Stone;s sentence of 9 years (more than if a gun is brandished) because he threatened a dog!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Caroline Court is a federal Defense Attorney and writes...
Why A Nine-Year Prison Sentence For Roger Stone Is Insane
I’m a federal criminal defense attorney. The range of prison time the government asked for Roger Stone shocked me as unduly high given the non-violent nature of the underlying crimes.

if you use a gun during a crime of violence or drug trafficking, the guidelines range is 60 months; if you brandish a gun during the same, the guidelines range is 84 months.

The government pointed to two particular comments by Stone to a witness:
“Prepare to die, c-cksucker” and him threatening to “take that dog away from you.”

When I did a quick search of D.C. Circuit cases applying this enhancement, I couldn’t find anything. That’s not to say it would never apply, but the infrequency which with the enhancement seems to be used is somewhat telling.

Why A Nine-Year Prison Sentence For Roger Stone Is Insane

So why did
More than 2,000 former DOJ officials call on Attorney General William Barr to resign
More than 2,000 former DOJ officials call on Attorney General William Barr to resign

They say...
"Political interference in the conduct of a criminal prosecution is anathema to the Department's core mission and to its sacred obligation to ensure equal justice under the law," according to the group, which has been critical of the administration in the past.

The nonpartisan, nonprofit group said that the attorney general has "flouted" that fundamental principal.

Now the "non-profit group "Protect Democracy" was behind this project.
The Protect Democracy Project (PDP) is a left-of-center litigation organization created to oppose the policies of President Donald Trump.
Protect Democracy Project (PDP)

In summary Stone to have a GREATER sentence 9 years... than a criminal who brandish a gun during a crime of violence or drug trafficking,!
Explain to me then doesn't this look like bias 2,000 DOJ officials sponsored by a group that opposes Trump?
By the way... to show again the bias of the MSM...
this statement "The nonpartisan, nonprofit group said that the attorney general has "flouted" is from ABC news! Total wrong statement "nonpartisan"! WRONG!

Last edited:
1. Stone was prosecuted by 2 of Mueller's lawyers. Think they have an axe to grind?
2. The jury foreman is an democrat attorney that has a definite bias against anything Trump or GOP
3. Did the prosecution know her bias? Why didn't she recuse?
4. The judge needs to question her, knowing that she is an attorney. I hope the judge disbars her for her crime against Stone.
5. After the judge questions the foreman she needs to declare a mistrial and see if the DOJ wants to try again.

Forum List

Back