Strange Breathing From Dog?

I think the dog is a border collie, but I've never seen a pic so who knows.

A new breathing issue...I think I might have that vet checked.

^yeah he's a Border, and from all the videos I have seen, its definately a reverse sneeze. Apparently its nothing to worry about. It might be the weather irritating his nose and throat.

Noomi wrote: It might be the weather irritating his nose and throat.

Dat's right, it's springtime in Australia...

... might be pollen or allergies causin' it...

... might help to give him a bath & haircut.
:cool:
BTW, Dave Letterman had a sneezin' monkey...

... on his show a while back...

... Is it kinda like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
When Cooper is relaxing, usually after he's had a good play in the backyard, he starts to breath heavily, kind of like he's got snot in his nose. That's what it sounds like, anyway. He exhales very deeply and makes these strange snorting noses in his throat.

He does it all the time now, he seems fine but I wonder if he's actually sick, or has some form of doggy asthma?

Anyone know what might be wrong?

He might possibly be overheating. Dogs pant to cool off. Sometimes some can sound pretty bad.

When Cooper is relaxing, usually after he's had a good play in the backyard, he starts to breath heavily, kind of like he's got snot in his nose. That's what it sounds like, anyway. He exhales very deeply and makes these strange snorting noses in his throat.

He does it all the time now, he seems fine but I wonder if he's actually sick, or has some form of doggy asthma?

Anyone know what might be wrong?

I had a cat that did that, was diagnosed with a tumor in his nasal cavity, (inoperable). Later he sneezed a LOT. I think Cooper needs to see a vet

it is always hard to tell......clark was losing hair on both of his sides.....i couldnt figure it out....nothing on his skin....just missing big clumps of hair.....i was watching him come in the slider when the dobie....reaches over and just pulls out a clump of clarks hair.....mystery solved.....now how much would it have taken at the vets to rule everything out?

not always....they will pant hard when they are having a heart attack.....i learned that the hard way......he died on the way to the vet....

not always....they will pant hard when they are having a heart attack.....i learned that the hard way......he died on the way to the vet....

Yup..I was going to say it can be a symptom of heart issues...but since there's not much to do about it, what's the point of terrifying everyone.

Klaus got out the other day and ran and ran and ran...and then panted and panted and panted for a good hour after he got back, I was worried about his ticker. Saints are genetically predisposed for bad hearts. He's never had an issue but I was pretty worried. Eventually he quit...

it is always hard to tell......clark was losing hair on both of his sides.....i couldnt figure it out....nothing on his skin....just missing big clumps of hair.....i was watching him come in the slider when the dobie....reaches over and just pulls out a clump of clarks hair.....mystery solved.....now how much would it have taken at the vets to rule everything out?

LOL! Life at your house kind of sounds like life at my house. : )

Panting, heavy breathing, etc. is a different issue from reverse sneezing.

I would suggest going to the vet if you are in doubt. I have twelve animals, five dogs and seven cats, so over the years I have amassed a fair amount of knowledge about various ailments and injuries. The reason I know about reverse sneezing is I've had a couple of dogs do it. Now I know. Until you know for yourself through experience how to recognize it, by all means go to the vet.

Forum List

Back