Stop blaming the banks for the meltdown!!!

If you're not a conservative, I recommend this book: Griftopia. The reason I don't recommend it to cons is that there are a lot of unpleasant truths about righties in there :(

Taiibi rightly holds Greenspan and his Randian philosophy accountable. Greenspan forced Glass- Steagal to be repealed by allowing an illegal merger to take place beforehand. Coincidentally, it was authored and introduced bt two Republicans :eek: Surprised? :doubt:

Last edited:
OMG, now it's talking to its self..:eusa_whistle:

who cares what you're reading.

Last edited:
ANOTHER Randian :cuckoo: shows up. Did you read Atlas Farted too like all good college repubs?

bagley.jpg

Last edited:
ANOTHER Randian :cuckoo: shows up. Did you read Atlas Farted too like all good college repubs?

Yep, just as I figured, you don't know how to read, just regurgitate what you have memorized and collect silly little cartoons..

Yep, just as I figured, you don't know how to read, just regurgitate what you have memorized.

R U a Randian/Randite? Most lock-step repubs are. What books about the financial collapse under the documented Randian- Greenspan have you read Steph?

Last edited:
The prime culprit was greed, from the bankers to every in between to the lender. We are in this mess because we all got greedy as a people and as businesses and as buyers. Let's be honest, folks.

wrong wrong wrong!! Human beings did not change. They are always greedy, and of course you can't legislate a personality change. What changed is that liberals created Fanny Freddie to circumvent the free Republican market which correctly denied many people homes. The solution is to go back to a Republican free market.

You just sank your own boat. If greed is the culprit, if it is universal, then the only answer, in your logic, is more regulation. l You, Brutus, are a progressive and so are those who agreed with you then. Hobbs means more regulation.

The Banks and ONLY the banks ARE responsibile for the melddown, folks.

Denying that obvious fact is going to take turning cause and effect on its head.

Not that I have the slightest doubt that some of you are dumb enough to try, of course.

Denying that obvious fact is going to take turning cause and effect on its head.

Not that I have the slightest doubt that some of you are dumb enough to try, of course.

Bullshit, liar. The federal government created this mess by pushing them to make loans to unqualified people and giving them a federal "guarantee." Then the banks went nuts, took advantage of that "guarantee" and engaged in even more irresponsible practices. And lastly, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, who bought more house than they could afford did so with a gun pointed to their head.

They are ALL responsible, but I understand your confusion. People like you never think you are accountable for anything you do. It's always someone else's fault.

Bullshit, liar. The federal government created this mess by pushing them to make loans to unqualified people and giving them a federal "guarantee." Then the banks went nuts, took advantage of that "guarantee" and engaged in even more irresponsible practices. And lastly, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, who bought more house than they could afford did so with a gun pointed to their head.

They are ALL responsible, but I understand your confusion. People like you never think you are accountable for anything you do. It's always someone else's fault.

Do you know how unscrupulous mortgage originators were :doubt: You act as if most people were presented w/ a straight-forward contract which they weren't. People who were eligible for fixed-rate mortgages were unwittingly herded into ARM's. Add to that the people who bought houses merely to "flip" them. How many hearings have you listened to and which books have you read on the subject?

Last edited:
All Americans, public and private, and institutions, public and private, are guilty for this mess.

Greed of institutions and individuals caused it.

Period.

All Americans, public and private, and institutions, public and private, are guilty for this mess.

Greed of institutions and individuals caused it.

Period.

the chummy relation between campaign contributors (banks) and politicians helped it along. McCain was right about the influence corp money buys and his party vilified him for it.

Crony capitalism and the permanent political class, Dem and Pub, in D.C. are certainly part of it. This mess is essentially the dark side of Americans, our excessive love of $$$$

I just finished chapter 4 of Taiibi's book: Griftopia. It explains how the commercial banks speculated up up the price of gas. Good read if you want to know the facts about Wall St.

Are you seriously suggesting that someone who buys a house they can't afford has absolutely no responsibility for their predicament whatsoever?

So the bank has NO responsibility to decide who can afford a home or not?

Your insane

Agreed. There used to be something referred to as decency. After finishing chapter 4 of the book, I'm easily convinced that Paylin and Perry are Randians too :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back