stocks rise on suggestion of stimulus

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
US stocks turn higher despite unease over Europe | Fox News

U.S. stocks moved higher Tuesday, recovering some of their big loss from a day earlier, after a Federal Reserve official said he supported more measures to stimulate the economy.

The Dow Jones industrial average climbed 100 points to 12,511.

Charles Evans, president of the Fed's Chicago bank, told Bloomberg News that he supported action to produce faster job growth. Last week, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke said he was ready to act if the economy needs it but made no promises.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/12/us-stocks-open-higher-despite-unease-over-europe/#ixzz1xbfMUoJ9

Sweet. More cheap money. Nothing cures a monetary inflation hangover like more monetary inflation. Hair of the dog, man. Works every time. :lmao:

Charles Evans has been saying this for weeks. He is an alternate Fed member. He can't even vote this year.

2012 Members of the FOMC Members

Ben S. Bernanke, Board of Governors, Chairman
William C. Dudley, New York, Vice Chairman
Elizabeth A. Duke, Board of Governors
Jeffrey M. Lacker, Richmond
Dennis P. Lockhart, Atlanta
Sandra Pianalto, Cleveland
Jerome H. Powell, Board of Governors
Sarah Bloom Raskin, Board of Governors
Jeremy C. Stein, Board of Governors
Daniel K. Tarullo, Board of Governors
John C. Williams, San Francisco
Janet L. Yellen, Board of Governors

Alternate Members

James Bullard, St. Louis
Charles L. Evans, Chicago
Esther George, Kansas City
Eric S. Rosengren, Boston
Christine M. Cumming, First Vice President, New York

• Banned
history proves you people wrong.

why bother with facts when you have blind idiot devotion on your side huh guys?

• Banned
why dont you prove why the stock market wants a stimnulus?

Are you really this fucking stupid?

Explain why the stock market wants cheap money? Oh, gee, I dont know, maybe so they can gamble and make more FRNs on the gambles.

Tell me why pumping more money into the economy, like the last two QEs, wont do a fucking thing for the economy. Tell me that.

EPIC FAIL!!!!

So now you are for the rich & making their stocks go up?

The rich have made way more money under the Obama administration than any other in history. Now you want to help them even more.

its has already worked in the past and even your precious stock market knows it.

Saying the stimulus didnt work is a lie in the face of cold hard facts for partisan poltical gain.

how does it feel to LIE repetedly to protect your party from their own historically failed ideas

EPIC FAIL!!!!

The rich have made way more money under the Obama administration than any other in history. Now you want to help them even more.

so what part of the Obama stim package did the wealthy you all of the sudden are jealous of gave money to the wealthy?

Dear idiots,

You can not carry the water for the wealthy people you worship while you rail against the wealthy getting everything.

hypocrite much?

You simply can't make this shit up. If TM is of comparison to even 15% of voters, it is absolutely no wonder we are in this jam. Christ on crutches.

Are you really this fucking stupid?

Explain why the stock market wants cheap money? Oh, gee, I dont know, maybe so they can gamble and make more FRNs on the gambles.

Tell me why pumping more money into the economy, like the last two QEs, wont do a fucking thing for the economy. Tell me that.
Money is already cheap and has been for years - what's the interest rate, currently?

Your historically failed ideas are not getting easier to defend are they?

EPIC FAIL!!!!

so what part of the Obama stim package did the wealthy you all of the sudden are jealous of gave money to the wealthy?

Dear idiots,

You can not carry the water for the wealthy people you worship while you rail against the wealthy getting everything.

hypocrite much?

Sorry - Epic Fail Again!!!

I don't carry water for the wealthy. I have posted many times in the Laffer Curve Thread that I oppose subsidizing the rich because it was not creating jobs or tax revenue. BTW Obama extend tax cuts for the rich.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back