republican and he was the President when the Great Depression began. At the moment George Bush is as popular as Hoover and that's not very popular.

I doubt that McCain can do a better job than Bush. On November the 4th Obama is going to be my choice.

I see a political opinion and some reasons that back it up...

Is this not why are we here?

-Joe

I've had good days and bad days for over 50 years now. I don't give credit or assign blame to any president for any of it. Some clichés really need to die.

my guess, is that he is about 15 or 16.....and picks up his feelings on this from his parents...i doubt that you and how you have lived your ups and downs thru the decades will make any impact on him or that you will change his mind....on how he sees it. ;)

Forum List

Back