Strawberry Pie!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
IMG_7202-1.jpg

I've been looking for a recipe ever since we tried some strawberry pie at a local diner in Lancaster, PA.

This is awesome. Great dessert for a BBQ or anytime. Add some fresh whipped cream and double your pleasure. Ladies, if you make this for your husband or boyfriend, you'll have him eating out of your hand.
Here's the recipe if you want to make your own:

Strawberry Pie Recipe - Allrecipes.com

You can thank me later.

Looks faboo.

Mr. boe's favorite is strawberry shortcake (with homemade shortcake). I use a cream biscuit recipe and bake it in a round cake pan. Delish!

Looks faboo.

Mr. boe's favorite is strawberry shortcake (with homemade shortcake). I use a cream biscuit recipe and bake it in a round cake pan. Delish!

Well that sounds fantastic! If you have a recipe that you wouldn't mind sharing, I'd appreciate it.

I use the Cream Biscuit recipe from the Fannie Farmer Cookbook (which is a great all purpose cookbook, btw). But any cream biscuit recipe will work. The important thing is to use real butter and whole cream.

Just give me strawberries covered with some sugar and put it in a cup. That's what I had last night. Tonight it is freshly picked Indiana raspberries.

Just give me strawberries covered with some sugar and put it in a cup. That's what I had last night. Tonight it is freshly picked Indiana raspberries.[/QUOTE

Oooooooooooooo!

Raspberries.....

Love 'em more than strawberries!

Strawberry Pie, in addition to being delicious, has the added advantage of being the lowest in calories and only moderate in fat. Lemon Meringue Pie is my fave, coming in second for low calorie count. Pecan Pie, *yum* the highest fat and calorie count, of them all. :)

Strawberry Pie, in addition to being delicious, has the added advantage of being the lowest in calories and only moderate in fat. Lemon Meringue Pie is my fave, coming in second for low calorie count. Pecan Pie, *yum* the highest fat and calorie count, of them all. :)

"... the lowest in calories and only moderate in fat. ..."

Athena....could you watch your language! We try to avoid the "c" word....

...just got back from the gym.

I use the Cream Biscuit recipe from the Fannie Farmer Cookbook (which is a great all purpose cookbook, btw). But any cream biscuit recipe will work. The important thing is to use real butter and whole cream.

I have the Fannie Farmer Cookbook! I'll check it out. Thanks.

Forum List

Back