Stock Exchange

Don't waste your time. Stock picking is a joke that will lose you a lot of money.

Get this book and set up a portfolio yourself and stick to it.

What Works on Wall Street: A Guide to the Best-Performing Investment Strategies of All Time
What Works on Wall Street

Prices are inflated now. Take long naps, maybe go camping, whatever, and avoid picking anything. It's all sucker rallies for the next year, just as it has been for the last year.

I do not trust the markets anymore, companies inflate earnings and all of a sudden they go bankrupt. The only way to safety invest is an index fund.

I do wish they would raise interest rates and we can start collecting interest from a bank saving again.

Also since the GOP want to get rid of all pensions, and force everyone into 401K's , they will be able to play with your money all that much more.

Be leery of any hedge fund manager, and people like Jim Cramer.

I do not trust the markets anymore, companies inflate earnings and all of a sudden they go bankrupt. The only way to safety invest is an index fund.

I do wish they would raise interest rates and we can start collecting interest from a bank saving again.

Also since the GOP want to get rid of all pensions, and force everyone into 401K's , they will be able to play with your money all that much more.

Be leery of any hedge fund manager, and people like Jim Cramer.

Indeed. Most of the 'big shots' are doing the equivalent of 'picking up nickels in front of bulldozers, having to apply huge leverage to get significant returns; not much has changed since before the bailout as far as improving transparency, and certainly they haven't rolled back all the loose accounting rules that have been a real disaster since the 1980's. they're now trying to gin up yet another real estate bubble; it's truly amazing how they keep doing that and people keep jumping on that train.

Forum List

Back