Stocks have their best week in two years

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Stocks wrapped up their best weekly performance in two years on Friday after a pickup in manufacturing fueled Wall Street's hopes that the economic recovery is picking up momentum.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average started July with a bang, rising 170 points, or 1.4%, to 12,583. The S&P 500 finished ahead 19 points, or 1.4%, at 1340 and the Nasdaq Composite gained 43 points, or 1.5%, at 2816.

All three three major indices touched their 200-day moving averages and finished up at least 5% for the week.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11172670/1/stock-market-story-july-1.html?cm_ven=GOOGLEN

Last edited:
Oh neat ......

What's unemployment at again?.....
Good news for America pisses CON$ off! They are down to their last hope!

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

October 31, 2008
RUSH: Joe the Plumber. Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

The Republicans are praying to their pig god that America fails.

They will lose.

America won't fail.

Oh neat ......

What's unemployment at again?.....

Since when did Republicans care about unemployment?

Since that marxist of a president promised if we gave him a trillion dollars unemployment wouldn't go above 8%......

He hoped it wouldn't. He never promised. Why would someone make a promise they don't know if they can keep. Besides, he never guessed Republicans would be so low that they would sabotage the economy.

I knew they would. They are 90% white and mostly confederate. Of course they would sink the country to bring down a black president. Even among the more honest Republicans, that's a given.

All Hail Obama!! He made the stock market go up!! All Hail Obama!!

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

This from the guy that posted that we should short stocks.

:lol::lol::lol:

Do you even have a brain Chris? Shorting stocks is a short term trade. When I recommended going short in April of 2010, the market went straight down for about 6 weeks. I made a great profit and covered my short. I am getting ready to short again, soon.

Last edited:
I thought the radical left didn't give a damn about what Wall Street thought? Didn't Barry say that the US Chamber of Commerce was a sinister tool of the Republican party? You can't have it both ways lefties. Which is it? Is 12,500 good news or bad news?

I thought the radical left didn't give a damn about what Wall Street thought? Didn't Barry say that the US Chamber of Commerce was a sinister tool of the Republican party? You can't have it both ways lefties. Which is it? Is 12,500 good news or bad news?

There is no "radical left."

That's a paranoid fantasy in Glen Beck's brain.

I thought the radical Right said stocks predict 6 to 9 months in the future? At least that's what they said to attack Obama, but now they don't like anything that predicts something good for America.

November 6, 2008
RUSH: The truth about this is, the markets work six to nine months ahead. Everybody in the market is trying to figure out where we're going to be six to nine months ahead.

January 15,2009
RUSH: It's entirely fair to call this Obama's stock market because it's reacting to what Obama's plans are for the economy. It's not reacting to Bush. Bush isn't on anybody's mind here.

Financial markets are a rough predictor of future economic performance, and based upon what the markets know of Obama's plans, it's giving him a failing grade. I'm not being political. The markets deal in bottom lines. It takes the pulse of millions of investors, both in this country and abroad, to report the results, unfiltered.

Forum List

Back