Stolen pizza logo will not save Democrat Party in OH

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Democratic Party Steals Logo From the Pizza Place Where I Used to Work - Chris Good - Politics - The Atlantic
(See logo's at link)
The Democratic Party unveiled a new logo this morning, and, seeing the new insignia for the first time today on the party's revamped website, I thought it looked familiar.

Not without reason. It suspiciously resembles the logo for the pizza place where I used to work in St. Louis--a small independent chain called Dewey's Pizza, based in Ohio.

*UPDATE: My hunch was correct. A Democratic National Committee spokeswoman declined to comment on the undeniably striking resemblance.

Not my all time favorite, however Dewey's IS the best pizza in Cincinnati bar none. However I will not be tricked by the Democrats rebranding no matter how much their new logo makes my stomach purr and my mouth water. "Big D" will lose Ohio bigtime to "Big R" in 2010 and don't think that will not have implications in 2012 as well. Nice try Dims but no dice. My vote will not be swayed by thoughts of cheesy goodness.

SurveyUSA Election Poll #17045

2 Weeks Until Voting Begins in Ohio, Republicans Set to Take-Away Statehouse, Hold Voinovich's Open U.S. Senate Seat: In an election for Ohio Governor today, 09/14/10, former 12th District Republican Congressman John Kasich defeats incumbent Democrat Ted Strickland 52% to 40% to retake the Ohio statehouse, according to this SurveyUSA poll conducted exclusively for WCMH-TV Columbus.

In the race for Ohio's open US Senate seat, Republican Rob Portman today edges Democrat Lee Fisher 49% to 40%. Among men, Portman leads by 22 points; among women, Fisher leads by 3 -- a 25 point gender gap. Among whites, Portman leads 5:4; among blacks, Fisher leads 3:1. Twice as many Democrats cross party lines as do Republicans; Independents split. Portman, a former US Trade Representative and former federal budget director, is significantly ahead in the Cincinnati, Toledo, and Dayton areas; voters elsewhere split. Incumbent Republican George Voinovich is not seeking a 3rd term.

Hat tip time for HA's crew

Hot Air's Ed Morrissey ads, "That has implications down ballot as well. Several Ohio Democrats in the House are already fighting to keep their seats in a hostile environment, including Steve Dreihaus, Mary Jo Kilroy, and Betty Sutton. A landslide at the top of the ticket will almost certainly mean a wipeout in the House races, even if they had not already been in trouble." Too right.

Also from HA...
Hot Air DNC?s bombshell ?major announcement? revealed: They?ve ? got a new logo
(Allahpundit really got the ball rolling)

Say what you will about The One’s omnipresent emblem from 2008, but purely as a piece of graphic design, it was great work: Visually pleasing, patriotically colored, contoured to recall his initial and a rising sun — bravura stuff.

The new one looks like something Tim Kaine did himself, half-drunk, after a single Photoshop tutorial, with a ten-minute deadline. In fact, click here and scroll down to view the two side by side; the stylistic degeneration from two years ago to today captures perfectly how America’s view of Democrats has deteriorated. Three: I’m frankly ashamed that I didn’t predict this yesterday. I figured the “major announcement” would have something to do with their online organization, but how could anyone not have guessed that it would involve a logo?

Better “branding” and salesmanship are always, always their solutions to their political problems; the policies themselves are brilliant, so how could anything except poor “messaging” explain a decline in the polls? Consider this an absurd yet perfectly foreseeable extension of that logic. GOP tsunami coming in November? Time to go nuclear, then: New logo.

:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back