Stock market after Trump victory

I rarely look at stocks, no way to tell what they're really worth, and the stock market is no indicator of anything to do with the economy. I will gamble a little with options and futures once in a while, that's about it. I don't lie to myself about it being 'investing', and don't get why anybody would claim stick market betting is.

Warren Buffett doesn’t see a shift in market direction, despite the stunning victory of Donald Trump in the U.S. presidential election. And this prediction from the world’s most successful income investor came after he sharply criticized the Republican candidate for his economic policies.

“The stock market will be higher 10, 20 and 30 years from now and it would have been with Hillary [Clinton] and it will be with Trump,” Buffett said in an interview with CNN.

For Warren Buffett, Trump’s protectionist trade policies still pose a threat for U.S. growth, as the “Oracle of Omaha”r predicts both China and Mexico may retaliate if Trump pursues his trade agenda. Despite this warning, Buffett doesn’t see these policies “would cause a recession” in the U.S.

Thats a breather for scared investors I guess.

Any Views Anyone??
Stock market rally died, and is falling back under 20k....What happened?
Seen the stock market today? hmmmmm?

Someone once said: 'There's nothing rational about stocks. It's all about insider trading and data manipulation for the wolves and emotional decisions by the sheep.'
Then you need to invest in a savings account from your bank. I feel much different and have done nicely.

Yes, it's amazing; hardly anybody on the innernetz ever loses money in the markets; who needs Buffet when we have all these market geniuses on these message boards? Their trading records are 100% right all the time, while Buffet loses money occasionally.

I rarely look at stocks, no way to tell what they're really worth, and the stock market is no indicator of anything to do with the economy. I will gamble a little with options and futures once in a while, that's about it. I don't lie to myself about it being 'investing', and don't get why anybody would claim stick market betting is.
I disagree, investing is about safety of yield. What is usually called investing ain't.

If you are not talking about yield, you are not talking about investing you are talking about speculation.

I disagree, investing is about safety of yield. What is usually called investing ain't.

If you are not talking about yield, you are not talking about investing you are talking about speculation.

Yield on what?

Dividend yield, option premium yield and what not depending on what you are investing in you can't compound your income flow if you aren't getting income.

Warren Buffett doesn’t see a shift in market direction, despite the stunning victory of Donald Trump in the U.S. presidential election. And this prediction from the world’s most successful income investor came after he sharply criticized the Republican candidate for his economic policies.

“The stock market will be higher 10, 20 and 30 years from now and it would have been with Hillary [Clinton] and it will be with Trump,” Buffett said in an interview with CNN.

For Warren Buffett, Trump’s protectionist trade policies still pose a threat for U.S. growth, as the “Oracle of Omaha”r predicts both China and Mexico may retaliate if Trump pursues his trade agenda. Despite this warning, Buffett doesn’t see these policies “would cause a recession” in the U.S.

Any Views Anyone??

Someone once said: 'There's nothing rational about stocks. It's all about insider trading and data manipulation for the wolves and emotional decisions by the sheep.'
Then you need to invest in a savings account from your bank. I feel much different and have done nicely.

Yes, it's amazing; hardly anybody on the innernetz ever loses money in the markets; who needs Buffet when we have all these market geniuses on these message boards? Their trading records are 100% right all the time, while Buffet loses money occasionally.
Project much?????? I said I have done nicely. But, carry on with your with your pathetic mantra, sonny.

Project much?????? I said I have done nicely. But, carry on with your with your pathetic mantra, sonny.

Yes, everybody on the innernetz claims they're 'doing great'. I invest in real equities, not lottery tickets, so I do better than nice. I'm more interested in preserving what I already have and keeping up with real inflation, as opposed to the junk numbers the Fed and Treasury put out; for that you need to watch the JApanese and Singapore markets, as they use their own far more realistic methods to calculate U.S. inflation. If I see anything worth gambling on in the markets, I look to see if anybody is writing options on it and how much they are first; if there aren't any I don't bother. Election years are the best times, and I haven't seen a decent buy on stocks since Bush vs Gore.

Yes, everybody on the innernetz claims they're 'doing great'. I invest in real equities, not lottery tickets, so I do better than nice. I'm more interested in preserving what I already have and keeping up with real inflation, as opposed to the junk numbers the Fed and Treasury put out; for that you need to watch the JApanese and Singapore markets, as they use their own far more realistic methods to calculate U.S. inflation. If I see anything worth gambling on in the markets, I look to see if anybody is writing options on it and how much they are first; if there aren't any I don't bother. Election years are the best times, and I haven't seen a decent buy on stocks since Bush vs Gore.
So stocks weren't a good buy when we were coming out of the recession? I see....
There are a lot of stocks that can be good buys if you do your due diligence.
My goals are being met with my investments that I have. Just sayin......

Any Views Anyone??

Buffet is a true Capitalist even though he claims to supportthe Democrats ideas.
Consider this-
Buffet bought $5 billion worth of Bank of America in 2011. It's worth over $13 billion today when you add the $300 million yearly dividend.
View attachment 100159

So The Oracle of Omaha has made Billions while 10s of thousand have lost their job at BoA-
View attachment 100160

You love this guy liberals? He made over $8 billion while over 50,000 lost their jobs.

Buffet also brought all of his Bank of America shares at a discount to the market. Banks are complicated investments. It was the first time he's ever invested in banking stocks in his career.

I recall multiple pundits before the election claiming "the markets hate uncertainty and therefore a Trump upset would be disastrous". What happened to that prediction? Why have the markets gone straight up since Trump was elected? Is this pure expectation on corporate tax reduction?

Any Views Anyone??

Buffet is a true Capitalist even though he claims to supportthe Democrats ideas.
Consider this-
Buffet bought $5 billion worth of Bank of America in 2011. It's worth over $13 billion today when you add the $300 million yearly dividend.
View attachment 100159

So The Oracle of Omaha has made Billions while 10s of thousand have lost their job at BoA-
View attachment 100160

You love this guy liberals? He made over $8 billion while over 50,000 lost their jobs.

Buffet also brought all of his Bank of America shares at a discount to the market. Banks are complicated investments. It was the first time he's ever invested in banking stocks in his career.

I read somewhere he was recently dumping bank stocks. Don't recall if it was from all his bank stock or just certain ones. He probably does both at the same time, just to keep people guessing about what he wants to do so they don't drive up prices of what he really wants to buy or crash stocks he wants to get rid of.

Last edited:
I recall multiple pundits before the election claiming "the markets hate uncertainty and therefore a Trump upset would be disastrous". What happened to that prediction? Why have the markets gone straight up since Trump was elected? Is this pure expectation on corporate tax reduction?

They didn't look too great last Friday. I see a handful of stocks driving up indexes, and others driving them back down. Same old same old. Retail still tanking; no customers, no discretionary income increases to drive a real economy with.

So stocks weren't a good buy when we were coming out of the recession? I see....
There are a lot of stocks that can be good buys if you do your due diligence.
My goals are being met with my investments that I have. Just sayin......

Some do get lucky, never said they don't; I just do my gambling in Vegas or Reno. It's more fun than poring over fake numbers in tout sheets and doing the numerology thing. Horse track bettors do that a lot, too.

I get 'yields' better than most of the 'geniuses' operating hedge funds by doing absolutely nothing at all re stock markets since the summer of 1999.

Any Views Anyone??

Consider this-
View attachment 100159

View attachment 100160

I read somewhere he was recently dumping bank stocks. Don't recall if it was from all his bank stock or just certain ones. He probably does both at the same time, just to keep people guessing about what he wants to do so they don't drive up prices of what he really wants to buy or crash stocks he wants to get rid of.

Buffet

Any Views Anyone??

Consider this-
View attachment 100159

View attachment 100160

Buffet does not make money on stocks by buying them on the open market like you or I do, so it's unlikely he would be concerned about a price run up. He buys extremely large blocks at negotiated prices.

Any Views Anyone??

Consider this-
View attachment 100159

View attachment 100160

Buffet

Any Views Anyone??

Consider this-
View attachment 100159

View attachment 100160

Buffet does not make money on stocks by buying them on the open market like you or I do, so it's unlikely he would be concerned about a price run up. He buys extremely large blocks at negotiated prices.

that may be, but those negotiations are affected by open market prices until the deals are closed.

Any Views Anyone??

Consider this-
View attachment 100159

View attachment 100160

Buffet

Any Views Anyone??

Consider this-
View attachment 100159

View attachment 100160

that may be, but those negotiations are affected by open market prices until the deals are closed.

Sorry, you're wrong. Read about how he bought BOA, or some of his other Billion dollar plus buys. Buffet tells them what he thinks it's worth, and doesn't give a shit what you or I would pay for it. Now the sell side is a different story. He doesn't sell much, but he is more subject to the trading value when he does.

Any Views Anyone??

/----- Buffett gets a pass from the left because he says we need tax hikes. Most of his income is sheltered so it doesn't affect him as it does the middle class. Same thing for Bill Gates.

Consider this-
View attachment 100159

View attachment 100160

Buffet
Consider this-
View attachment 100159

View attachment 100160

Sorry, you're wrong. Read about how he bought BOA, or some of his other Billion dollar plus buys. Buffet tells them what he thinks it's worth, and doesn't give a shit what you or I would pay for it. Now the sell side is a different story. He doesn't sell much, but he is more subject to the trading value when he does.

Some corps are almost entirely institutionally owned, some aren't, so no I'm not 'wrong'. There was more to the BoA deal. If they're listed publicly, he has to comply with the SEC regs and file like everybody else. If they're a private company, they can do whatever they want.

As for firing people, yes, Buffet brags about that all the time. The Democrats and their media hacks like to portray him as some sort of friendly kind old Grampa spinning out homilies but he's just another sociopath like all the rest; he has PR people like the Silly Con Valley pirates and labor racketeers all do.

Buffet

Some corps are almost entirely institutionally owned, some aren't, so no I'm not 'wrong'. There was more to the BoA deal. If they're listed publicly, he has to comply with the SEC regs and file like everybody else. If they're a private company, they can do whatever they want.

As for firing people, yes, Buffet brags about that all the time. The Democrats and their media hacks like to portray him as some sort of friendly kind old Grampa spinning out homilies but he's just another sociopath like all the rest; he has PR people like the Silly Con Valley pirates and labor racketeers all do.

So you agree, there is more to the deals than the listed stock price. In fact the listed stock price has little if anything to do with the deals he does.

Forum List

Back