Storing Red Wine

How am I ruining them?

scared-rolleyes1.gif

How am I ruining them?

scared-rolleyes1.gif

Unless you keep your house chilly and dark...

Wines should also be kept away from heat sources and temperatures that are too cold. You don't want them stored in any area that freezing temperatures might occur and cause bottle to break. Too, avoid heat above 64F in order to ensure the wine does not get cooked, another way wine can develop off flavors. The goal is a constant temperature, away from sunlight. Dedicating a cabinet area that is low and safe form heat would work well. Also, there are many wine refrigerators on the market that will keep your wines stored in perfect conditions until you are ready to enjoy them.

It wasn't until years later that I read you were supposed to drink red wine at room temperature. But she never said a word. She was pretty cool.

That's not really true. I had the same perception until I went to Argentina and drink it cold (not cold, cold but cooled) and IMO it taste better...some even put ice in it...I wouldn't do that that because I think it would compromise the taste. I even saw one guy mixing coke into this wine...don't know what that was about.

That's not really true. I had the same perception until I went to Argentina and drink it cold (not cold, cold but cooled) and IMO it taste better...some even put ice in it...I wouldn't do that that because I think it would compromise the taste. I even saw one guy mixing coke into this wine...don't know what that was about.

All that - it's just wrong.

I would've said the same thing a few months ago...but seriously try chilled merlot. When in Argentina, someone told me that they saw someone put sugar in the wine...now that's just wrong :eusa_snooty:

I would've said the same thing a few months ago...but seriously try chilled merlot. When in Argentina, someone told me that they saw someone put sugar in the wine...now that's just wrong :eusa_snooty:

how cold are you chilling it? below 60? the colder you make it the more the fruit tastes disapear and the more the alcohol tastes come forword....so as a wine warms it opens up and you can taste the flavours.....as it cools down you can't.....try this...open a bottle pour two glasses and put one in the fridge and set the other on the counter.....wait and hour then tatse the two.....as for adding sugar it would just make it a dessert port

how cold are you chilling it? below 60? the colder you make it the more the fruit tastes disapear and the more the alcohol tastes come forword....so as a wine warms it opens up and you can taste the flavours.....as it cools down you can't.....try this...open a bottle pour two glasses and put one in the fridge and set the other on the counter.....wait and hour then tatse the two.....as for adding sugar it would just make it a dessert port

Have you tried it chilled?

I haven't chilled it myself, it was served to me but like I said it wasn't ice cold, it was chilled. I don't like fruity wines or drinks so if the cold does make it disappear then that's probably why I like it.

I'll try drinking the same wine chilled and non-chilled like you suggested and let you know how I think it tastes...you do the same.

Have you tried it chilled?

I haven't chilled it myself, it was served to me but like I said it wasn't ice cold, it was chilled. I don't like fruity wines or drinks so if the cold does make it disappear then that's probably why I like it.

I'll try drinking the same wine chilled and non-chilled like you suggested and let you know how I think it tastes...you do the same.

i have done it several times ... it is how i find which wines i like at which temperatures ..... i do not like refrigerator cold red wines, no flavours....

It's cold here, I'll just leave the bottle outside for a little bit...I don't like it cold, cold either...I'm not wine experts by any means...I just drink whatever tastes good :p

I'd have probably put it in the fridge myself. Commercial salad dressings tend to have some sort of preservative in them that keeps them good. If you used a mason jar and put it in a tight fitting lid and a waterbath, you might be ok for about 6 months. The honey is what will grow bacteria.

Please visit here and enjoy.

If an opened bottle of Red white, one that is partially drunk, then recorked and put in a cool dark place for storage, turns to vinegar overnight?

It was crap to begin with.

Forum List

Back