Stossel- Stupid in America

pb-110920-wave-rs.photoblog900.jpg

Hey look at me!!!!

Very compelling arguement for the abolishment of public school. I used to think we could just fix our schools, but now I say its time to just get rid of them. Its time to let people opt out of a public school and instead recieve a voucher to pay for a private school.

Fear fear fear fear fear fear.

Fear fear fear, fear fear.

Fear fear fear fear ( fear fear fear) fear.

Is that all you have?

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid

Stupid stupid stupid, stupid stupid.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid (stupid stupid stupid)

Is that all you have?

Very compelling arguement for the abolishment of public school. I used to think we could just fix our schools, but now I say its time to just get rid of them. Its time to let people opt out of a public school and instead recieve a voucher to pay for a private school.
Private schools have much a higher quality..........of drugs.

One of the main issues I have in the whole public education discussion is the basic defintion of "a good education".

I have been at public forums where people will use this term and I have asked what that means. I often get told "if you don't know, then you didn't get one." Which, of course really annoys me.

So, I come back to:

What is a good education.

How will we know it if we are giving it.

How will we know if children are getting it.

Speaking of stupid?

Look at this prominent GOPer's SAT scores.

Sarah Palin's SAT Scores? [PIC]

Now back in the early 60's an 841 combined SAT score was considered pretty damned weak.

How weak?

Bottom 30+% of all kids taking that test.

And THIS is the person some of us think ought to run this nation?!

Speaking of stupid?

Now back in the early 60's an 841 combined SAT score was considered pretty damned weak.

How weak?

Sure. She's far more intelligent than her presumed voting base. She's so phenomenal her house doesn't even have wheelz or them thar tarz !

Speaking of stupid?

How weak?

Is she running for public office? Link? or, just stupidity.

Stossel has a vested interest in whining about public schools. He makes them out to be horrible and then turns around and sells shit to them to "improve" them.

Stossel has a vested interest in whining about public schools. He makes them out to be horrible and then turns around and sells shit to them to "improve" them.

Depends on where you are Ravi.

Public schools here in rural Virginia - outstanding. Teachers give a shit, work hard. Students good kids, respectful, have good family values, etc.

Get into inner-city D.C. - horrible. I mean - real bad. Probably worst in the nation, and that's too bad, as D.C. schools - in our nation's capital, should be the shining star example for public schools.

Speaking of stupid?

How weak?

Which has jack shit to do with anything.... but your obsession with Palin is noted. Perhaps you could start a thread about it? Meanwhile, try and focus... the country does not revolve around Palin - much as you might want it to.

Idiot.

Public schools here in rural Virginia - outstanding. Teachers give a shit, work hard. Students good kids, respectful, have good family values, etc.

Get into inner-city D.C. - horrible. I mean - real bad. Probably worst in the nation, and that's too bad, as D.C. schools - in our nation's capital, should be the shining star example for public schools.

Very true warrior, very true.

No, not very true, not across the board at least. My brother taught in rural VA. Kids were obnoxious and out of control and he spent a ridiculous amount of time being a surrogate parent/disciplinarian such that he hardly had time to teach.

Schools vary a lot. To say they're all good/bad in any given area tends to be a big oversimplification at best.

Speaking of stupid?

How weak?

Are IQ scores a predictor of intelligence and success? What do they tell us about a person? In this case Sarah Palin?

Nobody, at least nobody with half a clue, thinks politicians are smart. Our best and brightest go into science, medical, enginnering and technicial fields.

Smart people do smart things. Narcissistic-Sociopaths run for political office.

No, not very true, not across the board at least. My brother taught in rural VA. Kids were obnoxious and out of control and he spent a ridiculous amount of time being a surrogate parent/disciplinarian such that he hardly had time to teach.

Schools vary a lot. To say they're all good/bad in any given area tends to be a big oversimplification at best.

Just joining in on the conversation there bill. I happen to teach in the Virginia public school system but we can go with your second hand information.

Or we can logically conclude that in some areas of rural VA the schools are good, in some they are not.

Forum List

Back