Strange hits another person child because she was crying!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
This guy is lucky that wasn't my kid he slapped, because he would be in the fuck morg!

While I do think parents do have a duty try to keep there kids in line and not bothering the people around them (esp in a restaurant), many times it is, but sometimes its not possible! If it happens in a restaurant I usually take my child outside to calm them down.

However, no stranger has the right to lay a hand on someones child. If someone did that they better be prepared for a bloody fight! The arrogance of some people really pisses me off. That this guy was SOOOO discomforted because a child was crying in a store that he thought he had to assault a 2 year! What an asshole! People toss the book at him!

Stranger Allegedly Slaps Crying Toddler in Store to 'Shut Her Up' - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. — Police say a 61-year-old man annoyed with a crying 2-year-old girl at a Walmart slapped the child several times after warning the toddler's mother to keep her quiet.

A police report says after the stranger hit the girl at least four times, he said: "See, I told you I would shut her up."

Roger Stephens is charged with felony cruelty to children. It was unclear if he had an attorney and a telephone call to his home Wednesday was unanswered.

Authorities say the girl and her mother were shopping Monday when the toddler began crying. The police report says Stephens approached the mother and said, "If you don't shut that baby up, I will shut her up for you."

He would have been drinking his dinner from a straw for the rest of his life if that was my child.

That is pretty low class... I am that unlucky guy that sits just in front of the crying child on an airplane trip... It's happened pretty often. Just grin and bear it.

Too bad dad or grandpa wasn't around to retaliate. Then again, he was 65...the mom could have probably kicked his arse. I woulda.....

o hell no...this guy should be jailed for this...what kinda punk ass slaps a damn 2 yr old..

dog babies cry on planes cause of the air pressure changes...poor little things...

If this happened at Wal-Mart then there should be video of the incident. Whether the man slapped the child or not, he's still innocent until proven guilty. What gets me is the story says the man allegedly slapped the child four times, makes me wonder what the mother was doing. The story doesn't say if she tried to stop the man or if she just accepted his help without question.

Earplugs folks

If you dont think to bring them then its your own fault if you are so ununderstanding in a public place that you will lose your mind.

That is pretty low class... I am that unlucky guy that sits just in front of the crying child on an airplane trip... It's happened pretty often. Just grin and bear it.

Trust me its embarrassing for the parent and most try desperately to calm their children. My first is very calm and we though he wouldn't be bad on his first airplane. We were wrong. He was sitting in his seat smiling and loving it, saying I go in Plane. Then the plane took off and he freaked out! Crying that he wanted to get off! Then his ears hurt and he cried about that. I did what I could, but it was the longest 1 hr flight (only to KC) that I have ever been on!

What gets me is the story says the man allegedly slapped the child four times, makes me wonder what the mother was doing. The story doesn't say if she tried to stop the man or if she just accepted his help without question.

You know I thought that was strange also, because he a small women could shield her child and bring her child to safety!

if it's not my kid, i've always found crying babies pretty easy to ignore.
i flew boston to LA one time and there was a toddler in the seat across the aisle from me that cried the whole way. i felt bad for the kid and its parents; then i went to sleep. *shrug*

and why did he get 2 to 4 smacks in...been my baby...first slap would be the last one
He wouldn't have got the first slap in. I got pretty good at deflecting hits when I worked with men with dementia. And if he did he sure as hell would not have got anymore.
Never under estimate the power of a mother.
The other night my son kept crying because he had a headache from slamming his head into a table earlier, I just took him outside and then ended up leaving because he obviously wasn't feeling well.

I pity the fool who thinks he can get away with laying a hand on my kids.

That said, I would've shut my kid up myself.

She was too noisy, porcupine!

oldmoe75.jpg

if it's not my kid, i've always found crying babies pretty easy to ignore.
i flew boston to LA one time and there was a toddler in the seat across the aisle from me that cried the whole way. i felt bad for the kid and its parents; then i went to sleep. *shrug*

You know sometimes little ones have teriffic earaches on airplanes cause their tubes are so small. they can't tell anybody something is wrong except by crying. My sister arrived once and her baby's eardrum had ruptured.

I don't agree with people hitting other people's kids. But the problem nowadays and that too many people allow their kids to act like brats in public. When I was a kid I wouldn't even have dared to act up in public. I love kids but it gets on my nerves when people's kids are running around the store,screaming making noise and they just stand their doing their shopping without saying a word to their kid.

Forum List

Back