Story of The Free State of Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello? This movie is from 2016--hardly new. I guess the link got ya---That being said..was a great flick..I enjoyed it....it shows the complexity of the period...of coure, while the outline of the story is true..parts are fictional ..and don't reflect the entire history.

Newton Knight - Wikipedia

The Confederacy only lasted for four years. What happened to the other 296 years? My point is that it wasn't a revolt against the Confederacy, it was a revolt against slavery. The flag that flew from the stern of slave ships for 300 years wasn't the stars and bars of the Confederacy, it was the Union Jack and the French and Spanish and sadly Old Glory. The North created a textile industry off the backs of Black slaves om the South and New England whalers made extra money by transporting slaves. New Jersey was the last northern state to outlaw slavery about 15 years before the Civil War.

When it comes from Hollywood, then it is to promote inter-racial marriages.

You can tell by their hundreds of movies where the woman is white and the man is black. And when both are black, the woman's skin color is lighter than the man's anyway. This also happens in TV commercials and more.

Unfortunately, mixing races causes physically weaker children. They look good, a black girl with green or blue eyes is a great combination, but eventually these off springs and their off springs as well will be weaker and weaker.

It is very noble the attempts of Mr. Knight to moderate society as having white and blacks living equally, but if he did it just because his own convenience, if he did it for being in love again and living with a black woman as his concubine, such is just a demonstration of doing it because his own special interest. Not so for the best of society.

The beginning of this country was in a direction towards a better society but at slow steps. Right before the years of Mr Knight, democracy itself was different.

Not everybody was able to go and vote. Elections rights were given only to certain people. No vote rights for illiterate, carpenters, shoe repair guys, janitors, women, slaves, etc. They started to obtain the right of vote several years later.

Those were times where people walked streets carrying rifles, and it was fine. A totally different scenario from today. To me, his great ideal of equal status in society for whites and blacks, if it is promoted by Hollywood, then there is a hidden message between the words of the script or the actions of the characters.

Even when the story is based on true events, when it comes from Hollywood, then beware, something fishy has been added.

When it comes from Hollywood, then it is to promote inter-racial marriages.
Shouldn't that be their choice? Or do you think the gov't should restrict to only gov't approved scenarios?
No, in reality nothing like that.

However, the tendency of pushing inter-racial marriages throughout movies and TV commercials, and more, such is not promoting the will of people but manipulating their behavior.

When I say "pushing" is when in the media the white person is portrayed as "inferior" and the black person as smarter, better, more trusted, etc.

And right now the new tendency is promoting women as becoming superior than men. Last movies I have watched men were turned down by the bad guys and women are the ones coming to the rescue.

Apparently this tendency is looking for "equality", but is not what reality is about.

I just watch the trailers and read the resume of the script to have an idea of what the movie is about. Many movies are worthy to be seen, even when they come with the new tendencies included, but other movies are made hiding mischievous messages.

One of them, as an example, has a part when a man had an accident and his dog is temporarily under the care of a couple of gay men. At one moment, they took the dog to his owner, who have all the characteristics of being a straight dude. The owner rejected the dog and became angry, reacting, lets say, with violent behavior, etc (the bad guy). While the gay men showed "compassion, understanding, etc" .(the good guys)

A game from Hollywood, that being straight is bad, being gay is good.

You can see it in lots of recent movies.

Do you know what? Even when I think there is a hidden mischievous message in the movie in question, I' will watch it one of these days.

Yes, it appears that movie has gave you a kind of good message, so, why not?

Just to tell you thanks for starting this topic, I didn't know about the past existence of Mr. Knight and neither about the movie.

So, thank you for your input.

Gawd yes

here's one benign 'version' , should you look up Sons of Liberty

https://www.history.com/news/sons-of-liberty-members-causes
That Tea thing reminds me of the Fur Trade in the Northwest- the British controlled it and paid trappers to work for them vs American owned trading companies which means they dominated the Northwest (as of yet not a part of the US), often through outright theft and force- w have a pretty long History of trouble with Britain- and yet we use a British designed economy, Keynesian, which was designed for the monarchy of Great Britain- it makes me shake my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back