Story with a happy ending.

Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Mar 8, 2008
This has been brightening my outlook on our messed up world ever since last Friday and I thought I'd share it with you guys.

In my neighborhood there is a big old dog, looks like a Rottweiler mix, named Curley. She barks at anyone who walks by her yard unless she knows you and if she knows you she is a pussy cat. I always stop by and scratch her ears even though it means my hand will end up as black as if I'd handled engine parts covered in engine grease because this dog has never have a bath in it's life.

Last May Curley disappeared from her yard in the middle of the night. The gate was closed so she was either let out or taken out. About a month earlier the owner's daughter had woken up at 2 am because she heard a woman's voice outside saying," I could get her to come with us". The owner found out who that woman was but where told she was not from the area and had left town. The owner reported Curley missing to the police and the animal rescue but no one had much hope. It was pretty likely that Curley had been stolen to be sold as a bait dog to a dog fighter. We all hoped that was not what happened but there was not much reason to think otherwise. It was pretty sad.

Now, several months later the owner gets a call from the local SPCA and they have a dog fitting Curley's description. He goes there and it is Curley. She jumps all over him as best she can on her 12 year old legs. Apparently she was dropped off at the shelter to be put up for adoption by some people who said that they didn't want her anymore because she wasn't house trained. She was a little skinnier but she had no injuries so perhaps she did just go off on a walkabout and ended up with these people or maybe they stole her thinking she wasn't well cared for then discovered she was too much to handle.

Anyway, it's so great to have the stinky old mutt back in the neighborhood. She seem very happy to be home also.

Stinky dogs generally have hound in them, btw. Don't know why, but they're smellier than the average mutt.

Glad she's home and happy.

Ah, I'm just picturing the dog jumping up and down, wagging her tail, so happy to see her family again to save her!

Yeah! :clap2:

Thanks for the story eel! :D

This has been brightening my outlook on our messed up world ever since last Friday and I thought I'd share it with you guys.

In my neighborhood there is a big old dog, looks like a Rottweiler mix, named Curley. She barks at anyone who walks by her yard unless she knows you and if she knows you she is a pussy cat. I always stop by and scratch her ears even though it means my hand will end up as black as if I'd handled engine parts covered in engine grease because this dog has never have a bath in it's life.

Last May Curley disappeared from her yard in the middle of the night. The gate was closed so she was either let out or taken out. About a month earlier the owner's daughter had woken up at 2 am because she heard a woman's voice outside saying," I could get her to come with us". The owner found out who that woman was but where told she was not from the area and had left town. The owner reported Curley missing to the police and the animal rescue but no one had much hope. It was pretty likely that Curley had been stolen to be sold as a bait dog to a dog fighter. We all hoped that was not what happened but there was not much reason to think otherwise. It was pretty sad.

Now, several months later the owner gets a call from the local SPCA and they have a dog fitting Curley's description. He goes there and it is Curley. She jumps all over him as best she can on her 12 year old legs. Apparently she was dropped off at the shelter to be put up for adoption by some people who said that they didn't want her anymore because she wasn't house trained. She was a little skinnier but she had no injuries so perhaps she did just go off on a walkabout and ended up with these people or maybe they stole her thinking she wasn't well cared for then discovered she was too much to handle.

Anyway, it's so great to have the stinky old mutt back in the neighborhood. She seem very happy to be home also.

Yayy, she made it back,

Forum List

Back