Stranger Things Season 2 (Netflix show)

The second season was so full of tropes and stereotypes, I was gagging. Even the costumes and makeup are laughable. This is also the shallowest one dimensional collection of characters I have ever seen.

I had to keep my opinions to myself, though, because my daughter is crazy about the series.

Definitely a kids show. Not for grownups.

It seems they also went out of their way to make Millie Bobby Brown reminiscent of Natalie Portman at that age.

I thought season 2 was not as good as 1, but still very fun to watch. It should have either been longer, or removed some unnecessary elements; the entire sequence with 8, in particular, seemed like a forced introduction for later seasons.

Yes, the show goes too far in using various 80s themes and tropes. Still, that is part of the charm. It's a hodgepodge of various 80s movies that I can look back on fondly, even if they don't all stand the test of time well.

I disagree that this is a show for children. I think this is more a show for adults who want to try to recapture some of the feel of being a child.

Hopefully season 3 will concern itself more with good storytelling than just putting as many different 80s references as possible into the show. :lol:

I was happy to see Paul Reiser able to remain a good guy. His role reminded me of Aliens, and I was afraid he would turn out to be secretly an ass, but this felt almost like a redemption role, allowing him to sort of work for the bad guys yet remain good. :)

I thought season 2 was not as good as 1, but still very fun to watch. It should have either been longer, or removed some unnecessary elements; the entire sequence with 8, in particular, seemed like a forced introduction for later seasons.

Yes, the show goes too far in using various 80s themes and tropes. Still, that is part of the charm. It's a hodgepodge of various 80s movies that I can look back on fondly, even if they don't all stand the test of time well.

I disagree that this is a show for children. I think this is more a show for adults who want to try to recapture some of the feel of being a child.

Hopefully season 3 will concern itself more with good storytelling than just putting as many different 80s references as possible into the show. :lol:

I was happy to see Paul Reiser able to remain a good guy. His role reminded me of Aliens, and I was afraid he would turn out to be secretly an ass, but this felt almost like a redemption role, allowing him to sort of work for the bad guys yet remain good. :)

Agreed. The one big complaint that people seem to have with the show is episode 7, which I won't spoil. Basically, episode 6 ends with an awesome cliffhanger, then we have to sit through episode 7 before getting back to the main story in episode 8.

There were parts of episode 7 that I liked, but it did feel like they spent way too much time on this side story, which some people suspect is setting up a spin off show. Either way, episode 7 wasn't bad enough to ruin the show for me.

Whether he loses his job or not remains to be seen, but the show wouldn't fold as a result of this incident.

'Stranger Things' Star Charlie Heaton Busted with Cocaine at LAX

He is a pretty important part of the show, but laws are for the peasants. For a hit show, lawyers for the Corp, probably already have him back in the country.

Hollywood didn’t give a shit about sexual harassment until recently, they don’t give a damn about drug use.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I thought it was pretty damn good sophomore season. The CGIs on the monsters and visual backgrounds were amazing. I absolutely love they it is set in the 80s.

The new casting was great. Finally pick a bully with muscle. For some reason they always pick tiny bully’s who could intimidate a fly.

Whether he loses his job or not remains to be seen, but the show wouldn't fold as a result of this incident.

'Stranger Things' Star Charlie Heaton Busted with Cocaine at LAX

He is a pretty important part of the show, but laws are for the peasants. For a hit show, lawyers for the Corp, probably already have him back in the country.

Hollywood didn’t give a shit about sexual harassment until recently, they don’t give a damn about drug use.

The show has been sucking in season 2. Maybe Charlie Heaton's character gets offed to improve the show or his character gets abducted and transformed. And Jim Hopper's character has turned stupid in season 2. Dr. Owens is rising as an interesting star instead. Even Bob seemed more like a macho hero instead of the Sheriff. The Sheriff should not have let Bob been killed. The show should not have Sean Astin been killed. I hate the Sheriff's weak stupid arse. He should've been the one to have his face or appendage ripped off. Give me the 80s until I puke instead of the Sheriff. I would love to see Eleven vs the Sheriff in season 3.

Last edited:
I actually thought season 2 was slightly better than season 1. In S1, I felt it spent a lot of time developing the characters and less time on the actual story plot. It's was good but not great. In S2, the action is popping faster and the story line is more fleshed out. Also, in S1, Eleven is almost like an alien, not very humanistic. In S2, her character is more developed and you kind of get to see her human side.

It's funny how people seem to think this is only appealing if you grew up in the 80s. The writers point out that it's extremely popular with millennials who weren't even born in the 80s. My daughter thinks it's because of a nostalgia or longing for the time before the 90s when everything became electronic and digital. It's kind of like how my generation (grew up in the 60s) had a fixation on the 50s.

I actually thought season 2 was slightly better than season 1. In S1, I felt it spent a lot of time developing the characters and less time on the actual story plot. It's was good but not great. In S2, the action is popping faster and the story line is more fleshed out. Also, in S1, Eleven is almost like an alien, not very humanistic. In S2, her character is more developed and you kind of get to see her human side.

It's funny how people seem to think this is only appealing if you grew up in the 80s. The writers point out that it's extremely popular with millennials who weren't even born in the 80s. My daughter thinks it's because of a nostalgia or longing for the time before the 90s when everything became electronic and digital. It's kind of like how my generation (grew up in the 60s) had a fixation on the 50s.

There are things about season 2 that I think are better than season 1. But I liked the pacing of season 1 more.

The 80s was part of the hook to lure you in, but the easter eggs are getting tiring. Season 2 seemed fake to me. First, was the complaint about it becoming a kiddie show. Then, it went off course because of the sheriff going weird for whatever reason we do not know. Then when it starts getting interesting again, it goes off to Chicago and back. The big question is believing in the parallel universe or another dimension. I'm getting into The Mist now. You can't beat a great movie, so I wonder how long it will last.

Forum List

Back