Stop the presses!!!! New discovery will change the world!!!

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
In a Savings Shocker, the Government Discovers That Paper Has Two Sides - WSJ.com

WASHINGTON -- With the budget deficit soaring toward $2 trillion, the Department of Justice has figured out how to play its part: double-sided photocopying

OH MY GAWWWD!

Paper actually has two sides that you can use?????

Just imagine, children, if government can discover this, what's in store for the future???

Aren't you so glad that you're alive today and you didn't have to live in a time where there was only one side to a piece of paper?

In a Savings Shocker, the Government Discovers That Paper Has Two Sides - WSJ.com

WASHINGTON -- With the budget deficit soaring toward $2 trillion, the Department of Justice has figured out how to play its part: double-sided photocopying

OH MY GAWWWD!

Just imagine, children, if government can discover this, what's in store for the future???

Aren't you so glad that you're alive today and you didn't have to live in a time where there was only one side to a piece of paper?

Leave it to a right-wing publication to distort the contents of its own piece. There are many small cost-savings means listed in the article. I guess the WSJ hasn't figured out yet that many of its more, shall we say unenlightened readership only looks at headlines.

That said, I think its great when baby steps that seem irrelevant suddenly turn into big bottom line cost savers. Why anyone would fault that is beyond me. Happens every day in the private sector.

OH MY GAWWWD!

Leave it to a right-wing publication to distort the contents of its own piece. There are many small cost-savings means listed in the article. I guess the WSJ hasn't figured out yet that many of its more, shall we say unenlightened readership only looks at headlines.

That said, I think its great when baby steps that seem irrelevant suddenly turn into big bottom line cost savers. Why anyone would fault that is beyond me. Happens every day in the private sector.

OH MY GAWWWWWD

The government has cut its budget to the bone.

Who will stop the bleeding?

Please is there a trauma surgeon in the house????

the government has slashed the budget by .006%!!!!!!!!

Oh dear, oh my how will we be able to get by??????

why save billions or trillions when you can use both sides of a piece of paper?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007

OH MY GAWWWD!

OH MY GAWWWWWD

Go change your underwear. Having a shitfit over stuff like this will put you six feet under before your time. If you REALLY want to freak out about waste in the billions that goes ignored, look to the Pentagon. At least your early death will be justified.

Waste at the Pentagon Maggie is equal to about one fith of the total waste in the whole budget most of which shouldn't be federal issue to begin with.

By the way what I find comical about this is that it took them this long to figure it out. It's not like we haven't had copiers that could do front and back for about two decades now.

Waste at the Pentagon Maggie is equal to about one fith of the total waste in the whole budget most of which shouldn't be federal issue to begin with.

By the way what I find comical about this is that it took them this long to figure it out. It's not like we haven't had copiers that could do front and back for about two decades now.
they've had duplex printers back in the early 90's

Yep. Our office had a full duplex copier back in 92. It even collated too!

Yep. Our office had a full duplex copier back in 92. It even collated too!
and i bet it even stapled too ;)

OH MY GAWWWD!

You may think it is funny, but I worked for a corporation that went through Chapter 11 bankruptcy, but before we declared chapter 11 we tried everything we could to save the company and using both sides of our copy paper, along with using the other side of paper that was used on one side but ready to be trashed, as our scrap paper...and bought erasers so when the pencil eraser ran out, long before the pencil itself...we didn't throw them out we continued to use them until 2 inches long only...

You don't know the half of what we did, to save money....I'm surprised we were not reusing toilet paper....

you gotta do, what ya gotta do and it truly does save money, and we made these moves in the Private sector, so why not our gvt doing the same....times are tough...

and every penny counts is how I was trained!

care

OH MY GAWWWD!

You may think it is funny, but I worked for a corporation that went through Chapter 11 bankruptcy, but before we declared chapter 11 we tried everything we could to save the company and using both sides of our copy paper, along with using the other side of paper that was used on one side but ready to be trashed, as our scrap paper...and bought erasers so when the pencil eraser ran out, long before the pencil itself...we didn't throw them out we continued to use them until 2 inches long only...

You don't know the half of what we did, to save money....I'm surprised we were not reusing toilet paper....

you gotta do, what ya gotta do and it truly does save money, and we made these moves in the Private sector, so why not our gvt doing the same....times are tough...

care
um, care, this was announced like it was some new technology that had never been around before

OH MY GAWWWD!

care
um, care, this was announced like it was some new technology that had never been around before

:lol:

yeah, i hadn't read it yet, when i posted! :lol:

the snippet regarding it, just reminded me of all that we did, to save money.

OH MY GAWWWD!

care
Your right. There is a tremendous amount of savings to be had by printing on both sides of a piece of paper. But that isnt' exactly a news flash, if you know what I mean.

OH MY GAWWWWWD

Go change your underwear. Having a shitfit over stuff like this will put you six feet under before your time. If you REALLY want to freak out about waste in the billions that goes ignored, look to the Pentagon. At least your early death will be justified.

why don't you grow a sense of humor

even obama says he likes gallows humor.

For Christ's sake the fucking country is imploding so take a minute to

LIGHTEN THE FUCK UP

Forum List

Back