Stop Tossing the Mullahs a Lifeline; Let the Revolution Begin!

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Another Vicious Regime Is Tottering, So Why Toss A Lifeline?
By Jack Kelly for Jewish World Review
May 31, 2006

What arguably is the most important story in the world right now isn't getting much attention from our news media. On May 19, a government-owned newspaper in Tehran published a cartoon which likened Azeris, who comprise more than a quarter of Iran's population, to a cockroach.

This did not sit well with the Azeris, ethnic Turks who live, mostly, in northwestern Iran. Massive protests (Amnesty International estimated the crowds at more than 300,000) in Tabriz and other northern cities have turned into riots, with government forces firing into the crowds. Dissidents say more than 20 people have been killed; dozens more injured, and hundreds arrested.

On May 23, the disorder spread to the capital, where the (mostly Persian) students at Tehran University are protesting in solidarity with the Azeris. Relations between the government and the Azeris already were strained. Many would like to join their fellow Azeris directly across the border in Azerbaijan.

The Azeris are hardly alone in their dissatisfaction with Persian dominance in general and the Islamic revolutionary regime in particular. News media which have obsessed about ethnic and religious differences in Iraq have paid little attention to more serious such divisions in Iran.

Ethnic Persians are just barely a majority of the peoples living within the borders of Iran. There are more Kurds in Iran (7-10 percent of the Iranian population) than in Iraqi Kurdistan, and many would like to unite with their brethren across the border.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was nearly assassinated when he went to Baluchistan in Iran's southeast last December. Baluchis are a warlike people who are ethnically, linguistically, and religiously (most are Sunnis) distinct from Persians. Many would like to join with their fellow Baluchis who live across the border in Pakistan.

Arabs comprise only about 3 percent of the population of Iran, but they are clustered in the southwestern province of Khuzestan, bordering on Iraq, which also happens to be the province where most of Iran's oil is located. Many would like to join Iraq, where Shia Arabs are now preeminent.

When these ethnic tensions are combined with the anger and contempt most Iranians under age 30 feel for a regime that has blighted their economic opportunities and represses their social activities, it is clear that Ahmadinejad and the mullahs are riding an ever angrier tiger.

"Tehran's method of dealing with the ethnic issue will ultimately backfire," predicted Abbas William Samii in the Christian Science Monitor Tuesday. "It can successfully employ overwhelming force against geographically isolated groups, but it would be much more difficult to handle angry Arabs, Azeris, Baluchis, Kurds and other minorities if they act against the state simultaneously."

Ironically, the 1979 Khomeini revolution which brought the Islamists to power began with rioting in Tabriz. Could history be repeating itself? Sheema Kalbasi thinks so. "Wake up and smell the gunpowder," she wrote on her blog, "Iranian Woman." Iran is ready to explode, she said. "It is time for students, workers and minorities to rise up in coordinated fashion," she said.

"The mullahs will find it increasingly difficult to continue their rule. The mullahs know it and that is one of the reasons why they are literally begging to talk to the Americans."

As indeed they are. In a remarkable turnabout for a government which only a month or so ago seemed to be goading the United States into making a preemptive strike against Iran's nuclear facilities, Iranian diplomats have been burning up the back channels trying to arrange for bilateral negotiations between their government and ours.

In a speech on state run television Sunday, Iran's supreme leader, the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, blamed the rioting on the United States.

Ms. Kalbasi is unimpressed: "The idiots think that the Americans are planting the seeds of revolt or that talking to the Americans will demoralize the people." "They are wrong," she said. "The mullahs' rule has expired because the mullahs ...belong to an age when stoning, mutilation and blinding were considered the norm."

Revolution in Iran would end the dilemma we face in dealing with the mullahs' pursuit of nuclear weapons. The UN is most unlikely to impose meaningful sanctions, and air strikes against suspected nuclear sites are fraught with peril.

So now that this vicious regime apparently is tottering, why do so many in the news media and in the Democratic party want to toss the mullahs a lifeline by urging the president to engage in direct negotiations? We should be helping the people, not their oppressors.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0506/jkelly.php3

Excellent post, Apple. You never see such reporting in the American MSM. We should be throwing lifelines, i.e., money, supplies, and weapons to the ethnic minorities in Iran. Kathianne posted something on this topic a couple of days ago, including references to a CIA covert action plan against Iran. The thread received very few views: http://usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?p=566312#post566312. Iran keeps moving hellbent for nuclear weapons, killing our people in Iraq, and funding and directing Hezbollah. The US should make such behavior so painful that the Mullahs desist, or are overthrown.

Providing support to Iranian groups might back fire. Thats the reason it isn't happening. These people may hate the central Government, but they may also hate us. Giving the central Government ammo to denegrate the opposition might be a losing proposition,

There are no secrets in the US Government, thanks to " patriots" that think it is ok to leak any and all information that they personally disagree with or think will help their political party some how. And yes both sides do it, though the left is more likely to "leak" in my personal opinion.

Excellent post, Apple. You never see such reporting in the American MSM. We should be throwing lifelines, i.e., money, supplies, and weapons to the ethnic minorities in Iran. Kathianne posted something on this topic a couple of days ago, including references to a CIA covert action plan against Iran. The thread received very few views: http://usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?p=566312#post566312. Iran keeps moving hellbent for nuclear weapons, killing our people in Iraq, and funding and directing Hezbollah. The US should make such behavior so painful that the Mullahs desist, or are overthrown.

You haven't been paying attention, according to the loony left on this very board Bush WANTS Iran to have nukes so that they can nuke us and he can grab power.

Providing support to Iranian groups might back fire. Thats the reason it isn't happening. These people may hate the central Government, but they may also hate us. Giving the central Government ammo to denegrate the opposition might be a losing proposition,

There are no secrets in the US Government, thanks to " patriots" that think it is ok to leak any and all information that they personally disagree with or think will help their political party some how. And yes both sides do it, though the left is more likely to "leak" in my personal opinion.
How do you know it is not happening? I would be surprised to find out that the Kurds in NW Iran hate us; we liberated their brothers in Iraq. Go through the links and read about the Jundullah in SE Iran. The Iranians have:

"captured 10 men (Jundullah) crossing the border with $500,000 in cash along with "maps of sensitive areas" and "modern spy equipment." http://usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?p=566312#post566312
Now where do you supposed they got that stuff and why? About the Jundullah: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jundullah

American intelligence sources say Jundullah has received money and weapons through the Afghanistan and Pakistan military and Pakistan's intelligence service. Pakistan has officially denied any connection.
That's a non-denial-denial if I ever read one. It leaves unanswered where either the Afghans or Pakis got the stuff. I would be surprised that the "Afghan military," such as it is, would be carrying out covert operations we do not know about. If we are not funding and equipping opposition groups in Iran, we should be. Are you worried about blow-back? Can that be worse than the current situation? We need to increase the pressure against the Persians big time. They are only 51 percent of the Iranian population, yet they are developing nukes, funding Hezbollah, and killing our people in Iraq. They must understand that if they continue their behavior it will become extremely painful, and that opposition ethnic groups will get lots of help from the US.

You haven't been paying attention, according to the loony left on this very board Bush WANTS Iran to have nukes so that they can nuke us and he can grab power.
To hell with the looney left, they have no clue. This is a serious question. We have to figure out how to apply some pressure on the Iranians that will stop their nuke development, halt their funding and direction of Hezbollah, and stop their killing of our people in Iraq. The Iranians are waging covert (and not so covert) war against America, and we have to start fighting back. Killing our people in Iraq is an act of war.

To hell with the looney left, they have no clue. This is a serious question. We have to figure out how to apply some pressure on the Iranians that will stop their nuke development, halt their funding and direction of Hezbollah, and stop their killing of our people in Iraq. The Iranians are waging covert (and not so covert) war against America, and we have to start fighting back. Killing our people in Iraq is an act of war.

So what do you suggest?

So what do you suggest?
Provide cash and weapons to opposition ethnic and student groups, as may be useful to destabilize the government. For example, the Jundullah in SE Iran via the Afghans or Pakis, and the Kurds in NW Iran via the Iraqi Kurds. Send covert attack missions against the IED (explosive penetrator) factories inside Iran. Put Iranian agents arrested inside Iraq on trial and imprison them. Broadcast multiple radio and TV signals into Iran 24/7. Add a third Carrier Strike Group to the North Arabian Sea. Move squadrons of land based attack aircraft (F15E and F117) into position. Make sure that all Iranian leadership Mullahs are privately informed that there is no situation where they will be permitted to possess nuclear weapons. And that if the US is forced to use military action to block Iranian nukes, then they will be held personally responsible.

Provide cash and weapons to opposition ethnic and student groups, as may be useful to destabilize the government. For example, the Jundullah in SE Iran via the Afghans or Pakis, and the Kurds in NW Iran via the Iraqi Kurds. Send covert attack missions against the IED (explosive penetrator) factories inside Iran. Put Iranian agents arrested inside Iraq on trial and imprison them. Broadcast multiple radio and TV signals into Iran 24/7. Add a third Carrier Strike Group to the North Arabian Sea. Move squadrons of land based attack aircraft (F15E and F117) into position. Make sure that all Iranian leadership Mullahs are privately informed that there is no situation where they will be permitted to possess nuclear weapons. And that if the US is forced to use military action to block Iranian nukes, then they will be held personally responsible.

What was your position on Iraq?

You realize of course, the left will NEVER support any of that, well not until a Democrat is President anyway. If we do any of that I suspect that another one of those Liberal "patriots" that leak stuff will just HAVE to leak that.

Back to the future eh? Well I suppose you could always installl another dictator, it worked for the Pahlavi family for a long while and of course it worked in Iraq for a while.

But I've got a better idea. Why not stay out of the internal affairs of other countries?

Back to the future eh? Well I suppose you could always installl another dictator, it worked for the Pahlavi family for a long while and of course it worked in Iraq for a while.

But I've got a better idea. Why not stay out of the internal affairs of other countries?

Are you an American Citizen? A registered voter in the United States? If not i suggest you take your own advice.

Diuretic you must realize that Iranians supplying weapons that kill Americans in Iraq, and developing nuclear weapons, are not cases where we can stay out of Iranian "internal" affairs. Beyond the fact that killing Americans in Iraq is not an example of an Iranian "internal" affair, such behavior is an act of war, plain and simple. Would you describe it in any other way? And of course religious fanatics that have vowed the destruction of Israel and expressed hostility toward America cannot be allowed to possess nuclear weapons. Do you suggest otherwise? I do not advocate a ground attack on Tehran. But if necessary, I do suggest air attacks on Iranian installations to prevent their development of nuclear weapons. Can you imagine what the world would be like with Mullahs pointing nuke guns at our heads? It is completely unacceptable. And no American President, whether from the left or right, would allow it to come to pass. Bank on it.

Are you an American Citizen? A registered voter in the United States? If not i suggest you take your own advice.
He is from Australia. And the irony is that Iranian behavior such as shipping explosive penetrators into Iraq, and the development of nuclear weapons, also threatens Australian servicemen and Australia in general. The development of Iranian nuclear weapons threatens every nation of the "West," and it will not be tolerated. Remember those dirtbags in Bali? What if they had a nuclear weapon, passed by Iranians or their proxies, and went on a trip to Sydney or Los Angeles? If sanctions do not work, and naval blockades are ineffective, rest assured that B52s, B1Bs, B2s, and all the rest will fly. Left or right in the White House, it will make no difference. If the Iranians do not desist, it is just a matter of time.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Fancy a Seppo making such an incredibly injudicious statement as that. As usual, your neo-Nazi ignorance is only bested by your breathtaking hypocrisy!

Your self-righteous dismissal of Diuretic is s-o-o characteristic of America's deep-seated double standards.

As a matter of fact, if you were an Australian you would be justifiably calling for your government to nuke America for what it has done to you; like overthrowing our democratically elected Labour government in 1975 for starters. here and here

Yet if a bunch of Aussie Yobbos (my religion) flew planes into the new Twin Towers, THE most uniformed people on the planet, Americans, would be back to bleating "Why us, when we are so G-O-O-D?!!" all over again. :eusa_wall:

Face it, Stupe, no country in the history of the world has interfered in the internal affairs of other nations as much as holier-than-thou America.

IF you bother to read this, remember this is the work of just one subversive agency of many in a whole procession of your “evil” governments since the universally despised Puritans slimed ashore.

Even as I write America and its Jewish puppet masters are killing democratically elected Palestinian government ministers and basically admitting it is carying out covert ops inside Iran.

Don’t get me started on the subject of clandestinely overthrowing other's governments Gummy, I’ll make you look like a proper fucking goose. :evil:

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Fancy a Seppo making such an incredibly injudicious statement as that. As usual, your neo-Nazi ignorance is only bested by your breathtaking hypocrisy!

Your self-righteous dismissal of Diuretic is s-o-o characteristic of America's deep-seated double standards.

As a matter of fact, if you were an Australian you would be justifiably calling for your government to nuke America for what it has done to you; like overthrowing our democratically elected Labour government in 1975 for starters. here and here

Yet if a bunch of Aussie Yobbos (my religion) flew planes into the new Twin Towers, THE most uniformed people on the planet, Americans, would be back to bleating "Why us, when we are so G-O-O-D?!!" all over again. :eusa_wall:

Face it, Stupe, no country in the history of the world has interfered in the internal affairs of other nations as much as holier-than-thou America.

IF you bother to read this, remember this is the work of just one subversive agency of many in a whole procession of your “evil” governments since the universally despised Puritans slimed ashore.

Even as I write America and its Jewish puppet masters are killing democratically elected Palestinian government ministers and basically admitting it is carying out covert ops inside Iran.

Don’t get me started on the subject of clandestinely overthrowing other's governments Gummy, I’ll make you look like a proper fucking goose. :evil:

Your a laughing stock.... You couldn't make RSR look bad if you had help. But do prattle on.

As a matter of fact, if you were an Australian you would be justifiably calling for your government to nuke America for what it has done to you; like overthrowing our democratically elected Labour government in 1975 for starters.
Probably the single most demented and insulting sentence I have read on this board. Nuke America? You need some serious medicine for that hateful rot between your ears. It is mentalities such as yours that we are fighting in the war on terror. If he was still alive, I am sure the Australian film star Chips Rafferty would be horrified that an extreme leftist lunatic like you has soiled his name.

Your a laughing stock.... You couldn't make RSR look bad if you had help. But do prattle on.

Surely you and Onedomino can get your Simian heads together and at least try to defend against my accusations, rather the pathetic "throw-off" you have put up?

At least Onedomino has spinelessly attempted to set up a strawman argument by wrongly accusing me of wanting to nook Murka rather than addressing my accusations. :rolleyes:

Obviously he rates other members as being incapable of reading and comprehending the plain English I posted:

As a matter of fact, if you (Gummy) were an Australian you would be justifiably calling for your government to nuke America for what it has done to you; like overthrowing our democratically elected Labour government in 1975 for starters

Probably the single most demented and insulting sentence I have read on this board. Nuke America? You need some serious medicine for that hateful rot between your ears. It is mentalities such as yours that we are fighting in the war on terror. If he was still alive, I am sure the Australian film star Chips Rafferty would be horrified that an extreme leftist lunatic like you has soiled his name.

As a matter of fact, if you (Gummy) were an Australian you would be justifiably calling for your government to nuke America for what it has done to you; like overthrowing our democratically elected Labour government in 1975 for starters

Get yourself to the nearest Cafflik school at once, you dunce. They can even teach Americans to read! :rolleyes:

What a patently transparent try at playing to the sham patriotic grandstand, you cretin! :clap2: :clap2:

Surely you and Onedomino can get your Simian heads together and at least try to defend against my accusations, rather the pathetic "throw-off" you have put up?

At least Onedomino has spinelessly attempted to set up a strawman argument by wrongly accusing me of wanting to nook Murka rather than addressing my accusations. :rolleyes:

Obviously he rates other members as being incapable of reading and comprehending the plain English I posted:

While you're desperately trying to dig up links to deny mine, here's another one :D

Forum List

Back