Stones #1 Again!!!!!

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Nice job lads - Exile on Main St., perhaps the single greatest rock album of all time, enjoys a second round of success with the epic reissue this past week. The quality of the reissue is simply awesome, and the album has deservedly won the #1 spot - the band's first #1 in sixteen years.

In the words of the great riffmaster himself, "You've got the sun, you've got the moon, and you've got the Rolling Stones.
-Keith Richards

The vid for their once unreleased Following the River. What a beautiful song...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZg4Ai3Mq1o]YouTube - The Rolling Stones - Following The River[/ame]

By the way, this new #1 album gives the Stones the distinction of enjoying a #1 album in five different decades.

That is simply amazing...

Nice job lads - Exile on Main St., perhaps the single greatest rock album of all time, enjoys a second round of success with the epic reissue this past week. The quality of the reissue is simply awesome, and the album has deservedly won the #1 spot - the band's first #1 in sixteen years.

In the words of the great riffmaster himself, "You've got the sun, you've got the moon, and you've got the Rolling Stones.
-Keith Richards

YouTube - The Rolling Stones - Following The River

what are they now in their 80's?......

Stones?!? Who doesn't LOVE the Stones?!?!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMAJUPVj_a0]YouTube - the flintstones 1 of 3[/ame]

-Keith Richards

Not quite - but certainly examples of how one need not diminish merely due to passing of the years.

If you have never seen a Stones concert, you best do it next time, for it will most likely be the last... (Stones insiders are giving hints of this - something they have never done before)

-Keith Richards

Not quite - but certainly examples of how one need not diminish merely due to passing of the years.

If you have never seen a Stones concert, you best do it next time, for it will most likely be the last... (Stones insiders are giving hints of this - something they have never done before)

I saw their first farewell show back in 82...? 83?

Nope 1981. I was at this show-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWYxCtT6Ewo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWYxCtT6Ewo[/ame]

Last edited:

____

The Stones have never had a farewell concert tour - the media has always speculated that each tour "could be the last".

Keith always responded with, "Yeah, this one and the next five..."

The impending 2011 tour, marking 50 years as a band, is being whispered as the actual swan song though. And what a remarkable run it has been.

I was too young to attend 1981 - did not start seeing the Stones until Voodoo Lounge. Many many shows since then though...

____

The Stones have never had a farewell concert tour - the media has always speculated that each tour "could be the last".

The impending 2011 tour, marking 50 years as a band, is being whispered as the actual swan song though. And what a remarkable run it has been.

I was too young to attend 1981 - did not start seeing the Stones until Voodoo Lounge. Many many shows since then though...

I was there. From the beginning it was said to be the farewell tour.

____

But not by the Stones.

I am something of a Stones historian - and rather famous/infamous in that regard...:eusa_shhh:

At any rate - 1981 is widely viewed as the last tour the Stones were still "dangerous" - not yet gone over completely to the corporate side. Hey, the guys have made BILLIONS touring, so more power to them.

You see Shine a Light? Check it out. The lads still got it. A kick ass show, which actually filmed as good as the live gig gave. Jagger was unbelievable. Chaz was rock solid as always. Ronnie was Ronnie - and dear Keith was da man, still managing to give off an aura of subtle danger while settling well into his seventh decade on earth.

____

But not by the Stones.

I am something of a Stones historian - and rather famous/infamous in that regard...:eusa_shhh:

At any rate - 1981 is widely viewed as the last tour the Stones were still "dangerous" - not yet gone over completely to the corporate side. Hey, the guys have made BILLIONS touring, so more power to them.

You see Shine a Light? Check it out. The lads still got it. A kick ass show, which actually filmed as good as the live gig gave. Jagger was unbelievable. Chaz was rock solid as always. Ronnie was Ronnie - and dear Keith was da man, still managing to give off an aura of subtle danger while settling well into his seventh decade on earth.

Well good for you.

____

I think they meant Farewell to the UK, not to their audience. 1971 was the year they launched their own record label - not the thing to do before retirement.

But not by the Stones.

Well good for you.

Check out a Youtube clip of Shine a Light - look behind the row of girls the film crew brought in to pretty up the area by stage - left side. There were two shows used for the film. I got a bracelet for one of the two. Man oh man was that a night.

"Keeeeeeiiiiiiiithaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfTRJ3ZtluM&feature=related]YouTube - Shattered[/ame]

____

I think they meant Farewell to the UK, not to their audience. 1971 was the year they launched their own record label - not the thing to do before retirement.

81 not 71.

thats ok....i dont need to see a bunch of near cadavers .....and i certainly dont need to see a guy who looks 75 prancing around with a mid-riff on....if you seen them in the early 70's....then you seen them at their best.....after Mick Taylor left is when i dropped off....sorry...knock yourself out though....

thats ok....i dont need to see a bunch of near cadavers .....and i certainly dont need to see a guy who looks 75 prancing around with a mid-riff on....if you seen them in the early 70's....then you seen them at their best.....after Mick Taylor left is when i dropped off....sorry...knock yourself out though....

The Taylor years were great - no doubt. Poor MT is having some serious health issues these days. He was a Stone for about five years and it almost killed him!

As for the Stones present day - they can still bring it, and the overall quality of their live performances remain top-notch.

Again - check out this diddy from the concert film Shine a Light.

The sublime Some Girls...oh sweets is this a great rock tune...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i72TShNsv9E&feature=related]YouTube - The Rolling Stones - Some Girls - Live 2006[/ame]

New Topics

Forum List

Back