STOP HIRING!!! (so unemployment can get better)

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
What is the matter with businesses these days.
They need to stop hiring so the Unemployment rate can get better.
Unemployment is at 9% now...if we stop hiring people, by this time next year it might get down to 8.5% at least!!!

:eusa_angel:

It's not the private sector that's a problem. They are hiring at a slow..but good clip. It's the public sector that is letting so many people go.

It's not the private sector that's a problem. They are hiring at a slow..but good clip. It's the public sector that is letting so many people go.

its barley 1020 am there right? Jesus Christ you're drunk already......seriously you're warped.

Letting people go is apparently not affecting the unemployment level.
The percentage rate goes down .2% with only 80,000 jobs "added" (that is actually a job loss to population of course)
So the more people that lose their jobs the better the unemployment rate gets.

Unemployment is at 9% now...if we stop hiring people, by this time next year it might get down to 8.5% at least!!!

yea, when I saw the report this morning, I went to the bls pages becasue as usual, the numbers and propaganda presented to and swallowed by the public at large by the of sallow et al, is tripe.

Look some jobs is better than no jobs, of course. BUT

its about details, this jobs report and official miss, and even bigger, BLS "massaged" [i.e. birth/death record, dropped UEI rolls, etc.] report is in poorer shape than is being let on, labor participation rate is just a tick off its lowest on 30 years, and has not really moved in 7 months yet we lose a tenth of a point off the unemployment rate? PLus we all know that there are approx. 135-150k fresh bodies monthly heading out to find their first work.... :eusa_eh:

Of course nowhere do they tell you the people how have \fallen off the rolls account for that. And, it appears Canada lost 54,000 jobs, which is the equivalent of the U.S. losing 540,000, for the month.(?)

Its the same old same old, and, heres the thing Iam, this is the new paradigm being set up, if this isn't good enough and you say anything other than praise the lord ( I saw a calc that uses the bls numbers - we would have to create 256k a month every month starting right now to get to pre 08 level by....2016) you will be labeled a denier, nay sayer obama basher for not just sucking down the Valium/Librium & vegging out, you must conform and say yes sir sir why thank you for the dose of not even medium growth........watch, there will be the sheep coming out of the pens to take a hack here at anyone whos says different..see, I am 'talking down' the economy and hate obama..........*shrugs*

yea, when I saw the report this morning, I went to the bls pages becasue as usual, the numbers and propaganda presented to and swallowed by the public at large by the of sallow et al, is tripe.

Look some jobs is better than no jobs, of course. BUT

its about details, this jobs report and official miss, and even bigger, BLS "massaged" [i.e. birth/death record, dropped UEI rolls, etc.] report is in poorer shape than is being let on, labor participation rate is just a tick off its lowest on 30 years, and has not really moved in 7 months yet we lose a tenth of a point off the unemployment rate? PLus we all know that there are approx. 135-150k fresh bodies monthly heading out to find their first work.... :eusa_eh:

Of course nowhere do they tell you the people how have \fallen off the rolls account for that. And, it appears Canada lost 54,000 jobs, which is the equivalent of the U.S. losing 540,000, for the month.(?)

Its the same old same old, and, heres the thing Iam, this is the new paradigm being set up, if this isn't good enough and you say anything other than praise the lord ( I saw a calc that uses the bls numbers - we would have to create 256k a month every month starting right now to get to pre 08 level by....2016) you will be labeled a denier, nay sayer obama basher for not just sucking down the Valium/Librium & vegging out, you must conform and say yes sir sir why thank you for the dose of not even medium growth........watch, there will be the sheep coming out of the pens to take a hack here at anyone whos says different..see, I am 'talking down' the economy and hate obama..........*shrugs*

Exactly...thus this tongue in cheek thread.
Tell me if I am wrong, but when bush was President I remember plenty of conservatives criticizing him for all kinds of things back then...in fact, other than die-hard deniers on the right...you would be hard pressed to find a conservative who would say "Bush was a great President"...then or now.
But with Obama and the liberals - Jesus...it is like Baghdad Bob...the guy can say ANYTHING and the left believes him without question and accuses the republicans of obstructionism and uncaring if they even so much as twitch.
You would have to go back as far as Kennedy where a President could enjoy such a media holiday and devout followers. With exception to the far-left, Obama can do no wrong....even as blatant as Solyndra...no effect...still shovel in their faces anything this man or his administration says.

its barley 1020 am there right? Jesus Christ you're drunk already......seriously you're warped.

Don't like the way things are going? Don't vote for Obama in 2012. Happy days will be here again once we get another Bush or Bush clone back in the white house. Conservatives brought us those wonderous things, like 9/11, the Iraqi war, numerous stock market crashes, off and near shoring and deregulation. And boy oh boy..those tax cuts were great. Having 470:1 Executive to employee wages is doing beautiful things. The fact that so few people control so much wealth is creating peace and happiness world wide. :clap2:

Don't like the way things are going? Don't vote for Obama in 2012. Happy days will be here again once we get another Bush or Bush clone back in the white house. Conservatives brought us those wonderous things, like 9/11, the Iraqi war, numerous stock market crashes, off and near shoring and deregulation. And boy oh boy..those tax cuts were great. Having 470:1 Executive to employee wages is doing beautiful things. The fact that so few people control so much wealth is creating peace and happiness world wide. :clap2:

Just so I get this straight....you do realize that such wide gaps in wealth ratio began before 2000...right? Soooo...applying your line of thought here...Clinton is a conservative?
The Democrats who have been in control of both houses for several, several years....they are all conservatives?
Conservatives are to blame for 9/11?

Whoah....dude...that kind of talk is better left to TM and RDean

Pray fer us Rev., pray fer us...
:eusa_pray:
U.S. bishops urge Congress to extend unemployment benefits
December 12, 2011, The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops is weighing in on one of the remaining items on Congress' to-do list. In a letter that quotes Pope John Paul II, the bishops urged Congress to extend unemployment benefits for the jobless.
"The U.S. Catholic bishops have long advocated that the most effective way to build a just economy is the availability of decent work at decent wages," wrote Bishop Stephen E. Blaire, Chairman, Committee on Domestic Justice and Human Development. "When the economy fails to generate sufficient jobs, there is a moral obligation to help protect the life and dignity of unemployed workers and their families."

Benefits for the long-term unemployed are set to expire at the end of the year. While Congress appears headed to renew the payments, there are differences between Republicans and Democrats on changes to the program. Democrats generally have backed a renewal of the current system, which uses federal funds to provide up to 99 weeks of payments. House Republicans on Tuesday will vote on a bill that seeks to trim that to 50 weeks. The bishops did not weigh in on a specific proposal.

The letter quotes Pope John Paul II's encyclical letter, Laborem Exercens No. 18, written in 1981. "The obligation to provide unemployment benefits, that is to say, the duty to make suitable grants indispensable for the subsistence of unemployed workers and their families, is a duty springing from the fundamental principle of . . . the right to life and subsistence," it read.

Source

Hopefully the majority of the people WON'T vote for the radical thug idiot in Chief and his merry band of Progressive comrades in arms...
oh happy happy days

Didn't Nancy Pelosi say that more people collecting
unemployment bennies is better for the economy.
We get more bang for the buck?....

She is priceless.....

The unemployment rate will also go down if we start executing the unemployed.

I didn't know you were a death penalty proponent! :eek:

welcome aboard!!!

I didn't know you were a death penalty proponent! :eek:

welcome aboard!!!

I'm the most pro-death penalty person here.

Just so I get this straight....you do realize that such wide gaps in wealth ratio began before 2000...right? Soooo...applying your line of thought here...Clinton is a conservative?

Yes.

The Democrats who have been in control of both houses for several, several years....they are all conservatives?

Most of them are, yes.

Conservatives are to blame for 9/11?

OK, that one was a stretch, admittedly (unless you consider OBL a conservative -- which by some definitions he was).

Forum List

Back