Struggling On $174,000 A Year

$174K is just his salary, it doesn't include his bennies.

It was just a week or two ago that the rightwingers were melting down over how rich teachers are in Wisconsin.

Lie

It's was about breaking the state budget.

Lie

Bargaining rights have nothing to do with the budget

Then you lack the education to add 1+1

First, collective bargaining is not a right.

and when unions bargain with dems, and WI was a nest of dem control for decades, they are bargaining with someone they helped to get elected. In other words they are not bargaining in good faith. And it got to the point that the state was deep deep in debt and the union slugs didn't want to do thier part to help.

I hope that gets through, I typed as slow as I could.

....Rep. Sean Duffy as out of touch after the lawmaker--and former Real World cast member--claimed to be struggling on his $174,000 a year salary

Dems excoriate Rep. Sean Duffy for ‘struggle’ on Congressional salary - Yahoo! News

From your own article:

But OpenSecrets deems Duffy's minimum net worth at $-837,984 and his maximum net worth at $2,995. Duffy's personal financial disclosure statement filed in May 2010 revealed he and his wife, author Rachel Campos-Duffy, earned $154,000 in 2009 and in the first half of 2010, Duffy and his wife reported earning $35,200. His reported liabilities total between $430,005 to $950,000. Duffy is due to file his next financial disclosure in May of this year.

Duffy has made personal belt-tightening moves in Washington. He's one of several members who have decided to sleep in their offices--a decision he said was based on cost, but also helps prompt him to be at home in Wisconsin.

Sounds like he is struggling to me.

Did you just feel a need to post a thread that had to do with class warfare or is this about personal feelings of class envy?

Lie

Lie

Yep considering that they pass that without a quorum which means it had NO EFFECT on the budget. But republicans are full of lies, its to cover up their true agenda to destroy the american dream.

When people talk about you, with you around, do they refer to you as thier "Handicapable freind"?

Republicans will defend ANYTHING their toolie politicians do.

and Democrats dont?......

No, not to the extend that the right does. The right operates in lock step. Do you not remember the Bush years? Did you EVER hear the likes of O'Reilly, Limbaugh or Hannity questioning a THING that Bush did?

Tune into progressive radio for a day...they bash the current President as much as the right does for goodness sake.

oh ok....not to the extent that the right does.......the key Statement......they do it, BUT just not as bad....kinda like one of the Far Lefties here who made the Statement...."the left fucks us just like the right....but they do it Covertly"......so to him that made it all right cause we dont know about it......and i have tuned into ..."Progressive Radio".....and tuned it right out.....they aint no fucking different.....

....Rep. Sean Duffy as out of touch after the lawmaker--and former Real World cast member--claimed to be struggling on his $174,000 a year salary

Dems excoriate Rep. Sean Duffy for ‘struggle’ on Congressional salary - Yahoo! News

From your own article:

But OpenSecrets deems Duffy's minimum net worth at $-837,984 and his maximum net worth at $2,995. Duffy's personal financial disclosure statement filed in May 2010 revealed he and his wife, author Rachel Campos-Duffy, earned $154,000 in 2009 and in the first half of 2010, Duffy and his wife reported earning $35,200. His reported liabilities total between $430,005 to $950,000. Duffy is due to file his next financial disclosure in May of this year.

Duffy has made personal belt-tightening moves in Washington. He's one of several members who have decided to sleep in their offices--a decision he said was based on cost, but also helps prompt him to be at home in Wisconsin.

Did you just feel a need to post a thread that had to do with class warfare or is this about personal feelings of class envy?

Off hand, anyone that can't pay his bills making $174K should be mocked.

but for goose it's politics.

One-Fifth of House Freshmen Sleep in Offices - CBS Evening News - CBS News

THE LIST

Freshmen Members of the U.S. House of Representatives sleeping in their Washington, D.C., offices:

Republicans (19)
Steve Chabot (OH-1st), 58
Sean Duffy (WI-7th), 39
Stephen Fincher (TN-8th), 37
Chris Gibson (NY-20), 46
Tim Griffin (AR-2nd), 42
Paul Gosar (AZ-1st), 52
Trey Gowdy (SC-4th), 46
Morgan Griffith (VA-9th), 52
Richard Hanna (NY-24), 59
Joe Heck (NV-3rd), 49
Bill Huizenga (MI-2nd), 41
Bill Johnson (OH-6th), 56
James Lankford (OK-5th), 42
Patrick Meehan (PA-7th), 55
Todd Rokita (IN-4th), 40
Steve Stivers (OH-15th), 45
Joe Walsh (IL-8th), 49
Todd Young (IN-9th), 38
Tim Walberg (MI-7th), 59

Democrats (2)
John Carney (DE-At large), 54
Hansen Clarke (MI-13th), 53

So much for the two house theory.

He does have two houses...but one is a vacation home. The more that comes out about this guy the more of a fucktard he appears to be:
Here's a rundown of Duffy's finances, from the 2009 disclosure form he had to file with the government: his family of 7 (wife plus six kids) is carrying between $250,000 and $500,000 in mortgage debt; between $50,000-$100,000 in student loans; between $15,000-$50,000 in credit card debt; and between $100,000-$250,000 in debt related to the family vacation home, a cabin not too far from his primary residence in Wisconsin.
So How Rich Is Sean Duffy? Not Very...For A Congressman | TPMDC

Why is this Republican buying a vacation home if he still owes between 50,000 and 100,000 in government underwritten student loans???

People who obsess over how much $$ others make,really are miserable Losers. Losers will always hate Winners. It has been that way long long before there ever was a United States. The Democrats just exploit this reality. So you're never gonna get through to a bitter Loser. Don't even try. They love to wallow in their Loserdom. It's all about blaming everyone else for them being Losers. But please keep in mind Losers,without the Winners you would all be much worse off. Who do you think pays for your Welfare? Just something for you Losers to chew on next time you start whining about the "Evil" Rich. You actually need the Rich. You're just too ignorant to understand this.

Couldn't agree more. If the people obsessing about what others have were to put as much effort into bettering themselves they might be surprised what might be accomplished.

It's just easier for them to blame others for their own failures than it is to do what it takes to be successful. Some folks grow out of it, the rest remain liberals for life.

Yea the Democratic Party just exploits these miserable Losers. Most Losers hate Winners. They have to blame someone for them being such Losers. Why not the "Evil" Rich? They don't even underatnd how much they actually need the "Evil" Rich. Who do these people think pays for their endless Welfare?...The Welfare Fairy? These people really are very ignorant and the Democrats love that. No one should be constantly obsessing over how much $$ others make. That's just so stupid and a huge waste of time. But the Democrats need these people therefore they have to constantly incite. It is very sad but it is what it is.

People who obsess over how much $$ others make,really are miserable Losers. Losers will always hate Winners. It has been that way long long before there ever was a United States. The Democrats just exploit this reality. So you're never gonna get through to a bitter Loser. Don't even try. They love to wallow in their Loserdom. It's all about blaming everyone else for them being Losers. But please keep in mind Losers,without the Winners you would all be much worse off. Who do you think pays for your Welfare? Just something for you Losers to chew on next time you start whining about the "Evil" Rich. You actually need the Rich. You're just too ignorant to understand this.

Couldn't agree more. If the people obsessing about what others have were to put as much effort into bettering themselves they might be surprised what might be accomplished.

It's just easier for them to blame others for their own failures than it is to do what it takes to be successful. Some folks grow out of it, the rest remain liberals for life.

You sound the GOP'ers that are insanely jealous of what the school teachers and garbage collectors earn. Why don't you apply that anger towards making a living and see what you can accomplish. But I'm betting that it won't be much. :eusa_whistle:

Yea the Democratic Party just exploits these miserable Losers. Most Losers hate Winners. They have to blame someone for them being such Losers. Why not the "Evil" Rich? They don't even underatnd how much they actually need the "Evil" Rich. Who do these people think pays for their endless Welfare?...The Welfare Fairy? These people really are very ignorant and the Democrats love that. No one should be constantly obsessing over how much $$ others make. That's just so stupid and a huge waste of time. But the Democrats need these people therefore they have to constantly incite. It is very sad but it is what it is.

Now apply what you just said to your insane jealousy of what school teachers and garbage collectors earn.

Lie

Lie

and when unions bargain with dems, and WI was a nest of dem control for decades, they are bargaining with someone they helped to get elected. In other words they are not bargaining in good faith. And it got to the point that the state was deep deep in debt and the union slugs didn't want to do thier part to help.

Sure it is.

It's as much a right as lobbying and spending money on campaigns. All part of free speech.

From your own article:

Assumed office
January 3, 2011

:cuckoo:

That is VERY true, SW.

WE also see this playing on this aboard, too.

Although it is fairly clear from perspective of this boards self proclaiming conservatives I must be a leftie, I'm on record here faulting OBAMA pretty much every day.

I cannot think of any conservative on this board who is remotely as critical of the GOP as I am of the DNC.

so what Ed....Dean and Sangha think im a Far Right Winger because i disagree with them.....Pubis Infintium and Namvet called me a libturd asswipe because i disagreed with them......and i see many here who are considered Conservatives who have Criticized the GOP many a time.....and i know dam well you have seen it too....Meister,Quantum Windbag....2 that come to mind.....

You sound the GOP'ers that are insanely jealous of what the school teachers and garbage collectors earn. Why don't you apply that anger towards making a living and see what you can accomplish. But I'm betting that it won't be much. :eusa_whistle:

Aw, someone pissed in goosies gravy train.

Lie

Sure it is.

It's as much a right as lobbying and spending money on campaigns. All part of free speech.

It's not free speech when it negativly affects others.

Lemme be more specific, since you missed ravis troll and run post

This is about the public unions in WI. were a little off topic.

If this was twistable into free speech, it would require the individual to do so on his part for him.

From your own article:

Assumed office
January 3, 2011

okaay

If he was making less, and still built up that much debt, then publically cried about it....

Then let the mocking commence.

Sure it is.

It's not free speech when it negativly affects others.

Lemme be more specific, since you missed ravis troll and run post

This is about the public unions in WI. were a little off topic.

If this was twistable into free speech, it would require the individual to do so on his part for him.

I think you are making an arguement for campaign finance reform. Heres the thing tho, if we did that then I want to know more about how advertising on various platforms would be paid for by us or would the tv stations kick in together already. I dunno but I think it could be done.

*edit* Free speech is free speech even when it negativly affects others. What else would it be?

Last edited:

but we dont need the Rich to kick the poor in the teeth......and we dont need the Rich getting Richer by FUCKING the hell out of the poor.....and please...dont tell me that this doesnt happen....

Assumed office
January 3, 2011

okaay

If he was making less, and still built up that much debt, then publically cried about it....

Then let the mocking commence.

A lot of people have accumulated a lot of debt in the last two years. I don't know the break down. No one has broken out his financial records. I'm just pointing out that the salary that everyone is discussing is income just recently obtained.

Winners don't obsess over how much $$ others make. Only miserable Losers do that. The Democrats have been exploiting these Losers for many many years. It's always someone else's fault they're such Losers. These people are almost always Democrats,if they even bother to Vote. So if you're sitting around whining about how much $$ others make,you really are a pathetic Loser. And there is no Welfare Fairy either. Other Citizens actually pay for your endless Welfare. It's not free for them. So just quit ya bitchin and become a Winner. Try it.

Forum List

Back