Stop threatening me!

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Will Climate Change Murder All the Coffee?

Oh, maybe: "What we are really seeing as a company as we look 10, 20, 30 years down the road—if conditions continue as they are—is a potentially significant risk to our supply chain, which is the Arabica coffee bean," says Jim Hanna, the sustainability director at Starbucks (a bottom line-focused coffee chain whose name you might recognize).

:eusa_pray:

Oh, maybe: "What we are really seeing as a company as we look 10, 20, 30 years down the road—if conditions continue as they are—is a potentially significant risk to our supply chain, which is the Arabica coffee bean," says Jim Hanna, the sustainability director at Starbucks (a bottom line-focused coffee chain whose name you might recognize).

Am I supposed to be upset because Starbucks might go out of business?

Damn, now we are getting down to serious business. First, peanut butter and now coffee. The American Way is at risk!

They're talking about chocolate too. No peanut butter and no chocolate...

:(

And no coffee..

Okay let me get this straight...Your link to an article from some blog named Gawker, referred to an article in the guardian where in a phone conversation the sustainability director of Starbucks, told them he is going to washington to tell them about climate change affecting coffee farming....

LOL, where to start....

1. Its from the guardian...

2. Its referenced from an unknown blog..

3. its about a phone conversation with starbucks "Sustainability Director"..

For the record a "sustainability director" is a person whose job it is to help direct the company in matters of sustainability. In this instance climate change.

What do expect to hear from a pig but a grunt? The guys job depends on climate change being a real threat. So hes doing his job...LOL

Sorry but I am really not concerned over this...

Another Boob thread: "Lookie! I found some opinion from some random unknown person on the interwebz about something and it confirms the baseless bias I already have!"

She might as well start a thread everyday that says, "I peed this morning."

is that the only place one can buy coffee?

focus, honey.

Nah.

If its true, we'll just be growing coffee trees in Iowa ...

Cornholio.jpg

Are you threatening me??????????????????????

Obviously coffee can't survive a warmer climate. That's why it didn't survive all those times in the past when the planet was much, much warmer than today.

Obviously coffee can't survive a warmer climate. That's why it didn't survive all those times in the past when the planet was much, much warmer than today.

The really silly part is its not all coffee but just certain designer types of coffee.. Unbelievable how "sustainability" only applies to other people. The coffee the are specifically talking about only grows in canopies inside a rain Forrest. You know those places that we shouldnt be screwing around in cause they can't grow some of the plants back.... Sustainability but don't touch my over priced designer coffee...

Forum List

Back