Stocks Skyrocket as Wall Street Welcomes Bush Victory

I hope the stock market and economy continue to do this and that the price of oil will fall some more. This will really hit home to those liberals who criticized Bush for the economy and rising oil prices.

One thing that I do expect and that we need to understand will most likely happen (cuz the libs will try to use this in `06 and `08 against us) is that housing prices will, most likely, drop quite a bit.

There are a number of reasons, but here is my thoughts on why.

1. As the economy hums along, the feds will raise rates to control the rate of growth (we have to avoid inflation)

2. The housing market has boomed over the last four years because people took their money out of the market and put it into real-estate since you can't make more dirt and the market was more than lack-luster. Now that the markets will start humming again, a lot of people will take their money out of real-estate and put it into the market where they will be able to make better returns and they won't have to worry about 1031 exhanges, etc.

3. Over the past year, the housing market sky-rocketed in anticipation of a democratic win. There will now need to be a slight adjustment.

In place like Vegas (where I live) housing prices will continue to climb at 3-5% per year, but that is a far cry from the 52% growth in housing prices we had last year.

I'm telling you, the high-tech industry is doing quite well right now. I work with a lot of head-hunters and the salaries being offered are the most in years and there are a LOT of openings. A lot of the growth in high-tech is in the R&D industry and in defense, but as happened in the past eventually that stuff will get commercialized and there will be another major high-tech boom in about four to six years (about the length of the cycle to go from military to commercial). Therefore, we have to make sure the GOP wins again in `08 or it will be like 1992 all over again and when the economy takes off, the Dems will get the credit (as Clinton did) for the efforts of the GOP.

JMHO and 2 cents

eric said:
Yes, growth has been excellent for us !!!

what segment are you in? I work with fiber and high-reliability RF and MW components....

Bonnie said:
Did anyone catch what happened yesterday to Wall St?
Apparently when Wall St got a whif of early exit poll data the market plunged, and then recovered when the truth behind the sampling of those polls came out.

Yep.... I noticed that!!!

Bonnie said:
Did anyone catch what happened yesterday to Wall St?
Apparently when Wall St got a whif of early exit poll data the market plunged, and then recovered when the truth behind the sampling of those polls came out.
I'll bet if you plotted a graph, market activity vs. Kerry's poll numbers from nomination to election, you'd find a very telling correlation.

what segment are you in? I work with fiber and high-reliability RF and MW components....

We started as a software development/network security firm and worked mostly with Web Application Providers, primarily servicing the securities trading industry. We expanded our base through mergers and now focus almost exclusively on the Medical Information Management industry. We develop, sell, and service systems (hardware and software) designed to manage the entire patient care lifecycle for healthcare providers, clinics, and hospitals. We also develop, install, and support bridge interfaces for many diagnostic laboratories as well as interfaces for diagnostic medical equipment. Recently, we have started providing direct support services including call centers, insurance billing, follow-up, and claim resoultion.

Another poor misguided soul falling into the well of conspiracy theory. Very sad !! :lame2:

Uh, apparently, the rest of the population is too,
When I was temporarily Banned, I went to a few other board, the plague is spreading.

I think you see more nut jobs invading your thoughts.

Did Defense & Pharmaceutical stocks rally today or not?

Who is profiting in these sectors?

I don’ t know or care to be honest with you.

White knight said:
Uh, apparently, the rest of the population is too,
When I was temporarily Banned, I went to a few other board, the plague is spreading.

I think you see more nut jobs invading your thoughts.

Did Defense & Pharmaceutical stocks rally today or not?

Who is profiting in these sectors?

I don’ t know or care to be honest with you.

first off, stocks soared across the board.

secondly, of course defense stocks soared, WS knows that Bush, unlike Clinton, will provide the military with what they need. Therefore, they can and should expect more business.

As for drug companies, again, Bush has passed promised seniors more help with prescription drugs, so they too will benefit. A matter of fact, even if Kerry had been elected the drug stocks would have gone up as the government would be their biggest customer under his plan.

Get a clue would ya?

What you said had nothing to do with what I said,

Defense and Pharn were the biggest Winners of the day, Thoes are G.W biggest family investments and also some of his biggest supporters, why not the War on Terror is making them very rich.

Is G.W's. Daddy working for the Carlyle Group, or not? Debunk that myth.

Bush, FormerUS President andVice PresidentFormer Directorof the CIA
CarlyleSenior AdvisorRetired 10/03 Shareholder

White knight said:
Yes, it was Win, Win, for G.W. and Senior and their interest in The Carlyle Group
http://www.hereinreality.com/carlyle.html

Oh and the pharmaceuticals rallied pretty big, another win for Bush Oh, and Dick Cheney too.

OK, fellow right wing conspirators... Mr. Moore is on to us!.... time to switch to Plan 'B' ....meet at the corner of Chow and Main at 23:00 hours, the code word is "tinky-winky" .... I will be the man in the red shirt reading 'National Review'... now let's synchronize our watches..... this post will self destruct in 10 seconds ....

:blowup:

KarlMarx said:
OK, fellow right wing conspirators... Mr. Moore is on to us!.... time to switch to Plan 'B' ....meet at the corner of Chow and Main at 23:00 hours, the code word is "tinky-winky" .... I will be the man in the red shirt reading 'National Review'... now let's synchronize our watches..... this post will self destruct in 10 seconds ....

:blowup:

Who will be wearing the Pink Carnation???

I hope the stock market and economy continue to do this and that the price of oil will fall some more. This will really hit home to those liberals who criticized Bush for the economy and rising oil prices.

Where has ChrisH been? OMG!!!

Forum List

Back