Stop The Gutting of the Clean Air Act Before June 10th

Please read the following and consider calling your senators to tell them to vote NO on Murkowski's amendment.

Lisa P. Jackson: The Murkowski Resolution: A Step Backward for American Clean Energy

Here are the contact numbers for the US Senate:

Save the Clean Air Act

Americans overwhelmingly are opposed to Cap and Trade. The Obama administration knows that it can't pass the Congress so he's attempting to push it through the back door and allow the unelected EPA force it on us anyway. That is what the Murkowski Amendment tries to prevent. Furthermore, these are completely unnecessary regulations that will have zero positive effects and instead severely hurt our economy which is already on life support.

You're supporting dirty politics and the abuse of power by this administration by supporting what the president is trying to do in regards to this issue. Regulations that will have such far reaching effects need to be debated and either approved or rejected by Congress. The fact that they can't get it passed should tell you something.

We have 3% of the world's oil reserves. We use 25% of the worlds oil. We cannot drill our way out of that.

The technology exist to change most of our private transportation over to electricity. This technology has been fought, and stymied, by the oil companies for the last two decades.

Revenge of the EV1: crushing EV1 crushed GM

Continueing to use petroleum for tranportation is to continue to fund both sides of the terror war, and to continue to prop up people like Chavez.

Chinese auto makers are already ahead of us on hybrids and EVs, in spite of the fact that both the US and Japan has manufactured very successful EVs in the past two decades, only to see an oil company, Chevron, no doubt with the full support of the industry, shut down production of those vehicles.

Sure, electric cars exist, but they aren't practical and that is why nobody wants them. You can't even make it half the distance with an electric car without having to stop and charge it for a few hours compared to a gasoline powered car. Who wants to have to charge their car every 100 miles? When they make these cars with the ability to go 300 or 400 miles on one charge and be capable of charging up in a few minutes, then you'll see people begin to buy them. Practicality of this is decades away.

Of course, once that happens, then the people bitching about gas powered cars today, will be bitching about the pollution caused by the power plants from all the electricity we'll be generating to charge our cars, so in the end, there will be no satisfaction.

If I had my guesses - I'd say Murkowski's bill is a back-door approach to cap and tax. Can't remember right off the top of my head - but isn't she another Illinois Democrat sucking up to Obama and the rest?

Murkowski's bill will BLOCK the back-door Cap and Tax approach by the Obama administration. She is a Republican from Alaska.

Forum List

Back