Stop all these Political Polls NOW!

bornright

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Texas
I really think that the political polls influence the election. Should it? I have tremendous doubt if the polls are taken in a fair and impartial manner. Often the information obtained is misread by the polsters sometimes in which is intentional. Lets just vote and let that determine the outcome.

Has anybody ever recieved a call for one of these polls at a good time? I generally just hang up.

I really think that the political polls influence the election. Should it? I have tremendous doubt if the polls are taken in a fair and impartial manner. Often the information obtained is misread by the polsters sometimes in which is intentional. Lets just vote and let that determine the outcome.

They do, the always have though more now in the Information Age. Many Polls are clearly not taken in an Impartial Manner.

Pay close attention to the Sample size, the Party Affiliation break down of those Polled, and whether they are Likely Voters or not. The most common way they skew polls is to over sample 1 side or the other. Many of the Polls that have been showing Obama with a small lead have for instance been out sampling Dems over Republicans by about 7%, OR about the same as the 2008 Election Turn out results. Problem is nobody is expecting the Democrats to Enjoy a 7% plus Turn out advantage in 2012, so the Polls are skewed to Favor Obama, and create a sense of Inevitability and thereby effect turn out.

Has anybody ever recieved a call for one of these polls at a good time? I generally just hang up.

I actually got a Call from a Polling place and it was a real Live Human being which was shocking, and didn't work out to well for them. Because I kept questioning the Way they worded questions and limited choices. One of the questions was whether you were pro choice or Pro Life, and I refused to answer because I don't think it is that black and white. I support Choice to a point, but I really don't like seeing it abused, I don't like the Idea of Sex Selection Abortions for Example, They want to put us all in Groups and say 41% are Pro Choice and 52% are Pro life, But which group would they put me in?

lol

It's how you word the question and who you ask? A good pollster can skewer the data any way he or she wants to get any result he or she wants.

Hmmm, so which freedom of speech or assembly acts do you think we ought to continue to allow?

Hmmm, so which freedom of speech or assembly acts do you think we ought to continue to allow?

Any speech or assembly acts that does not interfer with my rights or does not corrupt the selection of someone through an election.

Any speech or assembly acts that does not interfer with my rights or does not corrupt the selection of someone through an election.
And who decides what corrupts?

I'm not sure if the polls influence the general electorate as much as you think. The polls are all over the place. Who's ;paying attention to the polls? The campaigns and bloggers, mostly.

Forum List

Back