Storage Wars a fake?.....Dave Hester....Yuuuuup

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Ex-'Storage Wars' star: Show is fake | HLNtv.com

David Hester is suing A&E Television Networks and Original Productions, the production company behind the show about auctions of abandoned storage lockers.

The lawsuit alleges A&E fired Hester after he complained that "A&E's fraudulent conduct of salting and staging the storage lockers was possibly illegal." He seeks at least $750,000 in "lost compensation."

"A&E has committed a fraud on the public and its television audience in violation of the Communications Act of 1934, which makes it illegal for broadcasters to rig a contest of intellectual skill with the intent to deceive the viewing public," the lawsuit says.

"Nearly every aspect of the series is faked," The suit goes on to say. "Even down to the plastic surgery that one of the female case members underwent in order to create more 'sex appeal' for the show, the cost of which was paid for by Original. Original regularly 'salts' the storage lockers that are the subject of the auctions portrayed on the Series with valuable or unusual items to add dramatic effect

Last edited:
I just started watching the show. I enjoy it, even though I knew it was fake. That was the first "reality" show I have ever got into.

It even got me thinking about participating in storage auctions

I think it is a lot more work than it looks like. Cleaning up someone elses junk. Also a lot less lucrative

I think it is a lot more work than it looks like. Cleaning up someone elses junk. Also a lot less lucrative

I am sure it is. It just looks like fun! Not knwoing what you are going to get. Besides, a little hard work never hurt me

Storage Hunters did a show on what you actually have to do to make money off of a storage locker

First you pick through anything valuable ($20+) and sell it seperately
Then you pull off anything that has any value at all (dishes, tools, nick nacks) and sell at a flea market or as a lot to vendors
Clothes, scrap metal, paper etc you collect and sell as bulk
The rest goes to the dump

Last edited:
What!? A TV show has been FAKED? No f*ckin' way! :omg:

Next thing thing you'll tell me is that The News and Commercials are misleading and/or faked too! I wouldn't be able to handle that, my world would come crashing down around me!

Thank goodness I have the NFL, NBA, MLB and the NCAA to fall back on. Those Pillars of Integrity operate without the slightest hint of corruption or scandal in spite of all the money they generate.

Ex-'Storage Wars' star: Show is fake | HLNtv.com

David Hester is suing A&E Television Networks and Original Productions, the production company behind the show about auctions of abandoned storage lockers.

The lawsuit alleges A&E fired Hester after he complained that "A&E's fraudulent conduct of salting and staging the storage lockers was possibly illegal." He seeks at least $750,000 in "lost compensation."

"A&E has committed a fraud on the public and its television audience in violation of the Communications Act of 1934, which makes it illegal for broadcasters to rig a contest of intellectual skill with the intent to deceive the viewing public," the lawsuit says.

"Nearly every aspect of the series is faked," The suit goes on to say. "Even down to the plastic surgery that one of the female case members underwent in order to create more 'sex appeal' for the show, the cost of which was paid for by Original. Original regularly 'salts' the storage lockers that are the subject of the auctions portrayed on the Series with valuable or unusual items to add dramatic effect

:lol: Intellectual skill...??? That's pretty funny...

I've seen that show... It's sort of like "Let's Make a Deal" without the crazy costumes.

Hester doesn't lie. It's a fake!

Now, that new show, 'My Babies Mommas', it's the real deal......tune in....u won't be disappointed.......even J. Jackson, A. Sharpton, B. Obama and the prominent black community hasn't complained 'bout it!!!!

next you will be telling me that Bear Grylls and Man vs. Wild is fake too.

Forum List

Back