Story on "Ethnic Tension" doesn't mention blacks...

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Sorrow, anger and fear of ethnic persecution have permeated the South Asian community in Old Bridge where residents are struggling for answers to why a respected Indian scientist was savagely beaten to death outside his home last weekend.

Divyendu Sinha, a 49-year-old scientist and professor at the Stevens Institute of Technology, died Monday morning after he and his two sons were attacked while going for a walk in Old Bridge last week.

Three 17-year-olds have been charged with Sinha’s slaying, but as the investigation continues little is known about what drove Sinha’s attackers to make him a target.

Police maintain that there was no indication of bias in Sinha’s death, but ethnic tension has quickly risen to the surface in the town of 70,000.

Though Old Bridge is predominantly white, the Indian population has been growing steadily over the past 20 years and represents six percent of the population, according to 2008 data from the U.S. Census Bureau.

On Tuesday the more than 200 members of the South Asian community told stories of intimidation and harassment — including being spit at and having trash thrown on them from passing cars — incidents they say they experience on a day-to-day basis in the community.

Fatal beating of Old Bridge man highlights harassment of South Asian community | NJ.com

They won't give the names of the assailants because they are juveniles. However, according to several comments on the article, the perps were BLACK and this may have been a gang initiation.

How can a reporter write an article about "ethnic tension" on "Asians", in a "predominantly white area" without mentioning the race of the murderers? How dishonest is that?

This shit has got to stop.

What comments in the article that the perps were black? I didn't see any.

It does however raise suspicion for me because, as the OP pointed out, the white and Indian demographics of the community were mentioned. So if the killers were white why not mention it? Or black or Hispanic or other for that matter?

Welcome to PC journalism 2010.

Alot of people just don't see blacks as humans and not responsible for there own behaviour.

What comments in the article that the perps were black? I didn't see any.

It does however raise suspicion for me because, as the OP pointed out, the white and Indian demographics of the community were mentioned. So if the killers were white why not mention it? Or black or Hispanic or other for that matter?

Welcome to PC journalism 2010.

roamtheworld July 01, 2010 at 9:42AM

The three that are under arrest are black. This article is slanted because it mentions the white and indian population, but nothing about blacks. Very misleading - a great example of hack journalism. Is Stirling, the author, black?

mlr July 01, 2010 at 7:18AM

My son is turning 17 in a couple of months and went to Old Bridge H.S. with these three 17 year olds. He told me these kids are black, and they are big kids that are always in trouble and annoying. He told me everyone in school was afraid of them. Such a sad story, these kids need to be charged as adults, and be put away for a long, long time.

rlc0750 July 01, 2010 at 8:41AM

it was three blacks from affluent families that went to Old Bridge HS

the media doesn't like kicking the underdog while he's down. its a common human instinct. so is snipping at the overdog's heels, which is one of the reasons the media falls for racial hoaxes blaming whites just about every time. and why so many people lose money betting on longshots.

Two more were arrested. According to comments on the latest article - these two were white and the other three are black. NOW it has become a bias crime. Hmmmm.

Old Bridge is an upper middle class community and the high school has a very good reputation. This story saddened me. The thug/gangsta lifestyle is corrupting even the best of schools. These kids have thrown their lives away for the "thrill" of murdering an innocent human being for fun.

stephk July 01, 2010 at 6:58PM
Follow

These hyenas' names were published in comments post in the Home News Tribune a couple of days back. With their names revealed, their Facebook profiles were available. They are thug/gangster wanna be's and their profiles matched the viciousness of their assaults.Their hype met reality. It sounds like that they got high on the mayhem they were creating that evening. All I can say is that from what I read these feral kids were like a pack of hyenas on Animal Planet.They would have gone after any of us.

onica July 01, 2010 at 7:09PM
Follow

My friend also did some investigating on Facebook, it's sad that these young kids have so much anger and hostility, that poor man was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. This may open some parents eyes to the fact that it's not just the poor urban kids, these kids were impersonating a lifestyle, probably trying to start a gang right in OB, from my sources 2 were white, 3 were black they all came from decent families. I hope they get their wish to live the real gangster lifestyle in jail, I hope they get life in one of the tough prisons in NJ, when the real thugs get thru with them, I hope they feel just like that poor man.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/07/two_more_teenagers_are_charged/1607/comments-4.html

Last edited:
Sorrow, anger and fear of ethnic persecution have permeated the South Asian community in Old Bridge where residents are struggling for answers to why a respected Indian scientist was savagely beaten to death outside his home last weekend.

Divyendu Sinha, a 49-year-old scientist and professor at the Stevens Institute of Technology, died Monday morning after he and his two sons were attacked while going for a walk in Old Bridge last week.

Three 17-year-olds have been charged with Sinha’s slaying, but as the investigation continues little is known about what drove Sinha’s attackers to make him a target.

Police maintain that there was no indication of bias in Sinha’s death, but ethnic tension has quickly risen to the surface in the town of 70,000.

Though Old Bridge is predominantly white, the Indian population has been growing steadily over the past 20 years and represents six percent of the population, according to 2008 data from the U.S. Census Bureau.

On Tuesday the more than 200 members of the South Asian community told stories of intimidation and harassment — including being spit at and having trash thrown on them from passing cars — incidents they say they experience on a day-to-day basis in the community.

Fatal beating of Old Bridge man highlights harassment of South Asian community | NJ.com

They won't give the names of the assailants because they are juveniles. However, according to several comments on the article, the perps were BLACK and this may have been a gang initiation.

How can a reporter write an article about "ethnic tension" on "Asians", in a "predominantly white area" without mentioning the race of the murderers? How dishonest is that?

This shit has got to stop.

I've heard of gang initiations, where gang members drive around with the headlights off at night. The first person to point that out to them is selected for death as an initiation to the gang... just saying... life can be that cheap..

Forum List

Back