Stock market after Trump victory

I read somewhere he was recently dumping bank stocks. Don't recall if it was from all his bank stock or just certain ones. He probably does both at the same time, just to keep people guessing about what he wants to do so they don't drive up prices of what he really wants to buy or crash stocks he wants to get rid of.

Buffet
I read somewhere he was recently dumping bank stocks. Don't recall if it was from all his bank stock or just certain ones. He probably does both at the same time, just to keep people guessing about what he wants to do so they don't drive up prices of what he really wants to buy or crash stocks he wants to get rid of.

Buffet does not make money on stocks by buying them on the open market like you or I do, so it's unlikely he would be concerned about a price run up. He buys extremely large blocks at negotiated prices.

that may be, but those negotiations are affected by open market prices until the deals are closed.

Sorry, you're wrong. Read about how he bought BOA, or some of his other Billion dollar plus buys. Buffet tells them what he thinks it's worth, and doesn't give a shit what you or I would pay for it. Now the sell side is a different story. He doesn't sell much, but he is more subject to the trading value when he does.

Some corps are almost entirely institutionally owned, some aren't, so no I'm not 'wrong'. There was more to the BoA deal. If they're listed publicly, he has to comply with the SEC regs and file like everybody else. If they're a private company, they can do whatever they want.

As for firing people, yes, Buffet brags about that all the time. The Democrats and their media hacks like to portray him as some sort of friendly kind old Grampa spinning out homilies but he's just another sociopath like all the rest; he has PR people like the Silly Con Valley pirates and labor racketeers all do.

So you agree, there is more to the deals than the listed stock price. In fact the listed stock price has little if anything to do with the deals he does.

I agree that the market price effects what he pays for publicly traded stocks, yes. You seem to think somebody is going to sell it to him cheaper than what they get selling it or something, which of course makes no sense. They would face years of lawsuits from minority stockholders for artificially manipulating prices of publicly traded securities, for one.

Someone once said: 'There's nothing rational about stocks. It's all about insider trading and data manipulation for the wolves and emotional decisions by the sheep.'
Then you need to invest in a savings account from your bank. I feel much different and have done nicely.

Yes, it's amazing; hardly anybody on the innernetz ever loses money in the markets; who needs Buffet when we have all these market geniuses on these message boards? Their trading records are 100% right all the time, while Buffet loses money occasionally.
Project much?????? I said I have done nicely. But, carry on with your with your pathetic mantra, sonny.

Yes, everybody on the innernetz claims they're 'doing great'. I invest in real equities, not lottery tickets, so I do better than nice. I'm more interested in preserving what I already have and keeping up with real inflation, as opposed to the junk numbers the Fed and Treasury put out; for that you need to watch the JApanese and Singapore markets, as they use their own far more realistic methods to calculate U.S. inflation. If I see anything worth gambling on in the markets, I look to see if anybody is writing options on it and how much they are first; if there aren't any I don't bother. Election years are the best times, and I haven't seen a decent buy on stocks since Bush vs Gore.
So stocks weren't a good buy when we were coming out of the recession? I see....
There are a lot of stocks that can be good buys if you do your due diligence.
My goals are being met with my investments that I have. Just sayin......

'Due diligence' is of course impossible for anybody who isn't an insider and audits the company itself, so no, you don't do squat but chase rumors and place bets.

Buffet
Buffet does not make money on stocks by buying them on the open market like you or I do, so it's unlikely he would be concerned about a price run up. He buys extremely large blocks at negotiated prices.

that may be, but those negotiations are affected by open market prices until the deals are closed.

Sorry, you're wrong. Read about how he bought BOA, or some of his other Billion dollar plus buys. Buffet tells them what he thinks it's worth, and doesn't give a shit what you or I would pay for it. Now the sell side is a different story. He doesn't sell much, but he is more subject to the trading value when he does.

Some corps are almost entirely institutionally owned, some aren't, so no I'm not 'wrong'. There was more to the BoA deal. If they're listed publicly, he has to comply with the SEC regs and file like everybody else. If they're a private company, they can do whatever they want.

As for firing people, yes, Buffet brags about that all the time. The Democrats and their media hacks like to portray him as some sort of friendly kind old Grampa spinning out homilies but he's just another sociopath like all the rest; he has PR people like the Silly Con Valley pirates and labor racketeers all do.

So you agree, there is more to the deals than the listed stock price. In fact the listed stock price has little if anything to do with the deals he does.

I agree that the market price effects what he pays for publicly traded stocks, yes. You seem to think somebody is going to sell it to him cheaper than what they get selling it or something, which of course makes no sense. They would face years of lawsuits from minority stockholders for artificially manipulating prices of publicly traded securities, for one.

And, he bought options, for the preferred, and didn't get any 'private special deal' on common; it was part of the Fed arranged bailouts back in 2011. He doesn't 'own' BoA.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4050956-warren-buffett-loves-bank-america

One of the reasons it's now a'good buy' is the coming repeal of Dodd-Frank, and a lot of the swindling is again going to be legal. Yay!

Last edited:
Buffet

The day Buffet invested in BOA the market share price was over $8 per share. Buffet got warrants to buy 700 million shares at just over $7 per share. How lawsuits were filed by minority share holders? ZERO. The fact is minority holders were thrilled that BOA had Buffet in their corner. Try again.

And, he bought options, for the preferred, and didn't get any 'private special deal' on common; it was part of the Fed arranged bailouts back in 2011. He doesn't 'own' BoA.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4050956-warren-buffett-loves-bank-america

One of the reasons it's now a'good buy' is the coming repeal of Dodd-Frank, and a lot of the swindling is again going to be legal. Yay!

Nope, he invested $5 Billion and got preferred shares paying him $300 mil a year in dividends plus option to buy 7 million common at at discount of over a dollar to the share price.

Trump said the stock market is in a "big, huge, ugly, bubble" and it's going to crash.

And of course the nitwit democrats here will blame the messenger when it happens.

Trump said the stock market is in a "big, huge, ugly, bubble" and it's going to crash.

And of course the nitwit democrats here will blame the messenger when it happens.

To be fair, he said it was a bubble before he was elected. After the election he applauded the market at an all time high. I'm a conservative, not a Republican, which means I don't have to defend the guy because I'm in his party. He flops like a fish on a lot of things.

In his first network interview from the White House on Wednesday, Trump discussed success in his first week in office, including Dow 20K. “The first time in history. I’m very proud of that. Now we have to go up, up, up,” Trump told ABC News.
Trump and his team want credit for stock market gains

Then you need to invest in a savings account from your bank. I feel much different and have done nicely.

Yes, it's amazing; hardly anybody on the innernetz ever loses money in the markets; who needs Buffet when we have all these market geniuses on these message boards? Their trading records are 100% right all the time, while Buffet loses money occasionally.
Project much?????? I said I have done nicely. But, carry on with your with your pathetic mantra, sonny.

Yes, everybody on the innernetz claims they're 'doing great'. I invest in real equities, not lottery tickets, so I do better than nice. I'm more interested in preserving what I already have and keeping up with real inflation, as opposed to the junk numbers the Fed and Treasury put out; for that you need to watch the JApanese and Singapore markets, as they use their own far more realistic methods to calculate U.S. inflation. If I see anything worth gambling on in the markets, I look to see if anybody is writing options on it and how much they are first; if there aren't any I don't bother. Election years are the best times, and I haven't seen a decent buy on stocks since Bush vs Gore.
So stocks weren't a good buy when we were coming out of the recession? I see....

'Due diligence' is of course impossible for anybody who isn't an insider and audits the company itself, so no, you don't do squat but chase rumors and place bets.
You can make all the excuses you want, and like I said much earlier, put YOUR money in a savings account. There it will be safe and you know exactly what your feeble return will be. I see it a lot different, obviously.

I rarely look at stocks, no way to tell what they're really worth, and the stock market is no indicator of anything to do with the economy. I will gamble a little with options and futures once in a while, that's about it. I don't lie to myself about it being 'investing', and don't get why anybody would claim stick market betting is.
I disagree, investing is about safety of yield. What is usually called investing ain't.

If you are not talking about yield, you are not talking about investing you are talking about speculation.

I get 'yields' better than most of the 'geniuses' operating hedge funds by doing absolutely nothing at all re stock markets since the summer of 1999.
Lol, you don't have to be a genius. I am not a genius and yet, the diversity I have in the market place has put me in a good position. Dividends are your friend if you aren't greedy.

You can make all the excuses you want, and like I said much earlier, put YOUR money in a savings account. There it will be safe and you know exactly what your feeble return will be. I see it a lot different, obviously.

Didn't tell anybody to put anything in a savings account.

Why cite somebody if you aren't going to address what they said?

Didn't tell anybody to put anything in a savings account.

Why cite somebody if you aren't going to address what they said?
My mistake, post 16 was made for 1%er. You two are two peas from the same pod and I made a mistake. But, it is good advice for you too.
I do my due diligence with the numbers and as a whole have done nicely. Every quarter the information comes out on the company. As for cooking the numbers as you seem to suggest.....look what happened to Enron.
Get a savings account because it's obvious you don't have the stomach for the market.

New Topics

Forum List

Back