Stopping class warfare

That revenue growth was not fast enough to keep up with spending -- because of the tax cuts.

You cannot say that it is a spending problem unless you you can tell exactly what spending we can live without. That is what Republicans do -- keep calling for spending cuts while refusing to specify were exactly those savings should come from.

2 seconds searching...here is one plan.
Explainer: What Ron Paul's Trillion-Dollar Spending Cuts Axe (and What They Don't) - WNYC

Plus there is the Ryan Budget and many others.

Have you actually read that article? The only specific saving in there are coming from cutting the President's salary -- and that is it.

Ron Paul puts up a lengthy list of the departments he wants to abolish, but he offers no numbers on how much saving those would produce. His goal is cutting spending by 1T, but he offers no plan that gets us there.

The same is true for Ryan's budget -- it's a fraud.

The truth is that 90% of the govt. spending goes to defence and entitlement programs for elderly, disabled and those working low paying jobs. You cannot cut a trillion w/o affecting those -- and that is why there is no specifics.

It's still a far cry above whatever the opposition has proposed. All they want to do is slash defense spending and tax the rich. Where are the numbers to confirm the amount of savings that will be realized for those plans?

2 seconds searching...here is one plan.
Explainer: What Ron Paul's Trillion-Dollar Spending Cuts Axe (and What They Don't) - WNYC

Plus there is the Ryan Budget and many others.

Have you actually read that article? The only specific saving in there are coming from cutting the President's salary -- and that is it.

Ron Paul puts up a lengthy list of the departments he wants to abolish, but he offers no numbers on how much saving those would produce. His goal is cutting spending by 1T, but he offers no plan that gets us there.

The same is true for Ryan's budget -- it's a fraud.

The truth is that 90% of the govt. spending goes to defence and entitlement programs for elderly, disabled and those working low paying jobs. You cannot cut a trillion w/o affecting those -- and that is why there is no specifics.

Ron Paul's plan is all about cutting the military budget. If you want to find out the exact numbers go look for them then say it doesn't add up to 1 Trillion.

But it is much more detailed then any plan I have seen from the Democrats and most of the other Republicans.

He at least has a plan that comes close to balancing the budget.

I don't think it would be wise to cut our military. I'd rather see us cut foreign aid. We could completely do away with the Department of Education. We didn't have it before 1980 and I don't see that it's done any good. I think we should also do away with Homeland Security or the FBI or the CIA, I see no reason for all three agencies.

Unfortunately everyone who wants to cut the budget seems to want to cut social security or medicare, how about we cut retirement for the pres and congress and just put them on social security instead? How about we cut corporate welfare? It would save us a lot more than cutting food stamps.

As for food stamps, how about a box of food each week for each person in the country, you don't want the box, you don't take it. It could contain everything you need for your health, vitamins, maybe some freeze dried food. Something where it lasts for a long time so it can be made up quickly and we don't have to worry about perishables. Some boxes should be made up for those who can't eat meat, some for those who can't have soy, some for those who can't have gluten. Things like that. I still think it would be cheaper. And of course, it would save us money because we wouldn't have to have paperwork for people to get it. Just make sure they show id and mark them off the list. And if you don't pick it up that week, you don't get it.

As for school lunches, why do they have to be hot? Why not a sandwich, some veg sticks and an apple or orange and give it to everybody, forget the paperwork. That would also save us money.

Ship all illegals home. That will also save us money. We have too many of them incarcerated in our jails. Also legal immigrants in our jails should be sent home as well. Why should we pay for them? We should be responsible for our own citizens and that's it.

Make marijuana legal and regulate and tax it, like liquor. We have more people incarcerated than any other country. We could get rid of a great number of them if we legalized marijuana.

Make everyone in this country work for 2 years after they graduate from high school for their country. In return, they get 2 years vocational training or 2 years at a state college free. We'd have a better educated workforce and we'd have people who know a little more about our government. I'm not saying they have to go in the Army, maybe they could be the one's handing out the boxes of food.

Disability only. If you are disabled, we take care of you. If you are not, you work. If you can't find work, we give you a job, even if it's picking up trash alongside the road, it's better than paying people to sit on their butts.

Unemployment should be extended. If you can't get another job in 2 years, we give you training so you can get another job. If you still can't get another job, we give you one.

Instead of a minimum wage, how about a maximum wage? No one can make more than 50 times what anybody else in the company makes. It allows those who are upper management and CEOs to make more than the workers without getting ridiculous. Corporations aren't people and should never be considered people by our laws. Even Thomas Jefferson acknowledged that.

As for rules regarding companies and pollution, simple, make the people who run the company live within a couple of miles of the factory along with their families. They drink the same water and breath the same air as their workers. How much do you want to bet that they will have better pollution control without government interference?

Make the head of the company work as one of his workers one day a month, in the same conditions as his workers...voila safety issues are solved. Make it one day a week and he will get to know his workers and things will drastically change without government interference.

Yeah, I know, I lost you all after the first paragraph and those I didn't lose are still sputtering.

Forum List

Back