Stockton and Jordan inducted into Hall of Fame

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
John Stockton gets inducted into Hall of Fame today | Top Stories | KREM.com | News for Spokane, Washington

Spokane basketball legend John Stockton will be inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, MA on Friday, September 11 at 3:30 p.m. Pacific Time.

John Stockton
This class of hall-of-famers is being called a class like no other. Along with John, Michael Jordan, David Robinson, Jerry Sloan and Vivian Stringer are being inducted.

This morning the group was part of a news conference, each complimenting the others when asked questions by the reporters. John talked about fond memories riding to and from games on the bus with his teammates, his friendship with Karl Malone, the support of his family and what he misses about the game
(they also have video of stocton's speech on the link I posted)
Hall of Fame: Michael Jordan gets final accolade with induction - ESPN

Michael Jordan, maybe the greatest of them all, has taken his place alongside basketball's other greats.

And he never forgot anyone who motivated him to get there.

Jordan was enshrined in the Hall of Fame on Friday night, a final honor that followed all the championship rings and MVP trophies he collected during his career.

From the high school coach who cut him to the last player to defend him in the NBA finals, Jordan remembered everyone who did something to bring out the competitiveness that carried him to the top of basketball.

"I'd do anything to win," he said.

Michael Jordan deserves more than the hall. I agreed with a commentator the other night who said his number should be retired by the league. "His number hanging from the rafters above just like all those times we looked up as Air Jordan descended upon the hoop."

I had the pleasure of watching them several times from the sidelines though I never had the pleasure to play against them. Stockton's vision, huge hands, coordination, and unflappable attitude made him the second or third best point guard of all time. Jordan's simple ability to move with the ball and his metaphorical "let's cut their throats and jump up and down on their bodies as they bleed out on the floor" competitiveness contributed to the greatest basketball player since the beginning of the league.

stocton is like GOd around here, I believe they retired his number at Gonzaga Prep and GU also.
His assist record will probably never be broken, no one is even close to him.
and Jordan like Robert said deserves more, there will never be a player like either one of them again.

2 of the greats of our time. I loved watching John Stockton play, and at Gonzaga, hell, he put them on the map, and of course MJ has no peer.

you should watch the video on the local station I posted, he talks about the old buses they used to ride in at GU because their program didn't have the money.
Just say they have been talking about this for a few weeks here.

I had the pleasure of watching them several times from the sidelines though I never had the pleasure to play against them. Stockton's vision, huge hands, coordination, and unflappable attitude made him the second or third best point guard of all time. Jordan's simple ability to move with the ball and his metaphorical "let's cut their throats and jump up and down on their bodies as they bleed out on the floor" competitiveness contributed to the greatest basketball player since the beginning of the league.
stockton actually helps coach my neices league bball team along with a his old coach from when he was younger.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7EUnHIH8pg]YouTube - NBA at 50: John Stockton (biography)[/ame]

could karl malone be as good as he was without stockton?

KM became the greatest power forward in hoop history because of Stockton. Stockton, of course, got some help toward his future playing with KM. I loved watching those guys play, though I despised the dirtiness of the Jazz' play. The entire team lived in the middle of floppville.

Along with Luci's question,

Would Scotty Pippen have been a bigger star if he wasn't in Michael Jordon's shadow? What if he had played his glory years somewhere else?

:eusa_think:

Forum List

Back