Stop the Repub plan to send Medicare

Privatizing Medicare will cause it to be more expensive. When you run out of your vouchers, you're shit out of luck.

Privatizing Medicare will cause it to be more expensive. When you run out of your vouchers, you're shit out of luck.

That is garbage and you know it.

But, just in case you had not heard about it....the future was presented in late 2009 when the Mayo in West Phoenix quit taking medicare payments......

Read up on it.....

Mayo facility in W. Valley to stop taking Medicare payments

Low reimbursements have led one West Valley medical facility to stop taking certain Medicare patients, a pilot program that an Arizona health-care expert says may become a long-term trend in the industry.

For now, most Valley hospitals are still taking Medicare reimbursements.

The Mayo Clinic announced in October that its Arrowhead Family Medicine practice will stop taking Medicare payments for primary-care services. The policy goes into effect Jan. 1, affecting about 3,000 seniors. Five doctors have practices at the clinic.
"We tend to see more Medicare patients in that area," said Lyn Closway, Mayo spokeswoman. "This is a (two-year) pilot, and we will re-evaluate or reassess this after an appropriate period of time."

For Mayo Clinic, the cost of providing services to Medicare patients exceeded the total amount paid on behalf of Medicare patients by $840 million in 2008, according to the hospital.

"Government payers, without question, are the worst payers in health care," said John Rivers, president of the Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association. "Medicare shortfalls in hospital payments represent nearly $1 billion in Arizona alone. And those costs ultimately get shifted onto the backs of privately insured individuals in the form of a hidden health-care tax."

Rivers said Medicare payments can't be kept below cost forever without extensively damaging hospitals' ability to serve their communities. Opting out of Medicare may be the only choice for many to balance their books.

"Mayo Clinic was the first health-care system to go in this direction, and I don't think they will be the last," Rivers said. "Everyone else is facing the same pressures as Mayo Clinic, and I won't be surprised to see more of this in the future."

Where are they planning to send it?

theunbubba-albums-post-photo-s-picture4382-alice.jpg

I see so according to you tax subsidies going down every year until they equal almost nothing means people wont spend more money on health care.
Furthemore Medicare is 50% more efficient then private insurance meaning even with the vouchers you'd need to spend 50% more to get the same services

Actually 70% more doctors accept medicare then private insurace
Who's Afraid Of Public Insurance? - Mark Blumenthal - NationalJournal.com

Medicare is going broke. Obamacare will kill it not republicans.

ObamaCare extends Medicare solvency by like 5 years. Also republicans have all voted twice now to completely eliminate Medicare

Wow, 5 years. Even if we assume that is true, which assumes we are incredibly stupid, extending solvency from 2018 to 2023 is not going to help.

I see so according to you assuming reality occurs is incredibly stupid

Because the government is always less expensive than doing it yourself.

In the case of health care yes. However you are to pathetic to accept that you are brainwashed and stupid so you continue to deny reality

I see so according to you tax subsidies going down every year until they equal almost nothing means people wont spend more money on health care.
Furthemore Medicare is 50% more efficient then private insurance meaning even with the vouchers you'd need to spend 50% more to get the same services

Actually 70% more doctors accept medicare then private insurace
Who's Afraid Of Public Insurance? - Mark Blumenthal - NationalJournal.com

Your list of fallacies could fill a roll of toilet paper. Start writing.

Medicare is so efficient that the Mayo (which, BTW, Obama has held up as the cost model that he thinks is just wonderful) dropped a bunch of seniors (that or pay). I guess you didn't read the fine print. If it is so efficient, how come it needs to keep cutting reimubursements while private insurance just motors along ? Real efficient.

Many doctors are built on public insurance. They simply provde the quality of a care consistent with the money they make.

ObamaCare extends Medicare solvency by like 5 years. Also republicans have all voted twice now to completely eliminate Medicare

Wow, 5 years. Even if we assume that is true, which assumes we are incredibly stupid, extending solvency from 2018 to 2023 is not going to help.

In the case of health care yes. However you are to pathetic to accept that you are brainwashed and stupid so you continue to deny reality

Yes, read up on how Carter fixed S.S. for thirty years and eighteen months later it was in the tank (six months from insolvency) because of their (Carter's) assumptions based in reality. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Your list of fallacies could fill a roll of toilet paper. Start writing.
Medicare is so efficient that the Mayo (which, BTW, Obama has held up as the cost model that he thinks is just wonderful) dropped a bunch of seniors (that or pay). I guess you didn't read the fine print. If it is so efficient, how come it needs to keep cutting reimubursements while private insurance just motors along ? Real efficient.

Many doctors are built on public insurance. They simply provde the quality of a care consistent with the money they make.
Yes you cherry picking the data means I'm using logical fallacies. ROTFL I see so according to you Medicare is not efficient because it costs 50% less then private insurance despite having better health outcomes. Plz learn to read and look up the word efficient

Last edited:

Yes, read up on how Carter fixed S.S. for thirty years and eighteen months later it was in the tank (six months from insolvency) because of their (Carter's) assumptions based in reality. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Are you really so stupid that you don't know the difference between Medicare/health care and SS. Its as if once your stupidly is called out you decide being even stupider is theroute to take

Forum List

Back