Stone the Philthy Phornicators.

Your either on the wrong thread, or you don't understand what happened.

This wasn't a law, it wasn't about infringing on the right of the United States.

It was a simple declaration of principle. You're shadow boxing against phantom threats that have nothing to do with this thread.

Its a simple question. Do you think homosexuals should be treated as criminals anywhere in the world?

I stated my opinion and the reason for it. You don't like it then too bad. I can and will post in any thread I choose too.

The UN passing resolutions, declarations, etc. have a direct impact on our national law whether you want to admit that or not. I see such actions as outside the bounds of UN responsibility. That has EVERYTHING to do with this thread.

What I personally think about the criminalization/decriminalization of homosexuality has nothing to do with this thread.

I didn't say RELIGIOUS authority. I said moral authority. To me, not discriminating against people for what they're born is moral.

I think you're right insofar as the Security Council is concerned. I was thinking of some of the stupidity that has come out of the UN.

But we should be signing on to this one.

Hmm ... I suppose there is some merit to your arguement IF you accept the fact that morality and religion can be and often are intertwined.

Without having read the declaration as proposed, I will accept that there may be legal reasons why the US and other nations did not sign it. I would not expect this nation to just sign any declaration, resolution or even parking ticket from the UN without reading and understanding what it says and implies first.

This wasn't a law, it wasn't about infringing on the right of the United States.

It was a simple declaration of principle. You're shadow boxing against phantom threats that have nothing to do with this thread.

Its a simple question. Do you think homosexuals should be treated as criminals anywhere in the world?

I thought we were supposed to keep our noses out of what goes on in the rest of the world???

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
Lame effort at trolling.

Although I'm glad you and RSG are on the same side of this issue. I wouldn't want to be on the side of homophobes.

I do not understand...you asked a direct question and he gave a direct answer then you call it trolling....weird.

So we continue wasting money funding the US that has no real power whatsoever... to state something we already have in place in our country

fucking brilliant :rolleyes:

We do not dictate how they write their laws in Burma or Thailand or Uganda or Paraguay or Luxembourg... if they have a constitutional law against the act of homosexuality... I won't agree with it, but it is not our place to force them to take that law off their books... could we bring it up in international talks (that we have without the UN's involvement anyway)? Yep. Could we use it as a bargaining chip in negotiations for something? Yep...

But... just more evidence of how truly stupid and useless the UN truly is

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
If the USA had signed it, they would have had to offer political amnesty to every homosexual in every nation which makes homosexuality a crime.

Now that may not be a bad thing, but I doubt the USA is prepared to do that.

Wow! This enlightened position puts us in bed with Iran, Saudi Arabia and other world leaders in human freedom. If some Americans had their way, it would be a crime punishable by stoning or at least being sentenced to watch Fox News for a whole week.

Come on Gayboy USMC, stop whining. Your boy won and he will make things all comfy for you. Just relax and untwist your panties. With Amsterdam doing away with the Red Light District and Obama moving into the White House, he will name Barney Frank the new Red Light Czar and this nation will explode in a new sexual revolution. :whip:

I think that a nation should be FREE to create its own laws. And we should stay out of it unless we have some other reason to feel a need to impose our will on them. Some kind of actual national reason.

I bet you are one of those that whines and bellyaches about the war on terror demanding to know by what right we wish to enforce our will on other nations? But this, you have no problem with. There is a word for you.

Forum List

Back