Strike for $15.00 an hour, Sub shop fires everybody

They are taking all of the financial risks.
That is THEIR job.

And they should be compensated FAIRLY for it.

43% of the wealth is not "fair" distribution. It's also kind of stupid, like what a third world country does.

Newsflash....The concept of 'fair' is so vague, it is impossible to define. It is a useless term.
The concept of wealth distribution or wealth inequality as it's being spun, is pure fallacy. The idea presupposes the notion that income and wealth must be equal. That we know is also impossible.And the argument that income and wealth can "be made more fair or equal, unless our government becomes totalitarian in function, is impossible.
I have no idea where this dream of income equality or wealth distribution comes from.
The system we have while not perfect, is the best in the world. The capitalist system 'does the best for the most'..
Like it or not we are all capitalists. We all want more for our labor and efforts.
Your greed for larger wages and compensation is no different than the business owner that wants his profit margin to be as large as possible and permissible.
Deal with THAT.

"wealth inequality" and "distribution" are the currently popular buzzwords of the progressive contingent that seeks to sow discontent and division among the constituency. Gotta have some demons to be hatin' on.

[

Newsflash....The concept of 'fair' is so vague, it is impossible to define. It is a useless term.
The concept of wealth distribution or wealth inequality as it's being spun, is pure fallacy. The idea presupposes the notion that income and wealth must be equal. That we know is also impossible.And the argument that income and wealth can "be made more fair or equal, unless our government becomes totalitarian in function, is impossible.
I have no idea where this dream of income equality or wealth distribution comes from.
The system we have while not perfect, is the best in the world. The capitalist system 'does the best for the most'..
Like it or not we are all capitalists. We all want more for our labor and efforts.
Your greed for larger wages and compensation is no different than the business owner that wants his profit margin to be as large as possible and permissible.
Deal with THAT.

Most people have a pretty good bead on what's fair.

The real reason why most people aren't more outraged is because they have no idea how inequally wealth is distributed in this country.

Some of us are smart enough to understand that wealth (the amount of money you have)isn't the only measuring stick for happiness. Sometimes I almost feel sorry that you are so unhappy. It must suck, living your life.

Fuck off! I'm done with the liberal victim BS you spew.

scared-dog.png

Yes, do scamper off with your tail between your legs...

That photo actually more accurately depicts a liberal parasite, ready to bite the hand that feeds it.

[

I have a couple "union labor sucks" stories..
For a short time I actually worked in union paint shop.
We were working in building that was being remodeled.
During one week, we had two snow storms which made commuting a chore. Not a lot of work got done that week. Finally we were able to get things going again.
Anyway, we wanted to catch up. So my foreman went to the electrical foreman and asked if we could stay past 3:30..Yeah, can ya believe that. The work day ended at 3 freakin thrity..The electrician's foreman first said no. Then he said he would ask one of his guys to stay and turn off the lights when we were through. Imagine that! You needed an electrician to flip a couple switches...Our company would have to pay 4 hours at time and a half so the "switch flipper" could sit on his ass and read the comics, just so he could flip a fuckin switch. Our foreman said forget it.
I worked at a data communications company. we did it all. We ran cable set up computer networks, etc. We got a contract to work at the Asbury Park( NJ) Press building. Now as many people know, newspaper people in the northeast are represented by a number of unions. so this is a "union" building. We were non union.
The rules we had to follow were frightening.
We could pull cable to the doorway of the 'telephone room'. Because we were non union, we could not enter the room. We had to drop the cabling out side the room. And on the other end, we could bring all the cables to the location of the main frame and the terminals, but could not do the terminations. We could set the terminals but, now get this, we were not allowed to remove the terminals from their respective cartons. The dock workers had to do that. And if they were not around, oh don't dare go get one. They would flip out. "I'll get there when I get there"...These jagoffs were always out to lunch or on their union mandated coffee break.
UGH....Yep..Unions SUCK ....Sideways.

Well, you know what, I've seen the OTHER extreme, where people were penalized for refusing to do work they were not qualified to do.

I've saw a guy who was not given a decent raise because he didn't want to drive a truck when he was hired to be a warehouseman. He wasn't qualified to drive a truck and should never have been asked to do it.

I've seen a co-worker fired because she brought her life-partner to the Company holiday party. Oh, yeah, her life partner happened to be a woman who wore a suit.

I personally got put into a position set to eliminate itself because I ran up too many medical bills.

Now, would you get an argument from me that some unions abuse the union privilage? Nope. I've seen that, too.

But frankly, I'd take the side of working folks over management in most cases.

Tissue?

[

The real reason why most people aren't more outraged is because they have no idea how inequally wealth is distributed in this country.

Some of us are smart enough to understand that wealth (the amount of money you have)isn't the only measuring stick for happiness. Sometimes I almost feel sorry that you are so unhappy. It must suck, living your life.

And once again, unable to really defend your own position, you want to make the topic about me, a person you have never met and know nothing about.

Frankly, guy, I can understand your position. The 1%ers don't want you to have a fair share, but man, they want you to be able to feel superior to someone... so let's keep a certain portion of the population poor.

[

Well, you know what, I've seen the OTHER extreme, where people were penalized for refusing to do work they were not qualified to do.

I've saw a guy who was not given a decent raise because he didn't want to drive a truck when he was hired to be a warehouseman. He wasn't qualified to drive a truck and should never have been asked to do it.

I've seen a co-worker fired because she brought her life-partner to the Company holiday party. Oh, yeah, her life partner happened to be a woman who wore a suit.

I personally got put into a position set to eliminate itself because I ran up too many medical bills.

Now, would you get an argument from me that some unions abuse the union privilage? Nope. I've seen that, too.

But frankly, I'd take the side of working folks over management in most cases.

Tissue?

Inability to comprehend the point? NOted.

Again, if an employee is truly worthless in a union shop, the other union guys usually take care of that, because they don't want to carry a knob, either.

[

And once again, unable to really defend your own position, you want to make the topic about me, a person you have never met and know nothing about.

Pot kettle there, Boy.

You broad brush everyone and then you take offense when someone does it to you.

Frankly, guy, I can understand your position. The 1%ers don't want you to have a fair share, but man, they want you to be able to feel superior to someone... so let's keep a certain portion of the population poor.

No one has ever stopped me. you or anyone else for that matter from making more money.

Forum List

Back