Story about hollywood

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Hello, i create this thread so we could bring story about Hollywood it could be about anything that had to do with Hollywood so i start with John Wayne.:)

Here: John Wayne passionate about chess plays during a break on the set of the movie Chisum 1970

John Wayne passionné d'échec joue pendant une pause sur le tournage du film Chisum 1970.jpg

Hedy Lamarr: Invention of Spread Spectrum Technology

"Hedy Lamarr
Invention of Spread Spectrum Technology
bio_lamarr.jpg
Although better known for her Silver Screen exploits, Austrian actress Hedy Lamarr (born Hedwig Eva Maria Kiesler) also became a pioneer in the field of wireless communications following her emigration to the United States. The international beauty icon, along with co-inventor George Anthiel, developed a "Secret Communications System" to help combat the Nazis in World War II. By manipulating radio frequencies at irregular intervals between transmission and reception, the invention formed an unbreakable code to prevent classified messages from being intercepted by enemy personnel."

she would co-patent the technology for today's cellphones, Wi-Fi and GPS by building a torpedo for the U.S.Navy.

Thank you for the information i did not know about the story.

Bewitched secrets that producers kept from fans for years.

Montgomery Wasn’t the First Choice

Elizabeth Montgomery was iconic in the role of Samantha, but she wasn’t the producers’ first choice. One of the best kept Bewitched secrets is that Tammy Grimes was the first choice!

montgomery-grimes.jpg

Elizabeth Montgomery had a hard time filming the show’s pilot because that was the day JFK was assassinated. Montgomery was a friend of the president’s, as was producer Bill Asher.

25 Things Bewitched Producers Didn't Want You to Know

Hedy Lamarr: Invention of Spread Spectrum Technology

"Hedy Lamarr
Invention of Spread Spectrum Technology
bio_lamarr.jpg
Although better known for her Silver Screen exploits, Austrian actress Hedy Lamarr (born Hedwig Eva Maria Kiesler) also became a pioneer in the field of wireless communications following her emigration to the United States. The international beauty icon, along with co-inventor George Anthiel, developed a "Secret Communications System" to help combat the Nazis in World War II. By manipulating radio frequencies at irregular intervals between transmission and reception, the invention formed an unbreakable code to prevent classified messages from being intercepted by enemy personnel."

she would co-patent the technology for today's cellphones, Wi-Fi and GPS by building a torpedo for the U.S.Navy.
There's documentary on Netflix about her. She was remarkable women.

Hello, i create this thread so we could bring story about Hollywood it could be about anything that had to do with Hollywood so i start with John Wayne.:)

Here: John Wayne passionate about chess plays during a break on the set of the movie Chisum 1970

View attachment 262247
Liked most of his movies but did not care for him off screen. In real life, he was certainly no hero as the link explains. His work with the House Un-American Activities Committee put him on my list of deplorable, but I still liked his movies. I guess that makes him a good actor.
John Wayne: The World War II Hero Who Didn't Serve?

Forum List

Back