Stop The Killing Of All Human Beings

Originally posted by jones
haha jeff! funny. I enjoyed the conversations with yall to tonight! Nice and respectable debate we had. Maybe be back later(heh, as if you cared).
I'd welcome you back. You are, at least, polite in your disagreement with others. Plus I agree with Jeff...opposing views are interesting. Perhaps we can even educate each other. Or at least reduce some of the vehemence of each other over certain situations.

:) Ya I think were learning alot from these conversations. Expecially with opposing views. That is the key really, the more opinions the better. If we debate everything, us Americans will usually come out with the something good. But only if we debate. Also keeps us in check.
Reminds me of a quote from Jefferson, think so anyway. Something really short like "This country is not based on trust, but on suspicion."

Moi, ya i guess. But I came to this forum all hot headed, and pissed everyone off. :rolleyes: But Ive learned from that.

In the eyes of the law it must be. We cannot convict people of crimes and then treat them as if they've done nothing. Laws regarding
the punishment of prisoners must be made under the assumption that they are guilty or those who are will be allowed to walk free.

It is important, then, to make sure as few mistakes as possible are made in trials and the processes people must go through before sentancing is complete. Once the guilty verdict has been reached,
though, we can no longer treat a criminal as a plain citizen.

Hmm, are you agreeing with my lil theory on the drug war? Cool. I would have to say that "war on terror" is also similar to the drug war. Our violence is making the jihad stronger. Recruiting boost if you will(thats confirmed). Violence = death = hate = violence. and repeat.
by Jones

Many here are 'libertarian leaning' meaning we want the government out of our lives as much as possible, which includes granting idiots their choice of poison.

However, few of us our such idiotarians that we believe we could deal with threats such as al Queda, Hitler, Stalin, Culigula, etc on our own. Thus the creation of government.

As has been pointed out repeatedly to you, in a historical perspective there are few periods where some person, group, or country wasn't bound and determined to exterminate another. THAT is the point of time most of us recognize ourselves to be in.

Check out the news today: reports of shoe bombing attempts; woman sticking plastique bomb in her vagina or swallowing it to detonate herself over DC; search for 'professionals' from Europe/US to volunteer for suicide missions; possible terrorism regarding Egypt flight. These are but some of the ways our enemies are hoping to bring their message to us.

Sorry, I wish the world was as you see it, but my view is much more Hobbesian.

Many here are 'libertarian leaning' meaning we want the government out of our lives as much as possible, which includes granting idiots their choice of poison.[/B]
My understanding of it is that WE are the goverment. "US", we the people. Thats how its supposed to be anyway.

However, few of us our such idiotarians that we believe we could deal with threats such as al Queda, Hitler, Stalin, Culigula, etc on our own. Thus the creation of government. [/B]
Ya. except Al Quada is a product of american foreign policy. Related to our relation to isreal, and our continuing approval of their expantion into palistinian territories and the means(not always) they go about it. Infact they are violating many resolutions. Its the pre emptive policy, which is illegal to the geneva convention. We dropped out to avoid the penalties of course.

As has been pointed out repeatedly to you, in a historical perspective there are few periods where some person, group, or country wasn't bound and determined to exterminate another. THAT is the point of time most of us recognize ourselves to be in.

Check out the news today: reports of shoe bombing attempts; woman sticking plastique bomb in her vagina or swallowing it to detonate herself over DC; search for 'professionals' from Europe/US to volunteer for suicide missions; possible terrorism regarding Egypt flight. These are but some of the ways our enemies are hoping to bring their message to us.

Sorry, I wish the world was as you see it, but my view is much more Hobbesian. [/B]

I understand theres alot of violence in the world and at home. But that does not include violating human rights and having thousands sacrificed for a VERY controversial war.

Wish you could understand that the military is not the answer to this the war on terror. We are not fighting a nation like stalin's or hitler's. We should be focusing on intelligence and policing to prevent these crimes. We cant go bombing a whole city like we have.
We are focusing all our time and money on a war in iraq. Here at home our ports, borders, and nuclear facilitys, are very much unprotected and porus.

Forum List

Back