Storms Kill 72 In The South Tonight

i know the storms were strong, but the death toll seems extremely high. Was there no warning system in place, and if there was did people ignore it?

Are people in Alabama unprepared for tornadoes?

Supposedly one hit a mall in tuscaloosa. Don't know for sure, that's just the rumor here at work. But it would explain the large casualty rate.

Well, what was going on yesterday and last night was not pretty. Locals around here have said the same thing people in AL were saying - "in 'X' years I've never seen anything like it." It just kept coming and coming in wave after wave - severe thunderstorm and tornado watches/warnings, high wind, flash flooding. One of the stations I was watching said one cluster of serious weather had already had some 2,000+ lightening strikes (that was around AL at the time I was watching). The weather maps looked like one big mass of strikes from MS, AL, GA and up through TN.

Videos from AL this morning were unbelievable - horrific damage all over the place. I think the death toll will probably climb as people go through the destruction.

I found it somewhat pathetic that where the death and destruction in the US was concerned there appeared to be no interest on CBS, NBC, and ABC. They were going on and on about the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton - just gushing and gooing all over each other. To my knowledge they have not heard any tidbits as to what color and style underwear Kate will be wearing ... or if she will wear any at all. I will be so glad for Will and Kate when the media circus ends. The MSM has certainly done its best to try to ruin every aspect of the occasion for them - and for those who would like to enjoy seeing things as they unfold on the wedding day.

great job dragging the royal wedding into this thread.

that is "somewhat pathetic".

I think Granny just used the royal wedding as an example on how crazy the MSM can be... I mean come on, the royal wedding is pretty much the top story on many of the Media's web sites!

Well, what was going on yesterday and last night was not pretty. Locals around here have said the same thing people in AL were saying - "in 'X' years I've never seen anything like it." It just kept coming and coming in wave after wave - severe thunderstorm and tornado watches/warnings, high wind, flash flooding. One of the stations I was watching said one cluster of serious weather had already had some 2,000+ lightening strikes (that was around AL at the time I was watching). The weather maps looked like one big mass of strikes from MS, AL, GA and up through TN.

Videos from AL this morning were unbelievable - horrific damage all over the place. I think the death toll will probably climb as people go through the destruction.

I found it somewhat pathetic that where the death and destruction in the US was concerned there appeared to be no interest on CBS, NBC, and ABC. They were going on and on about the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton - just gushing and gooing all over each other. To my knowledge they have not heard any tidbits as to what color and style underwear Kate will be wearing ... or if she will wear any at all. I will be so glad for Will and Kate when the media circus ends. The MSM has certainly done its best to try to ruin every aspect of the occasion for them - and for those who would like to enjoy seeing things as they unfold on the wedding day.

I think Granny just used the royal wedding as an example on how crazy the MSM can be... I mean come on, the royal wedding is pretty much the top story on many of the Media's web sites!

nah, she saw an opening to slam the MSM, used the royal wedding and the storms to do it.
she even found a way to mention catherine middleton's underwear.

she is a very sensible poster. hahahaha

nah, she saw an opening to slam the MSM, used the royal wedding and the storms to do it.

Makes sooooo much more sense when you say it :cuckoo:

and no mention of how pathetic it was to mention Red states or Pat Robinson?

*cough**HACK**cough*

I was stuck in the Atlanta airport last night. My flight almost didn't go but we took off at 2am. As we flew South you could see the storms in the sky to the West. I had never seen anything like it. The lightning show was spectacular.

I was stuck in the Atlanta airport last night. My flight almost didn't go but we took off at 2am. As we flew South you could see the storms in the sky to the West. I had never seen anything like it. The lightning show was spectacular.

These kind of storms can be as breathtaking as they are destructive! I couldn't imagine how great a view you had from the sky!

Makes sooooo much more sense when you say it :cuckoo:

glad i could help you see the forest.

Well they are a red state and will of course want no federal aid.

WTG douche bag the death toll is now up to 250 do you feel better now that you've expressed your hate for all those people?

Opps never mind its now up to 269 if the 70 didn't do it for you I'll bet you're just loving this increase

Last edited:
Well they are a red state and will of course want no federal aid.

WTG douche bag the death toll is now up to 250 do you feel better now that you've expressed your hate for all those people?

Opps never mind its now up to 269 if the 70 didn't do it for you I'll bet you're just loving this increase

I was against the Iraq invasion, we killed 250 in one day on purpose there.
Day after day too.

This was an act of God, Who should you blame?

Wow. PS, thank you for giving everyone, right and left, a glimpse of the MO of an elitist shitheel.

Forum List

Back