Stocks soar: Dow climbs 206

...it isn't helping them in the 8 to 9% unempolyment..or that 4 dollars for a gallon of gas, or almost 5 dollars for a gallon of milk
...Democrats are damn good for the market.
--and don't forget the third point that Republicans are only good for Wall St. and the Democrats are the party for Main St.

Some how I keep hearing those three points and rarely does anyone point out the contradiction there.

here's the number's for you I know how challenged you are:

Reagan +138%, Bush Sr. + 46% Clinton +225% Bush Jr. -22% Obama + 61%

If you are in the market, damn right you are better off than you were four years ago!!

ooooooooooooooooooo, SOARS

too bad it isn't helping them in the 8 to 9% unempolyment..or that 4 dollars for a gallon of gas, or almost 5 dollars for a gallon of milk

I remember paying less than a buck a gallon for gas, before Bush Jr. came to town, them oilmen they sure know how to drive up oil don't they?

...it isn't helping them in the 8 to 9% unempolyment..or that 4 dollars for a gallon of gas, or almost 5 dollars for a gallon of milk
--and don't forget the third point that Republicans are only good for Wall St. and the Democrats are the party for Main St.

Some how I keep hearing those three points and rarely does anyone point out the contradiction there.

here's the number's for you I know how challenged you are:

Reagan +138%, Bush Sr. + 46% Clinton +225% Bush Jr. -22% Obama + 61%

If you are in the market, damn right you are better off than you were four years ago!!

So then big bonuses on Wall Street despite Barry's army of 25 million unemployed!! It makes a liberals heart soar?????

ooooooooooooooooooo, SOARS

too bad it isn't helping them in the 8 to 9% unempolyment..or that 4 dollars for a gallon of gas, or almost 5 dollars for a gallon of milk

My gas is about $3.30 a gallon and they pump it into my tank full service.
A gallon of milk as only $3.59. I expect gas prices to go down along with milk in the future.
It must suck living in your area.

Love'em or hate'em the Democrats are damn good for the market.

Doubled the market in four years

The number representing the DJIA may be up representing price, but there is no value.
The only people making money are day traders and speculators looking for a quick buck.
Years ago the DJIA was used as an accurate measuring stick of the nation's economic health.
Now, there is a 100% disconnect.

this is what happnes to a party when they just back a flase narrative to try and win an election.

The internets dont allow your party to lie with empunity anymore.

You get caught in every lie.

lately lies are all your party has been relying on.
Learn to spell, punctuate and above all write above the level of a third grader.
You are one stupid little wench.

this is what happnes to a party when they just back a flase narrative to try and win an election.

The internets dont allow your party to lie with empunity anymore.

You get caught in every lie.

lately lies are all your party has been relying on.

dear, Krugman calls this a depression. He's a great great liberal with a Nobel Prize. Why not tell us where he's mistaken. Maybe, unlike you, he's never heard of the stockmarket???

electionsnp.png

Maybe not.

guess what if you claim this is not on the Bernake news then you have to settle for the fact that it is caused by the German scotus telling the world they will act to back the failing economies in europe.

either way your ideas have been proven false you dumb cons
Wait a minute, Germany has a Supreme Court in the US? When did this happen? :confused:

The Germans SCOTUS applies to certain jurisdictions in Pennsylvania. :tongue:

Of course it does: Lancaster Cty, where the PA 'Dutch' live : ))

:poop:Stocks soar- ?

Yea, sure you :asshole: !

Stocks slide after gloomy report on retail sales | Comcast

Stock indexes moved lower in light trading on Wall Street Wednesday. Strong earnings from Abercrombie & Fitch were offset by a gloomy report on retail spending from the government.

The Dow Jones industrial average was down 56 points at 12,692 shortly after noon. The Standard & Poor's 500 index slipped four points to 1,370 and the Nasdaq composite was down four points at 2,879.

Last edited:
:poop:Stocks soar- ?

Yea, sure you :asshole: !

Stocks slide after gloomy report on retail sales | Comcast

Stock indexes moved lower in light trading on Wall Street Wednesday. Strong earnings from Abercrombie & Fitch were offset by a gloomy report on retail spending from the government.

The Dow Jones industrial average was down 56 points at 12,692 shortly after noon. The Standard & Poor's 500 index slipped four points to 1,370 and the Nasdaq composite was down four points at 2,879.

Yes ! I'm sure.

EW YORK (AP) — The stock market staged a huge rally Thursday after investors got the aggressive economic help they wanted from the Federal Reserve.
The Dow Jones industrial average spiked more than 200 points and cleared 13,500 for the first time since the beginning of the Great Recession. The average is within 625 points of its all-time high.
The Fed said it would buy $40 billion of mortgage securities a month until the economy improves. It left open the possibilities of buying other assets and of buying long after the recovery picks up.
The central bank also extended its pledge of super-low short-term interest rates into 2015, and extended a program to drive down long-term rates.
It was the package known as QE3 — a third round of quantitative easing, in market-speak. And it was just what investors were hoping for.
"They're saying that the punch bowl, the fuel for the economy, isn't going away — it's going to be here as long as you need it," said Tony Fratto, a former aide to President George W. Bush and managing partner at Hamilton Place Strategies, a policy consulting firm in Washington.
The Dow closed up 206.51 points, the seventh-biggest gain this year, at 13,539.86, its highest close since the last days of December 2007, the first month of the recession.
The broader Standard & Poor's 500 index was up 23.43 points at 1,459.99, also its highest since December 2007. The Nasdaq composite index, which has been trading at its highest levels since 2000, was up 41.52 at 3,155.83.

The Associated Press: The Fed steps in, and stocks soar: Dow climbs 206

Is that before or after it fell 300 because Obama got reelected?

The market is down 7.5% since October high....we are officially entering into correction territory.
If one was so strangely inclined, you would find that in early October I said that November was going to be ugly. Am I psychic? No. I run a business...so therefore I watch raw material sales and manufacturing data which had a lousy 3rd quarter....thus market raction to that is not going to be good. Add in the whole fiscal cliff thing and obama's promise to spend to high heaven while taxing small businesses...and it is no small wonder why we haven't fallen further.

Interestingly the markets recovered nicely right after your post and November ended up down only about 1.5%.

So given your beliefs have you not invested in the stock market since QE started way back when? I mean it is easy to post in message boards about personal finance and investing, but it seems to me those that are most skeptical of investing in the stock market don't really have any assets to invest anyway.

Did sit on the sidelines talking about the pin as those who invested have reaped huge increases in portfolio value? If not, what alternate investments did you jump on instead?

So given your beliefs have you not invested in the stock market since QE started way back when? I mean it is easy to post in message boards about personal finance and investing, but it seems to me those that are most skeptical of investing in the stock market don't really have any assets to invest anyway.

Did sit on the sidelines talking about the pin as those who invested have reaped huge increases in portfolio value?
If not, what alternate investments did you jump on instead?
Since the dollar is worth less, there is no increase in value.

Wake the hell up.

Forum List

Back