Stop blaming Obama, Bush, Reps, Dems...

I blame the mysterious amount of dead voters who manage to walk the earth every election day and cast their vote for their favorate politicians as well.

Zombies: Stealing your rights everyday.

I disagree with the opinion expressed in the OP. The elections are run by Democrats and Republicans and the major candidates for political office, those with the money and the media coverage, are decided by a relatively small percentage of the general poplulation. I think it is well past time that party primaries are replaced with bipartisian elections. At the very least give us a "None of the above" choice and allow the possibility of having the 2 major parties start over from scratch.

Elections are little more than popularity contests. The same people who ruled the playground and the prom grow up to rule in politics.

I lay the blame at the feet of the nefarious bastards up to no good just as much, or more than, the American voter. Many voters can't help it they're ignorant of what's going on around them, but the ones who take advantage of these people are the problem.
Sadly, most votes cast anymore are a "best of available crooks" kinda thing anyway, for those who are even somewhat informed.

The media today keeps many good people out of politics as well.

When all that's on the menu is a crap sandwich on toast or a crap sandwich on a roll it really doesn't matter which you order, you're still gettin' a crap sandwich.

I think , We the People, need to find a way to stop the buying of our public offices. We need a cap on the amount of money that can be spent on any campaign. I think that if 501 groups campaign for a specific candidate then it ought to count against the amount that candidate has to spend. There has to be some fair way to ensure that public jobs aren't just going to the highest bidder.

Elections are little more than popularity contests. The same people who ruled the playground and the prom grow up to rule in politics.
Elected offices are for the rich or those that are willing to sell their souls for political contributions from the big multinational and special interest groups. Until we see real campaign reform, nothing in Congress is going to change regardless of which party is in control.

and start blaming the people responsible- Americans.

The politicians aren't voting themselves in. Americans- the American populace- are the problem.

I am just as tired of this as you are. We have millions of Americans that pay absolutely no attention to what is going on in local--state and federal government--but manage to make it into that voting booth every 4 years. They have no idea who or what they're voting for.

That's why there should be a mandatory test--before one is able to vote. Like what is the name of the Vice President of the U.S. for a start--:lol::lol: It's amazing how many Americans can't answer that one.

That voting is even recognized as a valid way to make decisions is pretty much disturbing. A small shred of the public robbing and snooping on their neighbor while they hide in the privacy of their ballot box.

That voting is even recognized as a valid way to make decisions is pretty much disturbing. A small shred of the public robbing and snooping on their neighbor while they hide in the privacy of their ballot box.
“It makes no difference who you vote for - the two parties are really one party representing four percent of the people”
Gore Vidal

I need an image made, but I can't draw for the life of me.

The image I'm looking for: A giant beast with the body of a hog and two heads: one of a roaring elephant and the other an ass (donkey). The heads keep snorting and roaring at eachother as the People are trampled underneath. Atop the beast's back sit the figures of several bankers, tycoons, and politicians.

Desired style: black ink ala' 50's political cartoon.

Anyone up for it? :eusa_pray:

The politicians aren't voting themselves in. Americans- the American populace- are the problem.

Nothing like reducing a highly complex problem down to a simple formula that ignores all but one factor of the problem.

It makes coming up with a solution (that won't work) so easy.

Which " Americans".
Are you talking about the folks in my neighborhood or those brainwashed, flag waving assholes living north of the Rio Grande that I refer to as Murkinz ?
If you refer to the latter you are 100% spot on.
They got exactly what they were told they wanted.

No biggie. It happened to the Germans not too long ago too.

my2¢;2446938 said:
I disagree with the opinion expressed in the OP. The elections are run by Democrats and Republicans and the major candidates for political office, those with the money and the media coverage, are decided by a relatively small percentage of the general poplulation. I think it is well past time that party primaries are replaced with bipartisian elections. At the very least give us a "None of the above" choice and allow the possibility of having the 2 major parties start over from scratch.

There are usually third party candidates on the ballot, as tough and unfair as it is for them to get on. People ignore them, however, and choose to support either the R or D even if they don't completely like them.

The OP is correct. These people only get to Congress because we've put them there.

my2¢;2446938 said:

There are usually third party candidates on the ballot, as tough and unfair as it is for them to get on. People ignore them, however, and choose to support either the R or D even if they don't completely like them.

The OP is correct. These people only get to Congress because we've put them there.

That is like saying I had my choice of deserts when I were offered a variety of ice creams but what I really wanted was pie.

my2¢;2446938 said:

Have you really looked at the third parties? They're a collection of single issue advocacy groups or extremists. None of them are realistically able to govern if put into power. Of course neither can the two "main" parties, but the current slate of minor parties doesn't exactly offer a realistic alternative. I'd give a lot for an honest to goodness decent, credible choice on the ballot.

Nothing like reducing a highly complex problem down to a simple formula that ignores all but one factor of the problem.

It makes coming up with a solution (that won't work) so easy.

There is only one problem: people keep voting for the same assholes. It's that simple, really. The problem is simple the stupidity of the American populace.

Forum List

Back