stocks-fall-nearly-450 points

While my money is safe in gold getting 3-5 times the original value
Gotcha, a notoriously volatile commodity is perfectly safe once you invest in it and will triple in value.

Good plan, sounds foolproof.

you will be losing 30-100% of your portfolio with what is coming our way
Nothing like the "sure I missed out on all the profits everyone else made but you wait and see" response.

and considering my yearly income exceeds 1 million a year count me in the group that doesn't give a shit.
Ahh the internet... where everyone is rich and successful.

While my money is safe in gold getting 3-5 times the original value
Gotcha, a notoriously volatile commodity is perfectly safe once you invest in it and will triple in value.

Good plan, sounds foolproof.

you will be losing 30-100% of your portfolio with what is coming our way
Nothing like the "sure I missed out on all the profits everyone else made but you wait and see" response.

and considering my yearly income exceeds 1 million a year count me in the group that doesn't give a shit.
Ahh the internet... where everyone is rich and successful.

Funny. You keep thinking that, kid.. :)

Yep I shall, I love it when I meet a random online guy who makes a million dollars a year and has it all in a checking account waiting to jump into gold so it will triple as he laughs at all the people who made 70% over the past few years while he scoffed and got a free toaster.

Rock on, you rock star.

Yep I shall, I love it when I meet a random online guy who makes a million dollars a year and has it all in a checking account waiting to jump into gold so it will triple as he laughs at all the people who made 70% over the past few years while he scoffed and got a free toaster.

Rock on, you rock star.

Actually we are all random people. This is not the first time I've mentioned my wealth as a business owner, and not the first time I've proven I know what I'm talking about when it comes to finances. With a market that could go sour so quickly at anytime like that 450 point drop the other day unexpectedly, and my yearly income I'm in a very nice position to be able to keep my money safe in my checking account until the right time to buy Gold, which will be soon, just not right now.

Rock on, you rock star.

Actually we are all random people. This is not the first time I've mentioned my wealth as a business owner, and not the first time I've proven I know what I'm talking about when it comes to finances. With a market that could go sour so quickly at anytime like that 450 point drop the other day unexpectedly, and my yearly income I'm in a very nice position to be able to keep my money safe in my checking account until the right time to buy Gold, which will be soon, just not right now.
Just keep an eye on currency risk.

not the first time I've proven I know what I'm talking about when it comes to finances.
Lots of people think they know what they're talking about when they don't, and when you say throwing all your money into gold since it is "safe" I cast a skeptical eye towards any claims of expertise. I think you've proven the opposite.

With a market that could go sour so quickly at anytime like that 450 point drop the other day unexpectedly, and my yearly income I'm in a very nice position to be able to keep my money safe in my checking account until the right time to buy Gold, which will be soon, just not right now.
Yep, the market could go sour quickly that is how it always was and always will be we all know the stock market has risk and reward. Having enough money where you can afford to make stupid investment decisions doesn't make them smart ones, not that I believe any random dumbfuck on the internet who claims to have a million dollar salary.

Last edited:
not the first time I've proven I know what I'm talking about when it comes to finances.
Lots of people think they know what they're talking about when they don't, and when you say throwing all your money into gold since it is "safe" I cast a skeptical eye towards any claims of expertise. I think you've proven the opposite.

With a market that could go sour so quickly at anytime like that 450 point drop the other day unexpectedly, and my yearly income I'm in a very nice position to be able to keep my money safe in my checking account until the right time to buy Gold, which will be soon, just not right now.
Yep, the market could go sour quickly that is how it always was and always will be we all know the stock market has risk and reward. Having enough money where you can afford to make stupid investment decisions doesn't make them smart ones, not that I believe any random dumbfuck on the internet who claims to have a million dollar salary.

Stupid is a relative label. Just because someone operates their finances in a way that you do not approve of does not make them stupid or a dumbfuck.

Stupid is a relative label. Just because someone operates their finances in a way that you do not approve of does not make them stupid or a dumbfuck.

Exactly. If you believe this recovery is real I'll just laugh at you. Just wait till they start means testing it like stopping the printing of money, then increasing interest rates there after. I'd bet heavily against it.

Having a different investment strategy is one thing, but denouncing all the millions of investors who are in the stock market as "idiots" then saying he's got all his money in a checking account waiting to put it into gold because gold is safe?

That goes beyond operating finances and into stupid territory.

Exactly. If you believe this recovery is real I'll just laugh at you. Just wait till they start means testing it like stopping the printing of money, then increasing interest rates there after. I'd bet heavily against it.

If your fate in life is determined by whether or not the recovery is "real" I'd not believe you.

Having a different investment strategy is one thing, but denouncing all the millions of investors who are in the stock market as "idiots" then saying he's got all his money in a checking account waiting to put it into gold because gold is safe?

That goes beyond operating finances and into stupid territory.

Some people are really into gold. I think it is nothing more than somewhere between an expensive lottery ticket and betting on a horse to show.

If your fate in life is determined by whether or not the recovery is "real" I'd not believe you.

My fate isn't determined by the economy, because I'm not invested in the market except for 15 Berkshire Hatheway shares. I'm not at risk like others. Also, my business success is one of those that isn't affected by a down economy. I'm economy proof unless my bank fails. I'm planning on buying up real estate and an extra vehicle for equity assets, while spreading my money through various banks 250,000 in each one for federal reimbursement, then at the right time transfer it into Gold and pay property taxes in advance, and investing into more inventory, which is also an asset. None of this requires investing in the market.

..and here we are again, with the DOW closing over 1700, in just a matter of weeks.

The sky is NOT falling, folks. The winners this month were buyers, not sellers.

My fate isn't determined by the economy, because I'm not invested in the market except for 15 Berkshire Hatheway shares. I'm not at risk like others. Also, my business success is one of those that isn't affected by a down economy. I'm economy proof unless my bank fails.
None of this invalidates the stupidity of thinking everyone in the stock market is an idiot and moving all your money from a checking account to gold is safe.

Gold is an investment with risk just like anything else, to believe otherwise is stupid regardless of how many pointless boring biographies you type out.

My fate isn't determined by the economy, because I'm not invested in the market except for 15 Berkshire Hatheway shares. I'm not at risk like others. Also, my business success is one of those that isn't affected by a down economy. I'm economy proof unless my bank fails.
None of this invalidates the stupidity of thinking everyone in the stock market is an idiot and moving all your money from a checking account to gold is safe.

Gold is an investment with risk just like anything else, to believe otherwise is stupid regardless of how many pointless boring biographies you type out.

its actually the safest investment.

its actually the safest investment.
Yep, gold is the safest investment.

As long as one considers "safe" being a historically volatile commodity with little intrinsic value that has huge price swings via world events and speculation on world events.

Forum List

Back