Stolen Valor Act

Exactly so. I suspect the law will be rewritten in a form that WILL pass constitutional muster and passed in that form...AFTER the elections that is.

Right now, it doesn't matter WHAT the House of Representatives passes. Harry Reid will not let ANYTHING that originates and passed through the House to come to a vote in the Senate!

All though, since it has already been a felony to impersonate a soldier for like a 150 years...I'm not sure just exactly how it really needs to be expanded. Probably need to figure out how to put enough teeth into sentencing to make it not worth the risk for any low life who might get a wild hair.

Slap a few of the morons down hard enough and put the fear in the wannabes!

And JD would be correct, it is illegal to wear the uniform and try to pass yourself off as an active duty troop. Not illegal to tell a prospective new boss that you are a highly decorated veteran.... Of course many places would ask for a copy of your 214...........

Not necessarily Ollie, on several job interviews I went to they didn't even know what a 214 was, they took my word on my service.

And JD would be correct, it is illegal to wear the uniform and try to pass yourself off as an active duty troop. Not illegal to tell a prospective new boss that you are a highly decorated veteran.... Of course many places would ask for a copy of your 214...........

Not necessarily Ollie, on several job interviews I went to they didn't even know what a 214 was, they took my word on my service.

Well, true, but in many places companies can get a tax break for hiring a vet. Circuit City was very adamant about getting your 214.... the home improvement company I worked for could have cared less.

Well, true, but in many places companies can get a tax break for hiring a vet. Circuit City was very adamant about getting your 214.... the home improvement company I worked for could have cared less.

The only jobs that wanted to see my 214 were government jobs, state jobs and contracting jobs overseas, everyone else could really care less to be honest and they just took my word on my service. I even offered to show my DD 214 to them and they were like no need.

A friend of mine who got a Bad Conduct discharge managed to land a pretty decent gig with a shipping company in Los Angeles, he had all the experience with Supply in the Air Force and they took his word on his service and didn't even check to see why he was thrown out of the Military.

Some companies are stupid..... When I was the GM for that home improvement company I would do the initial interviews for new hires, I always asked about veteran status and for a 214. The owner made the final decisions though and he had no clue what a 214 was........

Some companies are stupid..... When I was the GM for that home improvement company I would do the initial interviews for new hires, I always asked about veteran status and for a 214. The owner made the final decisions though and he had no clue what a 214 was........

Its part of that growing disconnect between the civilian sector and veterans/retirees, most civilians have no idea about anything about the Military. You won't believe how many times people ask me how many Hajis I killed.

Forum List

Back