Stop being the stupid party

Tea baggers rule! :)

Just like the liberals rule now in the obama adminstration. Don't you people get it??? There are cycles in presidential elections.....the republicans rule, then the dems rule, then the repubs rules, then the dems....with one side always saying the other will win out and destroying the other. Right now the dems are pushing their agenda.....not long from now, the conservatives will be pushing theirs. Right now the idiot liberals think that their shit don't stink and they now own the world....it will be a rude awakening when their tyranny ends.

yes there are cycles. but cycles have to be broken by internal changes.

you have huge demographic problems... you turn off pretty much anyone who isn't while male and over 50...

Once again, you prove yourself to be a liberal idiot. You are another example of liberals who do nothing but try to deny/distort/distract from real issues in an attempt to prevent people from criticizing obama and his policies.

Tea baggers rule! :)

Just like the liberals rule now in the obama adminstration. Don't you people get it??? There are cycles in presidential elections.....the republicans rule, then the dems rule, then the repubs rules, then the dems....with one side always saying the other will win out and destroying the other. Right now the dems are pushing their agenda.....not long from now, the conservatives will be pushing theirs. Right now the idiot liberals think that their shit don't stink and they now own the world....it will be a rude awakening when their tyranny ends.

We, the GOP, will not get the office back until we stomp down the 'stupids' is truth.

:rofl:

when asked the about the individual aspects of the plan they were for them.

Then when aked "do you like the Obama gun laws plan" they say they hated it.

how fucking stupid is that?

This should not be surprising. Same thing happened with Affordable Care and the Public Option.

They've been like that from day one. While Obama was being sworn in the first time, the Rs were busy plotting against the US. Even though they have admitted that, there are still Americans who voted R.

Figure that one out!

Republicans really are the stupid party. They still believe that the democrats merely have political disagreements. They either can't or won't accept that democrats consider republicans enemies (although that might be changing). That's pretty stupid. Republicans should smarten up, accept that democrats have branded them enemies, and start acting accordingly.

The enemies of the GOP are not the Dems but rather the radical reactionaries from the far right. The libertarians are no one's enemies because the rest of the 98% of America know they are dummies.

There are reactionaries on both sides of the isle. In case you forgot, 48% of the country voted AGAINST obama. Are you and other liberals calling that 48% who voted against obama dummies???? Wow...and to think that the liberals were screaming about Romney making a comment about the 47%. The liberals are their insane hypocrisy at it's best!!

The most frightening thing the GObP is doing is their latest undermining of the Constitution to redistrict blue states so they can steal more votes.

We cannot allow them to do this.

If it were the Dems doing this, I'd be saying the same thing.

Republicans really are the stupid party. They still believe that the democrats merely have political disagreements. They either can't or won't accept that democrats consider republicans enemies (although that might be changing). That's pretty stupid. Republicans should smarten up, accept that democrats have branded them enemies, and start acting accordingly.

The enemies of the GOP are not the Dems but rather the radical reactionaries from the far right. The libertarians are no one's enemies because the rest of the 98% of America know they are dummies.

There are reactionaries on both sides of the isle. In case you forgot, 48% of the country voted AGAINST obama. Are you and other liberals calling that 48% who voted against obama dummies???? Wow...and to think that the liberals were screaming about Romney making a comment about the 47%. The liberals are their insane hypocrisy at it's best!!

Gwennie, you are not a conservative, simply a radical reactionary. I am not a liberal. We GOP cannot win the presidency again until we stop being the part of stupid, warring against women and minorities. The demographics will not change.

Wise up.

"We’ve got to stop being the stupid party,” he said. “It's time for a new Republican party that talks like adults. It's time for us to articulate our plans and visions for America in real terms. It’s no secret we had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I’m here to say, ‘We’ve had enough of that.’ ”

As we see the evidence in this thread, there will be considerable push-back from blind partisans and the radical right.

The sad fact is republicans can become relevant again, not by ‘becoming democrats’ or ‘abandoning their values/principles,’ but by simply returning to whom they were before the madness of the social right and fiscal extremists.

There is no list of sane Democrats, however.

They are all Reid and Obama clones. In other words, removed from reality loons.

I'll tell you about all you right wing clowns. You praised George Bush when he cut taxes for the rich then watched him start two wars, one totally unnecessary and after assuming a balanced budget with surpluses ptojected all the way to the outyears ended up doubling the national debt. A chip off the old block.....Reagan and his daddy quadrupled it. I was a Republican when they stood for balanced budgets, small government and individual rights. Now they stand for corporations and the rich.

And then you vote for those Rich Democrats who just want's to raise people taxes and who also are involved with all those corporations as your Representatives

cute rant though

Yeah....I noticed how the Republicans fought tooth and toenail till they got middle class upped to $400,000 a year. Do you know what the real middle class(what's left of it) earns in America? About $55,000 a year. Do you realize how much $400,000 is? It's about $35,000 a MONTH

Like I said....the modern Republuican party stands for the rich and corporations. Until they change some very basic things in their party they'll never win another presidential race.

Why can't republicans be more cuddly?

And therein lies the problem.....48% is not 50%

That 48% seems a lot more likely to get smaller than get larger

I'll tell you about all you right wing clowns. You praised George Bush when he cut taxes for the rich then watched him start two wars, one totally unnecessary and after assuming a balanced budget with surpluses ptojected all the way to the outyears ended up doubling the national debt. A chip off the old block.....Reagan and his daddy quadrupled it. I was a Republican when they stood for balanced budgets, small government and individual rights. Now they stand for corporations and the rich.

And then you vote for those Rich Democrats who just want's to raise people taxes and who also are involved with all those corporations as your Representatives

cute rant though

Yeah....I noticed how the Republicans fought tooth and toenail till they got middle class upped to $400,000 a year. Do you know what the real middle class(what's left of it) earns in America? About $55,000 a year. Do you realize how much $400,000 is? It's about $35,000 a MONTH

Like I said....the modern Republuican party stands for the rich and corporations. Until they change some very basic things in their party they'll never win another presidential race.

We don't see you whining about all the taxes Obama has hit the middle class with. right off the bat, the highest cigarette taxes of any president...guess who the hell that hurts more?
oh but you hate cigarettes so it doesn't matter it hurts the MIDDLE CLASS
and now we have OBAMATAX getting ready to hit us..And he's crowing because he got taxes RAISED on the so called wealthy, a number he pulled out of his ass that is considered, wealthy..But like you said, the Democrats are the party for the little guy, the middle class, RIGHT?...you my dear are a ranting hypocrite

Last edited:
One Tough-Talking Nerd: Bobby Jindal Brands Himself as Republican Reformer - NationalJournal.com

Bobby Jindal comments from last night

"We’ve got to stop being the stupid party,” he said. “It's time for a new Republican party that talks like adults. It's time for us to articulate our plans and visions for America in real terms. It’s no secret we had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I’m here to say, ‘We’ve had enough of that.’ ”

“The first step in getting the voters to like us is to demonstrate that we like them.”

I'm not going all gooey over "Piyush" like some in the media are.

His premise is not that Republicans should drop their stupid mean-spirited policies on abortion. "Piyush" still signed ultrasound laws and other nonsense to placate the whacky anti-Choice nutters. He just thinks they need to stop saying stupid stuff like putting adjectives in front of the world "rape".

"Piyush" doesn't support programs to help poor and working people, he thinks that the Republican need to stop making dumb comments about "makers and takers" and the "47%" and "I like to fire people".

I guess when you go around calling yourself "Bobby" instead of "Piyush", you really think that just relabelling something changes it.

cute rant though

We don't see you whining about all the taxes Obama has hit the middle class with. right off the bat, the highest cigarette taxes of any president...guess who the hell that hurts more?
oh but you hate cigarettes so it doesn't matter it hurts the MIDDLE CLASS
and now we have OBAMATAX getting ready to hit us..And he's crowing because he got taxes RAISED on the so called wealthy, a number he pulled out of his ass that is considered, wealthy..But like you said, the Democrats are the party for the little guy, the middle class, RIGHT?...you my dear are a ranting hypocrite

People who are stupid enough to continue to smoke tobacco products need their heads examined. As long as I've been alive we've had sin taxes......'course I'm just 78. The biggest blunders ever made by politicians are outlined and highlighted in my signature line.

Last edited:
“The first step in getting the voters to like us is to demonstrate that we like them.”

You know you've fucked up when these words even need to be spoken.

But many of them don't even know it. Still. Somehow. They'll deny it.

Breathtaking.

Actually, I have to say, I think if anyone is being disingenous here, it's Piyush.

Yes, what Akin and Murdoch said was pretty stupid. But they were standing on a principle. If you think life really does begin at conception, then even the babies of rapists deserve protection.

Piyush just thinks they need to replace this...

poison.jpg

with this...

smiley-face1.gif

without changing the contents.

A real change would be to say, "We think abortion is wrong, but we recognize it is the law of the land, and we aren't going to try to change it. We are instead going to dedicate ourselves to promoting policies that reduce the need for abortion, such as improved sex education, stronger supports for poor working families, universal health care and paid family and medical leave."

THAT would be really changing things.

Forum List

Back