Stocks soar as confidence builds

There is no way the Right can accept any improvement in the Economy...not now.

Funny thing is when ever a republican is in power, and you say the stock market is doing good. Liberals tell us that it means nothing, It is only rich people getting richer, Now you are all cheering it on :)

That said, it is indeed a promising sign. Now if we can just get some Private Sector Jobs things might start to feel up.

Last edited:
There is no way the Right can accept any improvement in the Economy...not now.

Funny thing is when ever a republican is in power, and you say the stock market is doing good. Liberals tell us that it means nothing, It is only rich people getting richer, Now you are all cheering it on :)

:eusa_shhh: Let them have their moment.

Umm let me think.. NO!!! When have they ever let me have my moment. It is True, They have a double standard for everything. Normally the Stock Market going up is just a sign of the Rich Getting Richer. When they were talking down the Economy under Bush they constantly said the fact the Stock market was still strong Was Meaningless. Then when it tanked they pointed to it as a sign they were right all along, and now they are cheering a few good days as a sign that Obama has fixed everything.

I am sick and tired of letting them live by their Double standard.

If the Market doing Well is a good sign now, Which I agree it is, then it Damn well is a good sign when a Republican is in Power as well. Let me book mark this page so in 2012 if a Republican is in Power and I point to a good day on the stock market, I can quote these guys saying it is a good thing, as they claim it means nothing.

Last edited:

Umm let me think.. NO!!! When have they ever let me have my moment. It is True, They have a double standard for everything. Normally the Stock Market going up is just a sign of the Rich Getting Richer. When they were talking down the Economy under Bush they constantly said the fact the Stock market was still strong Was Meaningless. Then when it tanked they pointed to it as a sign they were right all along, and now they are cheering a few good days as a sign that Obama has fixed everything.

If the Market doing Well is a good sign now, Which I agree it is, then it Damn well is a good sign when a Republican is in Power as well. Let me book mark this page so in 2012 if a Republican is in Power and I point to a good day on the stock market, I can quote these guys saying it is a good thing, as they claim it means nothing.

How did that Bush market turn out by the way?

Pretty well for the most part

That is not the point Chris and you know it. We all know how it ended under Bush

the point is you need to Be honest for once. You guys have told us many times in the past that the stock market doing good is meaningless to most Americans. You have said it is just the rich getting richer.

Now you acknowledge the truth, that MOST Americans are invested in one way or another, and good news on the stock market is good news for us all. I Just wish you could man up, and admit that when a Republican is in power you do not hold the same view of the stock market.

I am man enough to admit that it is doing well today, and that is a good sign for the Economy. Will you be the next time A Republican is in the white house and the stock market is doing good. Or will you go back to the old, it means nothing line?

Last edited:
Hey Mods, this thread belongs in the 'Stock Market' section.
Wait, leave it here, so we can see who the one day 'happy days are here again' boner-brains are!

The Dow jumps more than 200 points; the S&P 500 and Nasdaq are ahead in 2010 for the first time since June. Economic reports from China, Europe and the US are better than expected. Oil tops $81.

Stocks started August with a bang, jumping at the open on better-than-expected reports on manufacturing and construction spending.

The move also got a big boost from rallies in Europe that lifted the euro against the dollar. The cheer from Europe, in turn, sent crude oil above $81 a barrel and led to a rally in copper.

At 3:36 p.m. ET, the Dow Jones industrials ($INDU) were up 222 points, or 2%, to 10,688.

Stocks soar as confidence builds- Market Dispatches - MSN Money

Aparently small business is not impressed....

Small Business Optimism PLUNGES: Firms See Lower Spending And More Layoffs Ahead

Let's see.
GDP last quarter, ending in June, was 1/2 of what GDP was in the last quarter of 2009. Businesses are sitting on money that they should be expanding their busineses with, so, instead, they are putting it into the market because of impending tax hikes, rather then really expanding and hiring (little longer-term confidence there....). Also, the freshly printed money that the ink hasn't dried on yet, namely unemployment extensions, hit the state unemployment books this week.
So, buy...buy...buy....let's party for the short term!

Also, in June, retailers cut back on XMAS pre-orders while they still could, expecting another less than sterling XMAS. If the market runs til' mid-Sept. to 11,500, which I highly doubt, I'm selling at 11,000. but I bought in years ago in the low 6,000's.
I'm not greedy, but I think I'll time this final 'run-up' about right.

Obviously real estate is now way less a piece of the pie. It could be a good while before it's robust again.

Eh, it the problem is it wasn't "Robust" before. It was bloated. A (very) big piece of the "What the fuck just happened around here!?" puzzle.

Irrelevant.

BOOOOOOSHWHACKED!

Thread over. :lol:

I agree with the democrat double standard on the market. But it's funny as he'll republicans are now whining the same cry baby tune on unemployment etc the dems wailed under bush. Thanks

I agree with the democrat double standard on the market. But it's funny as he'll republicans are now whining the same cry baby tune on unemployment etc the dems wailed under bush. Thanks

Yep, but you guys were right then, and we are right now. You can call it a recovery all you want. People will not think it is until jobs come back. Period.

Real Jobs not Saved or Created Government Jobs. Private sector Jobs. When they are rolling back in, Then Obama can claim he fixed it.

Last edited:
Who cares?...Just a bunch of them eeeevil rich people cleaning up on the backs of the sainted poooooooooooor.

Right, Chrissy? :rolleyes:

It's ok if the rich get richer off the stock market, as long as it's accompanied by a left-favorable news article about the economy.

Pretty funny, huh? :lol:

I am man enough to admit that it is doing well today, and that is a good sign for the Economy. Will you be the next time A Republican is in the white house and the stock market is doing good. Or will you go back to the old, it means nothing line?

I wish people wouldn't politicize the stock market, no matter who is in power. The structural fundamental dynamics of the American economy are extremely strong. Political people like to politicize everything and exaggerate the role of politics in the economy. Stocks have done well with liberals in power and stocks have done well with conservatives in power. Likewise, stocks have done poorly with conservatives in power and stocks have done poorly with liberals in power.

For example, I'm sure it would shock most Republicans to know that the Venezuelan stock market under Chavez did much better than the US stock market under Bush. Now, if you believe politics plays a big role in what the market does, find a correlation that Chavez was more pro-business than Bush.

Forum List

Back