‘Stop staring at his corpse’: Kadyrov urges Lenin’s burial

A couple of days ago:
Russia has unveiled a monument to victims of political repression during the Soviet era, its first ever national memorial to those imprisoned and executed under the regime.
The word Remember is emblazoned along its surface in a variety of languages
Russia's Wall of Sorrow -- an unironic monument to victims of repression

View attachment 158405

Putin: Political repression has become a tragedy for all our people, all our society and dealt a harsh blow to our people, its roots, culture and self-consciousness. We are still feeling its consequences.

Our duty is to not let it slip into oblivion. Remembrance, a clear and unambiguous position and assessments with regard to those sad events serve as a powerful warning against their recurrence.

Today, we will open the Wall of Sorrow in downtown Moscow. A grand, poignant monument both in its message and implementation. It appeals to our conscience and sentiment, calling for a deep and honest understanding of the period of repression, and empathy for its victims.

Now, it is important for all of us to build on the values of trust and stability. Only on this basis will we be able to achieve the goals of our society and our country, which is one for us all.
Opening of Wall of Sorrow memorial to victims of political repression

It was not so bad as Stalin eliminated the traitorous Lenin Gang.
Unfortunately, Stalin eliminated lots of other people, absolutely innocent. My relatives said everybody was afraid to go to bed because they were not sure all the family would wake up same place: Stalin's "Black Crows" ( special cars) would usually come in the middle of the night and arrest people. Those poor people would be announced "enemies of the Soviet people" and their poor family members as well. Those were very scary times for our country.

You are right, but Stalin firstly wanted to destroy Lenin's killer gang
Stalin was afraid of competitors. And then he became paranoiac, I think. Those times have been interpreted kinda contradictorily. But seems like Stalin's famous phrase was: "No person, no problem."

Any dictator afraid competitors.

A couple of days ago:
Russia has unveiled a monument to victims of political repression during the Soviet era, its first ever national memorial to those imprisoned and executed under the regime.
The word Remember is emblazoned along its surface in a variety of languages
Russia's Wall of Sorrow -- an unironic monument to victims of repression

View attachment 158405

Putin: Political repression has become a tragedy for all our people, all our society and dealt a harsh blow to our people, its roots, culture and self-consciousness. We are still feeling its consequences.

Our duty is to not let it slip into oblivion. Remembrance, a clear and unambiguous position and assessments with regard to those sad events serve as a powerful warning against their recurrence.

Today, we will open the Wall of Sorrow in downtown Moscow. A grand, poignant monument both in its message and implementation. It appeals to our conscience and sentiment, calling for a deep and honest understanding of the period of repression, and empathy for its victims.

Now, it is important for all of us to build on the values of trust and stability. Only on this basis will we be able to achieve the goals of our society and our country, which is one for us all.
Opening of Wall of Sorrow memorial to victims of political repression

Unfortunately, Stalin eliminated lots of other people, absolutely innocent. My relatives said everybody was afraid to go to bed because they were not sure all the family would wake up same place: Stalin's "Black Crows" ( special cars) would usually come in the middle of the night and arrest people. Those poor people would be announced "enemies of the Soviet people" and their poor family members as well. Those were very scary times for our country.

Stalin was afraid of competitors. And then he became paranoiac, I think. Those times have been interpreted kinda contradictorily. But seems like Stalin's famous phrase was: "No person, no problem."

Same like US Deep State dictators are afraid of independent and strong Russia.

Same like US Deep State dictators are afraid of independent and strong Russia.

Yep, I'm agree 100%

Forum List

Back