Stocks hit one year highs

Under Boooooooosh the market fell from 14000 to 8150 when he left office. As Obama struggled to control the economy, the market continued to slide to 6500. This represented a loss of $11.2 trillion in our economy

Since the banks were rescued and the stimulus passed in Feb, the Market has risen to 9900. This represents a gain of $4.6 trillion since March.

Over eight years of Booosh economic policies, the market dropped from 10,750 when Bush took office to 8150 when he finally left.

moron....so bush gets no credit for the highest market ever...but all the credit for it continually sinking despite it continually sinking under obama...

you're lousy hack

At his best, Bush managed a 3000 point increase in the Dow. Obama has already achieved that in nine months.

Bottom line..Over 8 years of the republican "business friendly" policies the market lost 31%

If you invested $10,000 in the market when George Bush was elected you would have had $6900 when he left

If you invested $10,000 in the market when Obama was elected, you would have $12000 today

Last edited:
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks rallied Monday morning, with the Dow topping 9900 for the first time in over a year, as investors showed optimism about the first big wave of quarterly results due out this week.

The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) rose 37 points, or 0.4% in the early going. The S&P 500 (SPX) index gained 3 points, or 0.3% and the Nasdaq composite (COMP) climbed 11 points, or 0.5%.

CNNMoney.com Market Report - Oct. 12, 2009

Sounds to me as if the guy in charge knows what the hell he is doing. Go Obama, God Bless America.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks rallied Monday morning, with the Dow topping 9900 for the first time in over a year, as investors showed optimism about the first big wave of quarterly results due out this week.

The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) rose 37 points, or 0.4% in the early going. The S&P 500 (SPX) index gained 3 points, or 0.3% and the Nasdaq composite (COMP) climbed 11 points, or 0.5%.

Sounds to me as if the guy in charge knows what the hell he is doing. Go Obama, God Bless America.

That's why you're a moron.

Another right winger ...rooting for the economy to fail

Under Boooooooosh the market fell from 14000 to 8150 when he left office. As Obama struggled to control the economy, the market continued to slide to 6500. This represented a loss of $11.2 trillion in our economy

Since the banks were rescued and the stimulus passed in Feb, the Market has risen to 9900. This represents a gain of $4.6 trillion since March.

Over eight years of Booosh economic policies, the market dropped from 10,750 when Bush took office to 8150 when he finally left.

moron....so bush gets no credit for the highest market ever...but all the credit for it continually sinking despite it continually sinking under obama...

you're lousy hack

At his best, Bush managed a 3000 point increase in the Dow. Obama has already achieved that in nine months.

Bottom line..Over 8 years of the republican "business friendly" policies the market lost 31%

If you invested $10,000 in the market when George Bush was elected you would have had $6900 when he left

If you invested $10,000 in the market when Obama was elected, you would have $12000 today

this post shows what a moron you are....presidents do not have that much control over the market....

and if you were honest you would realize bush come on as the bubble was bursting....so it actually went down and then up and then down while he was in office....so if you look at history, the market did similar under both bush and obama at the beginning of their terms....if you really want to play this game of...presidents are in total control of the markets bullshit

and tell me by what percentage did the market go down in the two days after obama won the presidency.....10%.....do you really want to play this stupid game?

epic fail

Whjere'd you get the idea the low was six k? It was low seven and this is being driven almost entirely by the bailout that gave the wall street gamblers more money with which to gamble at tax payer expense. Of course the stock market will rise a bit short term stock respond to supply and demand like everything else.

The housing bubble was largely the fault of Democrat polices at the federal level going back to WWII combined with some really screw ball stuff at state and local level which forced housing prices to rise well beyond the average Americans ability to pay for them.

you're lousy hack

this post shows what a moron you are....presidents do not have that much control over the market....

and if you were honest you would realize bush come on as the bubble was bursting....so it actually went down and then up and then down while he was in office....so if you look at history, the market did similar under both bush and obama at the beginning of their terms....if you really want to play this game of...presidents are in total control of the markets bullshit

and tell me by what percentage did the market go down in the two days after obama won the presidency.....10%.....do you really want to play this stupid game?

epic fail

Do you read what you write?

You give BOOOSH a pass on eight years in office and hold Obama accountable for his first two days.

Bottom line- We LOST money under Bush's management friendly policies

You dont want God to bless America? :eusa_pray:

epic fail

Do you read what you write?

You give BOOOSH a pass on eight years in office and hold Obama accountable for his first two days.

Bottom line- We LOST money under Bush's management friendly policies

it is obvious you didn't read what i wrote because i never gave bush a pass and didn't hold obama accountable...i expressly stated this is what happens when you play YOUR stupid game....

and we LOST money under obama....under bush it was not due solely to bush's policies, that is a flat lie and shows your ignorance

I haven't read all the threads but I hope we're at an understanding that the stock market is rallying because of inflation.

I haven't read all the threads but I hope we're at an understanding that the stock market is rallying because of inflation.

Please post any evidence you have that supports your contention.

There's really no 'evidence' as to why any market moves the way it does. It is ALWAYS speculation in that regard. Sometimes it's more fact-based speculation then other times.

But the monetary base is a prime example of exactly why someone would come to the conclusion that inflation is the reason:

BASE_Max_630_378.png

That huge spike is the Federal Reserve DOUBLING the monetary base since this recession started. That's twice the amount of money with the potential to enter the economy and chase goods, services, and investments.

If you can show a better reason why people have put their money to work in equities and commodities, then by all means, let's see it.

Last edited:
When a country invests in war, it loses.

When a country invests in its people, it wins.

It is time to invest in America instead of Iraq.

Do you ever post anything other than stupid political campaign slogans?

Do you ever post anything other than stupid political campaign slogans?

Sometimes, my friend, they are accurate as well as not stupid.

I notice you never responded back to me with your educated opinion on why you think the market's bounce this year isn't attributed to inflation.

I showed you why it most likely WAS, and you said nothing more.

I often value your opinion and did not want to quarrel with what I think is your mistaken speculation on that subject.

Forum List

Back