stocks rise on suggestion of stimulus

Money is already cheap and has been for years - what's the interest rate, currently?

That depends on the maturity of the bond. Long term I think are at historic lows of 1.7%.

My point is not that money is already cheap. My point is expanding the supply of currency is not going to hep the economy. The exact opposite is the truth. It drives up prices, reduces the value of saving, discourages savings and ultimately destroys wealth.
Money has been ultra cheap for many years now - how much has inflation gone up?

Let's just take from 1971. The year Nixon Nixed the gold standard.

Consumer Price Index Data from 1913 to 2012 - US Inflation Calculator
*The table of data is based upon a 1982 base of 100. What does this mean? A CPI of 195.3, as an example from 2005, indicates 95.3% inflation since 1982.*

1971 39.8 Jan
2012 226.655 Jan.

And the CPI doesn't even accurately capture the numbers.

US stocks turn higher despite unease over Europe | Fox News

U.S. stocks moved higher Tuesday, recovering some of their big loss from a day earlier, after a Federal Reserve official said he supported more measures to stimulate the economy.

The Dow Jones industrial average climbed 100 points to 12,511.

Charles Evans, president of the Fed's Chicago bank, told Bloomberg News that he supported action to produce faster job growth. Last week, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke said he was ready to act if the economy needs it but made no promises.

Read more: US stocks turn higher on hopes of stimulus | Fox News

when business is even clamoring for stimulus you know the cons are fucked.

so what do the disguntled brains cons peons do?

they pretend they are all against the wealthy getting wealthier.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

U.S. stocks moved higher Tuesday, recovering some of their big loss from a day earlier, after a Federal Reserve official said he supported more measures to stimulate the economy.

Charles Evans, president of the Fed's Chicago bank, told Bloomberg News that he supported action to produce faster job growth. Last week, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke said he was ready to act if the economy needs it but made no promises.

when business is even clamoring for stimulus you know the cons are fucked.

How stupid are you??

Of course business is going to clamor for free money to make themselves richer.

You'd do the same thing if you could.

so what do the disguntled brains cons peons do?

they pretend they are all against the wealthy getting wealthier.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No, I'm against government money going to make investors wealthier.

You would be too, if you had a brain.

Damn! I was hoping the market would keep dropping!

Are you really this fucking stupid?

Explain why the stock market wants cheap money? Oh, gee, I dont know, maybe so they can gamble and make more FRNs on the gambles.

Tell me why pumping more money into the economy, like the last two QEs, wont do a fucking thing for the economy. Tell me that.

oh he now hates wealthy people because they want a stimulus

Are you really this fucking stupid?

Explain why the stock market wants cheap money? Oh, gee, I dont know, maybe so they can gamble and make more FRNs on the gambles.

Tell me why pumping more money into the economy, like the last two QEs, wont do a fucking thing for the economy. Tell me that.

oh he now hates wealthy people because they want a stimulus

OK, if you're so wound up about the investors in the market taking money from the government, then don't ever whine about the tax cuts for the rich ever again.

Deal?????

You're either a drunk, a moron or a troll. Im not sure which but you are shameless. You get intellectually hammered over and over and over and then...you come back for more.

Seems you'd learn to just STFU after a while. But I guess that's why the truth really doesn't matter to you.

oh the "your a poopy pants" arguement

damn thoses pesky facts huh they never seem to back you up

there is NO facts to back austerity.

Its a historically failed idea.

Yet you guys cling to it for life.

why are you so brainwashed?

Forum List

Back