Stock Market today???

They worried as hell about the democrats taking over the house and fucking shit up again.

Yeah, when it’s good it is because of Trump, When it’s bad it’s because of the Dems. Can you be any more predictable?!
You mean like when it was good 44 and Dems were saying it was 44 economy. When there was talk of a trade war it started to become Trumps and now that the stock market has slid it is all Trumps economy?
First off the economy is a much larger beast than one man can tame, even POTUS. That said there is some responsibility as the leader of the country so it’s fair to judge certain elements. Each president is working under the old presidents budget for their first year, however they also effect things based on policies they institute and promises they make.

Are saying Trump is not responsible for the trade war with China?
We could have just continued with things the way they were with China stealing intellectual property, high tariffs on our goods, and companies moving because of cheap labor and no real environmental costs.

Funny that everyone including 44 was calling it his economy. But suddenly they want to yell Trump. If we had continued with all the same tariffs and the economy had continued everyone would still be yelling it was 44 and had nothing to do with Trump.

There are things that any POTUS can do that affects an economy. For instance taxes, environmental regulations, talking with CEOs and others.
Tariffs are stupid, put on by a stupid fool & they hurt Americans.

China does not steal our technology, US corps give it to them in order to sell into China.

They worried as hell about the democrats taking over the house and fucking shit up again.

Yeah, when it’s good it is because of Trump, When it’s bad it’s because of the Dems. Can you be any more predictable?!
You mean like when it was good 44 and Dems were saying it was 44 economy. When there was talk of a trade war it started to become Trumps and now that the stock market has slid it is all Trumps economy?
First off the economy is a much larger beast than one man can tame, even POTUS. That said there is some responsibility as the leader of the country so it’s fair to judge certain elements. Each president is working under the old presidents budget for their first year, however they also effect things based on policies they institute and promises they make.

We could have just continued with things the way they were with China stealing intellectual property, high tariffs on our goods, and companies moving because of cheap labor and no real environmental costs.

Funny that everyone including 44 was calling it his economy. But suddenly they want to yell Trump. If we had continued with all the same tariffs and the economy had continued everyone would still be yelling it was 44 and had nothing to do with Trump.

There are things that any POTUS can do that affects an economy. For instance taxes, environmental regulations, talking with CEOs and others.
Come on do you really not understand or are you just being difficult?! When you look at 8 year long trends in areas like unemployement is it really a stretch to say Obama played a part in those numbers and not accept the ridiculous notion that Trump came in and changed it all in the course of a year?! That’s just stupidity and yes if Trump is going to brag about those stats then it’s fair to note that Obama got that train rolling.

Agree or disagree with the trade war, I don’t see how you can make a case that it’s not Trumps responsibility.
I agree he played a part just as any one president plays a part in the new presidents numbers. But you can not deny that the last eight years was an extremely anemic recovery.

I am not making a case for whether he should be or not be held responsible for a trade war.

All I have stated is that if someone makes a case that it is 44 economy then you can not suddenly hand off the economy just because of a downturn in the stock market.

Doing so is similar to saying it is your car until the brakes go out and there is an accident then claiming it is someone else's car.

Oh, it's going to slowly slide down for a while.

A) It has been artificially inflated due to pent-up non-investing because of Obama. When Trump won, years of non-investing broke free.

B) Democrats won the House, which lessens confidence for the future

C) Tariffs will shake things up some

Funny as hell you put tariffs last even though the markets are in the red since Trump issued his first tariffs. And the market boomed for a couple days after it was announced US and China had some sort of trade plan worked out and then crashed again the day Trump tweeted he is the tariff man...

But tariffs only shake things up “some”!!!!!

Partisan blindness at it finest

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Tariffs are always bad but buy now and when the tariffs end you'll be glad you did
Tariffs are always some bad. They are what they are. They are shared pain. Many on here were saying we hold all the cards, tariffs are the best thing since sliced bread. They always cause short term pain. They are a form of war fare. There is always mutual loss at war. The we hold all the cards attitude that Americans have is juvenile and dangerous. The fact is China has manipulated currency and stolen intellectual property for a good many years l. This is fact! Some thing had to be done at some point. The question is when and what. The timing and implementation of these tariffs were like a bull in a china shop. You do not place tariffs on the whole world at once. Before placing tariffs you consider the effects and make deals with other countries to buy the effected product tariff free there by punishing the offending country and insulating your own. These tariffs were thrown about in a blind rage. As far as your advise to buy now. Bad advise. Wait the slide will continue for a large amount of reasons. Buy in a year or two when the real deals are there. For now buy rare medal. Ditch real estate and financial stocks. There will be deals out there but research them. I like to follow what other successful investors are doing. Look up the people that shorted the real estate market and do what they do. If you can find some one in real estate that orders RMV's. When the ordering of RMV faces an uptick you know the market is going to tank. Start selling at that point. Park your money and get ready to buy a shit load of real estate when it is at or near down slope limit.

Why so many periods?

stock-market-meme-2-300x217.jpg

Come on do you really not understand or are you just being difficult?! When you look at 8 year long trends in areas like unemployement is it really a stretch to say Obama played a part in those numbers and not accept the ridiculous notion that Trump came in and changed it all in the course of a year?! That’s just stupidity and yes if Trump is going to brag about those stats then it’s fair to note that Obama got that train rolling.

Agree or disagree with the trade war, I don’t see how you can make a case that it’s not Trumps responsibility.
I agree he played a part just as any one president plays a part in the new presidents numbers. But you can not deny that the last eight years was an extremely anemic recovery.

I am not making a case for whether he should be or not be held responsible for a trade war.

All I have stated is that if someone makes a case that it is 44 economy then you can not suddenly hand off the economy just because of a downturn in the stock market.

Doing so is similar to saying it is your car until the brakes go out and there is an accident then claiming it is someone else's car.
You know what we need to do
0lF1jz5.jpg

assuming you have the means to do that and can tie those funds up for the amount of time it takes for the market to come back.

Not everyone is as well off as you

think LONG TERM if you can.

The best way to use the stock market to your advantage is the methodically invest weekly, bi weekly, monthly or whatever frequency you get paid. Set up a payroll deduction so you don't have to think about it.

Pick an amount and religiously invest in an age appropriate portfolio no matter what the market is doing.

Increase that amount every chance you get. Every time you get a raise increase your investment. Thee are 3 months a year where you get a 3rd paycheck in a month on a biweekly pay schedule. Since most people base their budget on two biweekly paychecks a month put those 3 extra paychecks into your portfolio.

Get a part time job and put 100% of that money into your retirement account.

Stop buying 5 dollar coffee drinks and put that money into your retirement account
Stop smoking and put that money into your retirement account
Stop buying lunch at work every day, bring a sandwich from home and put the money you save into your retirement account

Everyone can free up some money to save

assuming you have the means to do that and can tie those funds up for the amount of time it takes for the market to come back.

Not everyone is as well off as you
If he was in the market during OBAMA's 8 years he did very well
I've been in the market since I was 18
hopefully you have many more coming but this F'er in the WH now drives me nutz

I understand your point and you are correct. It is never as simple as one mans economy. If we are looking at something specific then we can look at what factors contributed. Yes Obama had a slow recovery and did several things that I didn’t agree with but the worlds economy was stagnant through that period as well and we did better than most so that should be considered. For Trump to play the scorched earth card during his campaign and talk about Obama’s fake unemployment numbers and then claim credit for the record lows which were a result of a consistent trend that happened over many years is just an insult to our intelligence and it kills me when I hear people try to defend that.

Forum List

Back