Stocks Have Longest Losing Streak Since Carter in 1978

The stock market is falling because we raised the debt ceiling without making meaningful cuts in spending.

the stock market is falling for 2 reasons.
1. It was already altificially high.
2. the reality of america at best holding it's own for the next decade is finally being relaized.

The stock market is falling because we raised the debt ceiling without making meaningful cuts in spending.

the stock market is falling for 2 reasons.
1. It was already altificially high.
2. the reality of america at best holding it's own for the next decade is finally being relaized.

I wouldn't say it's artificially high at all. I'd say it's just keeping pace with currency devaluation.

Dunno. I left that (Joo) stock market long ago. I'm up about 22% so far.
It's a thoid woild thang....You couldn't understand. Your masters wont let you.

how did the market react to tea party fools politicizing the raising of the debt limit?

They made the rest of the world realise America has people in it that will distroy the country for percieved political gain.

Go read some of the things foriegn leaders said about the tea party coup.

Tea Party politicized the raising of the debt limit???

What about all the fucking people who swore that there would be economic catastrophe if the limit wasn't raised?? I'm sure you swallowed that right up, even though it happened under Clinton and not only was there not catastrophe, but the stock market actually responded favorably.

Yes that's right, _THE TEA PARTY POLITICIZED IT._ Don't be an idiot. It WOULD be an economic catastrophe if the limit wasn't raised.

Nobody is thrilled about the debt, but anyone who's honest about the situation knows it was necessary, and the Republicans turned it into some kind of quid pro quo, where they morphed a necessity into some kind of debate where Democrats had to sacrifice political capital.

how did the market react to tea party fools politicizing the raising of the debt limit?

They made the rest of the world realise America has people in it that will distroy the country for percieved political gain.

Go read some of the things foriegn leaders said about the tea party coup.

Tea Party politicized the raising of the debt limit???

What about all the fucking people who swore that there would be economic catastrophe if the limit wasn't raised?? I'm sure you swallowed that right up, even though it happened under Clinton and not only was there not catastrophe, but the stock market actually responded favorably.

Yes that's right, _THE TEA PARTY POLITICIZED IT._ Don't be an idiot. It WOULD be an economic catastrophe if the limit wasn't raised.

Nobody is thrilled about the debt, but anyone who's honest about the situation knows it was necessary, and the Republicans turned it into some kind of quid pro quo, where they morphed a necessity into some kind of debate where Democrats had to sacrifice political capital.

Give me a break. BOTH sides politicized it, don't YOU be an idiot.

Was there economic catastrophe when it happened in 95?

Of course the markets are depressed.

There's too much money in the hands of the investment class FEW chasing too little profits because there is too little money in the hands of the working classes MANY.

What do you EXPECT given that imbalance between supply and demand?

I knew Truth doesn't matter couldn't answer that one.

The Gingrich government shutdown ended only when Clinton agreed to submit a 7 year CBO-approved balanced budget. That was one of the best thing that ever happened to this country.

I know its so cool isn't it, how Gingrich & the Republicans actually balanced the budget & Clinton took all the credit for it.

And who, immediatly upon getting control of both houses and the executive, destroyed all of that? Just consider the act of a tax cut as we fight two wars off of the books. And you want us to give you guys the reins of government again:cuckoo:

Without meaningful tax increases, and loophole closures for corperations and the very wealthy, why should there be meaningful cuts? Because, what assholes like you are talking about are cuts for the most vulneable in our society. Children, old, and any kind of education.

The Gingrich government shutdown ended only when Clinton agreed to submit a 7 year CBO-approved balanced budget. That was one of the best thing that ever happened to this country.

I know its so cool isn't it, how Gingrich & the Republicans actually balanced the budget & Clinton took all the credit for it.

And who, immediatly upon getting control of both houses and the executive, destroyed all of that? Just consider the act of a tax cut as we fight two wars off of the books. And you want us to give you guys the reins of government again:cuckoo:

Not every republican supported those 2 wars. Keep that in mind while you spout your partisan crap.

Without meaningful tax increases, and loophole closures for corperations and the very wealthy, why should there be meaningful cuts? Because, what assholes like you are talking about are cuts for the most vulneable in our society. Children, old, and any kind of education.

Your taxes would hardly pay for 1/10th the problem... So yes, meaningfull cuts are needed.

We don't even need cuts. We just need to freeze spending for 5 years. The budget would be balanced in 5 years and we'd be looking at massive surpluses. But ignorant, uneducated, simpletons like you would be screaming that we are starving "Children, old, and any kind of education". Your solution to every situation is class warfare, higher taxes on the rich, and income redistribution. Lenin would be proud!

Wall Street may be tanking but there are opportunities out there; In Gold and Silver. Plus, plenty of factories opening in China.

Funny thing about that is, those exact same Republicans never produced another balanced budget once Clinton was replaced by a Republican president!!!!

Funny thing about that is, those exact same Republicans never produced another balanced budget once Clinton was replaced by a Republican president!!!!

Kind of like how the anti-war democrats aren't anti-war now that there's a democrat president commanding the wars?

Kind of like how the anti-war democrats aren't anti-war now that there's a democrat president commanding the wars?
More like the pro war CON$ are now rooting for defeat in Afghanistan and terrorist attacks on American soil.

As I recall, they were anti-IRAQ war Dems. Obama has already won the Iraq war (tweak, tweak) and is pulling out.

More like the pro war CON$ are now rooting for defeat in Afghanistan and terrorist attacks on American soil.

As I recall, they were anti-IRAQ war Dems. Obama has already won the Iraq war (tweak, tweak) and is pulling out.

They don't seem to care that we have almost 10k troops in Libya fighting for..........whatever the fuck they're fighting for.

Wars of choice, my man. It's a bipartisan thing.

Forum List

Back